
A 15-year-old boy has pleaded guilty to murdering 12-year-old Leo Ross as he walked home from school in Birmingham last year.
The teenager, who cannot be named for legal reasons, entered his plea on Thursday at Birmingham Crown Court.
Leo was thought to have been making his way home from his school in Yardley Wood, Birmingham, when he was stabbed in the stomach on 21 January 2025.

At 12 years old, he is believed to be the youngest victim of knife crime in the West Midlands.
Leo Ross killer ‘enjoyed hurting people’
Members of the public came to help him as he lay on a riverside path in a park and called the emergency services but Leo died in hospital.
His family said he had been walking a 10-minute route home and police said he was speaking to a friend on the phone, arranging to meet near a certain tree in Trittiford Mill Park.
His friend turned up but Leo never did.
arrow_forward_ios
Read more
00:00
00:34
01:31
Powered by
GliaStudios
His foster family described him as “the sweetest, kindest boy who put others before himself.”
“He was loved by all that knew him, he made friends with everyone he met, young or old,” they added.
Leo’s birth mother, Rachel Fisher, said her son “didn’t have a bad bone in his body”.
“My baby’s life was stolen for no reason whatsoever, my life will never be the same again without him,” she said.

Killer caught on camera at murder scene
The defendant, who was 14 at the time of the stabbing, also pleaded guilty to two counts of causing grievous bodily harm with intent and one of assault occasioning actual bodily harm, over separate attacks on three elderly women.
Those victims were pushed to the ground, hit by him and suffered serious injuries, the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said.
Detectives found the knife used in the stabbing had been thrown into a nearby river – the teenager pleaded guilty to possession of a bladed article.
Investigators also discovered that the killer opted to hang around to talk to officers at the murder scene, falsely claiming he had stumbled across Leo lying fatally injured beside the River Cole.

Leo is believed to be the youngest victim of knife crime in the West Midlands
Leo had no connection to his attacker, police believe, and he was subjected to what senior officers described as a completely random and unprovoked stabbing.
The boy showed no remorse and gave no explanation during his interview, only saying “no comment” when asked about Leo’s murder and the earlier assaults, police said.
The defendant’s guilty pleas were entered more than six months after a trial was postponed to allow psychiatric experts to assess the defendant.
Judge Paul Farrer KC said sentencing would be set for 10 February and, in the meantime, the 15-year-old would be remanded into youth detention.

Acting head teacher Tim Boyes said Leo was lovable and bright
Leo was a pupil at Christ Church C of E Secondary Academy and Tim Boyes, their acting head at the time of the stabbing, said his death had a huge impact on staff and pupils.
He recalled the moment the school got a call to say a student had been stabbed.
“I jumped in the car and was at the scene whilst paramedics and police were just beginning to deal with the horrible crisis,” he said.
Boyes said he remembered Leo as “a quirky, lovable, bright, unusual little boy”.
“For a 12-year-old, he was quite young and he had a naivety and simplicity,” he said.
Boyes said unlike many boys his age who were into football, Leo was “passionate about fossils”.
Flowers were left at the scene of the stabbing along with written messages which included saying Leo was “loved by many people” and “our lives won’t be the same without you”.
Speaking after Thursday’s hearing, Jonathan Roe, from the CPS, called the stabbing a “senseless act of violence” that “robbed a 12-year-old boy of his life”.
Det Insp Joe Davenport thanked members of the community who tried to save Leo’s life.
“This was a heartbreaking and senseless attack on a young boy who was completely innocent,” he said.
At the hearing, the teenager also denied charges of assault occasioning actual bodily harm on 22 October 2024 and assault by beating on 29 December 2024 in relation to two more victims and those charges were ordered to lie on file.
News
“‘I THOUGHT THE CASE WAS OVER… THEN THIS HAPPENED.’” Just when many believed the Mackenzie Shirilla story had finally faded, a new controversy has pulled it back into the spotlight — this time involving her father and a reported suspension from his teaching role.
New Controversy Pulls Mackenzie Shirilla Case Back Into Spotlight As Father’s Reported School Suspension Sparks Debate 4 Just when many people believed the Mackenzie Shirilla case had finally faded from national headlines, a surprising new controversy has suddenly dragged the…
“‘HELP ME… PLEASE…’” A heartbreaking Midtown tr@gedy involving grandmother Donike Gocaj is now drawing renewed attention as newly released findings begin to shed light on what may have happened beneath a busy New York street.
Medical Findings Reveal Chilling New Details After Grandmother’s Death Beneath Midtown Street 4 New York City is once again grieving — and demanding answers — after newly released medical findings shed disturbing light on the tragic Midtown street collapse that…
“SHE WALKED INTO PR!SON… BUT THE DR@MA NEVER STAYED OUTSIDE.” Years after the case that shocked the country, Mackenzie Shirilla is back in headlines following new claims reportedly coming from inside pr!son walls
Fresh Prison Claims About Mackenzie Shirilla Reignite Debate Around “Hell On Wheels” Case 4 Years after the crash case that stunned the country, convicted “Hell on Wheels” driver Mackenzie Shirilla is once again dominating headlines — not because of a…
“‘THEY FINALLY FOUND THEM…’ MALDIVES CAVE MYSTERY ENDS IN TR@GEDY” A devastating search in the infamous “shark cave” has reportedly come to an end after rescuers recovered the remaining v!ctims from the underwater labyrinth, bringing a heartbreaking closure to the ongoing operation.
Divers Recover Final Bodies From Maldives “Shark Cave” After Catastrophic Underwater Disaster 4 The heartbreaking search operation inside one of the Maldives’ most feared underwater cave systems has finally come to an end after rescuers recovered the remaining bodies of…
“SHE WASN’T CRY!NG OVER THE CR@SH… SHE WAS RUNNING THE PR!SON.” A former inmate’s alleged claims about Mackenzie Shirilla are now going viral online, suggesting a very different side to the “Hell on Wheels” case than what the public saw in documentaries.
Fresh controversy is erupting around Mackenzie Shirilla after a former inmate made explosive allegations about what the convicted “Hell on Wheels” killer was allegedly really like behind bars — claims that sharply contradict the emotional image many viewers saw in…
“THEY DIDN’T JUST PANIC UNDERWATER… SOMETHING INSIDE THAT CAVE MAY HAVE PULLED THEM INTO A DEADLY TRAP.”
ALL five bodies of the Italian tourists who died during a dangerous cave dive in the Maldives last week have now been recovered. Giorgia Sommacal, 22, and Muriel Oddenino, 31, were found inside the “shark cave” today by an expert team of Finnish…
End of content
No more pages to load