
The Duchess of Sussex addressed a crowd in Switzerland on the perils of social media yesterday evening
Meghan Markle “seeks publicity” online, a royal commentator has claimed, despite her attack on social media during a powerful address at the Lost Screen Memorial in Geneva on Sunday.
The Duchess of Sussex appeared alongside World Health Organisation director-general Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus at yesterday’s event, where she called for tighter restrictions on online networking platforms.
She declared young people are currently being moulded by platforms “designed to capture attention at any cost: relentless algorithms, exploitative engagement, and endless exposure to harmful content that they are not seeking out”.
The duchess also said that “a joyful and athletic young girl” could go online “looking for healthy recipes” but instead find extortionate amounts of “body dysmorphia content and pro-anorexia videos”.
The Sussexes have long fought against the dangers and harms of social media.
During their recent tour of Australia, Meghan claimed she had been “the most trolled person in the entire world”.
Meanwhile, Prince Harry praised Australia’s “epic” decision to ban social media for under-16s.
“Australia took the lead,” he told a crowd Down Under. “Your government was the first country in the world to bring about a ban.”

Meghan Markle ‘seeks publicity’ online despite her attack on social media during a powerful address at the Lost Screen Memorial
| GETTY
Australia banned youngsters from using major social media services, including Tiktok, X, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat and Threads last year.
Youngsters are now unable to set up new accounts, and existing profiles were deactivated.
Royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams told GB News: “The Sussexes have campaigned against online abuse for years, and it is an extremely serious problem.
“When on tour in Australia, Meghan complained she was the most trolled person in the world.”
However, he added: “They certainly seek publicity, and they want to control it, having so brutally attacked the royal family.”
Hours before she set off for Geneva, Meghan shared a new photo of herself with Princess Lilibet.
The intimate mirror selfie captured the Duchess of Sussex standing in her walk-in wardrobe as her youngest child sat on the floor nearby, seemingly assisting with outfit selection.
While adorable, some fans have led to question the irony of the duchess’s powerful words that came just hours after exposing her young daughter to her millions of social media followers.

Some fans have led to question the irony of the duchess’s comments
“The Sussexes are tireless in self-promotion,” Mr Fitzwilliams continued.
“Their habit of photographing their children from the back so their faces are usually not revealed is very curious.
“That is obviously up to them, but it is odd.
“However, there are those who believe this is a build-up to when they do show their faces and come over to the UK in July, if Harry gets the automatic security he expects.”
News
PRIVATE LIFE FIRST: Dara Huang OPENS UP ABOUT WHY Princess Beatrice’S STEPSON IS KEPT OUT OF THE SPOTLIGHT
Wolfie has been seen at Sandringham and the Princess of Wales’s annual carol service Dara Huang has offered a rare insight into how she protects her son, Christopher “Wolfie” Woolf Mapelli Mozzi. The mother-of-one revealed that she deliberately avoids sharing…
Royal Frenzy in Italy: Catherine, Princess of Wales, Stirring Up Crowds – But Her Real Mission Has Only Just Begun 🇮🇹
Princess of Wales draws screaming crowds in Italy as Catherine’s real mission begins The future queen showed how she plans to turn global fascination into lasting change There is no doubt that the Princess of Wales is an international icon….
Trouble continues to mount for Prince Andrew as new action is reportedly being taken to remove one of his remaining public honours
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor suffers fresh blow as action taken to strip former duke of Freedom honour The censure motion will come before the Court of Common Council at its meeting on May 21 The City of London Corporation has decided to…
What’s behind the fresh new look? Meghan Markle has sparked buzz after updating her profile picture and giving both her Instagram and As Ever website a noticeable refresh.
Meghan Markle in major rebrand as Duchess changes profile picture The Duchess of Sussex has given her Instagram and As Ever website a new look. Meghan Markle had a major rebrand (Image: Getty) Meghan Markle has updated her Instagram profile picture for…
“SILENCE SPEAKS VOLUMES…” — Meghan Faces Backlash Over Mother’s Day Post
Meghan Slammed After Leaving Doria Ragland Out of Mother’s Day Tribute: ‘Silence Speaks Volumes’ Meghan Markle’s Mother’s Day silence is being dissected by royal watchers following her latest brand expansion. Meghan Markle and her mother, Doria Ragland, at an event…
A spokesperson for Meghan Markle has firmly denied claims that the Duchess of Sussex is planning to sell her clothes for profit
Meghan Markle’s spokesman shuts down speculation about Duchess of Sussex selling clothes The Duchess of Sussex previously hinted she may expand into fashion ‘down the line’ Meghan Markle’s spokesman has shut down rumours about the Duchess of Sussex selling clothes….
End of content
No more pages to load