ALL five bodies of the Italian tourists who died during a dangerous cave dive in the Maldives last week have now been recovered.
Giorgia Sommacal, 22, and Muriel Oddenino, 31, were found inside the “shark cave” today by an expert team of Finnish divers before being brought back to land.

One of the recovered bodies of two Italian divers found today being transferred to an ambulanceCredit: EPA

Giorgia Sommacal has been found todayCredit: UGC/UNPIXS

University researcher Muriel Oddenino was among the final body to be brought back to landCredit: UGC/UNPIXS

A diver swimming through the darkness in search of the victim’s bodiesCredit: youtube/Neva Divers
Both bodies of the divers were lifted onto a support boat one at a time after being carried up to the surface by recovery teams.
It comes after Monica Montefalcone – the mum of Giorgia – and university researcher Federico Gualtieri were recovered on Tuesday.
Boat captain and seasoned diving instructor Gianluca Benedetti was the first body found last week by rescue teams.
The Piazzale Clodio prosecutors will order autopsies on all the bodies as soon as they return to Malé, Italy.
The elite divers racing against time to save bodies from sharks in Maldives caves

Police officers stand next to an ambulance carrying the body of one of the five Italian scuba divers who died in an accident in underwater cavesCredit: Reuters

The expedition team may have been sucked into the complex cave where they ran out of oxygen trying to escape, a new theory suggests.
A very strong current caused by the cave’s narrow pathway may have created a “Venturi effect” where the water speeds up to maintain a constant flow, causing a pressure drop and creating a vacuum.
Alfonso Bolognini, president of the Italian Society of Underwater and Hyperbaric Medicine, told Italian outlet Adnkronos: “Two things could have happened after the suction.
“Either everyone was sucked in, or one was sucked in and the others attempted a rescue.”
All five bodies have been the subject of intense searches almost 200ft below the surface by an elite task force of divers.
Sami Paakkarinen, Jenni Westerlund, and Patrik Grönqvist, have worked on some of the world’s most difficult underwater recovery missions.
Each attempt to dive and retrieve the bodies lasts around three hours – and it is immediately aborted if any obstacles are encountered.
Search efforts had been hampered by bad weather over the weekend meaning the divers couldn’t risk looking for the missing team.

Monica Montefalcone – the mum of daughter Giorgia – was recovered on TuesdayCredit: AP

Marine biologist Federico Gualtieri was found alongside Monica yesterdayCredit: UGC/UNPIXS
One of the only attempts on Saturday saw a member of the Maldivian military rescue diver Mohamed Mahudhee die from decompression illness.
He bravely went down to search for the victims but as he rose back to the surface he became gravely ill and later passed away.
The total death toll of the initial tragic dive and the subsequent recovery operation now stands at six.
All of the victims were highly experienced with officials still trying to piece together their deadly dive.

Diving instructor and boat captain Gianluca Benedetti was the first body to have been recoveredCredit: UGC/UNPIXS

Maldivian diver Mohamed Mahudhee tragically died during the search missionCredit: MALDIVES GOV/UNPIXS
Monica’s husband and Giorgia’s father, Carlo Sommacal hailed his wife as being “among the best divers on the face of the earth“.
He told Repubblica Monica “would never have put our daughter’s life at risk”.
He said: “If there really was a yellow alert, they would have dived first and something must have happened down there.
“Maybe one of them ran into trouble, maybe the oxygen tanks, I have no idea. But I’m ready to swear anything about Monica’s behavior.”
It comes as the Rome Prosecutor’s Office has launched a manslaughter probe into the divers’ deaths.
The Duke of York yacht, from which the group launched the expedition, also didn’t have a permit allowing dives of more than 100ft.
The Italian tour operator that managed the diving trip denied authorising or knowing the expedition exceeded local limits, its lawyer told Corriere della Sera.
A former military diver claimed that “rules were broken” in the high-risk cave – questioning why the group were allowed on the mission in the first place
‘Housebound’ benefit cheat who fleeced £25k caught running 10k & working out
Shafraz Naeem, a Maldivian diving veteran who has explored the Devana Kandu cave system over 30 times, said the entrance to the cave is about 55 metres deep.
“It is incredibly dangerous to conduct dives at these depths on compressed air,” Naeem told
News
“EDOARDO MAPELLI MOZZI BREAKS HIS SOCIAL MEDIA SILENCE — AND ROYAL FANS CAN’T STOP TALKING ABOUT IT!”
Princess Beatrice’s Husband Edoardo Breaks Social Media Silence After Arsenal Triumph — And Royal Fans Are Loving It 6 Royal fans were left delighted after Princess Beatrice’s husband, Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi, suddenly broke a lengthy social media silence to celebrate…
“PRINCESS EUGENIE AND JACK BROOKSBANK SPOTTED IN RARE PRIVATE OUTING — AND ROYAL WATCHERS THINK IT SPEAKS VOLUMES!”
Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank take 20-minute drive from Kensington Palace to Mayfair club The pregnant royal is expecting her third child this summer Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank stepped out for an evening at the exclusive Mayfair venue Oswald’s…
King Charles Melts Hearts With Sweet Gesture For Princess Charlotte During Northern Ireland Visit
King Charles Melts Hearts With Sweet Gesture For Princess Charlotte During Northern Ireland Visit 4 King Charles has unexpectedly captured hearts across the internet after a touching moment involving Princess Charlotte during his latest royal visit to Northern Ireland quickly…
“KING CHARLES’S SECRET NICKNAME FOR MEGHAN FINALLY REVEALED – HIDDEN MESSAGE LEFR ROYAL WATCHERS SPEECHLESS!”
King Charles’ Unusual Nickname For Meghan Markle Revealed — And Royal Watchers Are Reassessing Their Early Relationship 4 Long before Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s relationship with the Royal Family collapsed into years of public tension, King Charles reportedly had…
“THE KING IS FINALLY DONE WITH HARRY AND MEGHAN!” King Charles has spent years remaining publicly silent while the Sussexes continued cashing in on their royal titles and repeatedly ignoring the promises they once made to the late Queen — but insiders now believe that patience has officially run out
Royal watchers are in full meltdown after reports claimed King Charles may have delivered his clearest symbolic message yet regarding Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s future relationship with the monarchy. According to circulating royal speculation, the King reportedly removed a…
“THE ROYAL FAMILY NEEDS MEGHAN BACK — OR SO SHE BELIEVES!” A sh-ocking new storm surrounding Meghan Markle has reportedly left royal experts absolutely stunned
Meghan Markle’s Alleged “Royal Rescue Plan” Sparks Explosive Palace Speculation Ahead Of UK Return 8 Fresh royal chaos is erupting after explosive new claims suggested Meghan Markle believes the monarchy may eventually need her return far more than many palace…
End of content
No more pages to load