Juliette had been a student at Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar School in Faversham for seven years and was described by headteacher Amelia McIlroy as “incredibly kind, thoughtful and intelligent.”

Juliette, 18, died on Saturday surrounded by her family (
Image: Family handout)
The heartbroken family of one of two teens who have died after contracting meningitis have released the first image of her.
Juliette, a Year 13 pupil who died from meningitis during the ongoing Kent outbreak, was remembered as ‘a true friend’ in tributes.
Speaking to the BBC, Juliette’s dad said that the family are “beyond devastated and they have no words to express their loss.” They also requested her surname not be publicised.
Juliette’s heartbroken grandmother Linda Kenny also told the Daily Mail: “I just can’t bring myself to say anything otherwise I will cry. We are all on antibiotics because we were with Juliette in hospital when she passed away.”
Juliette had been a student at Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar School in Faversham for seven years and was described by headteacher Amelia McIlroy as “incredibly kind, thoughtful and intelligent.”
She confirmed her death “with great sadness”, saying she was “a much loved and treasured member of our school community”.
She said: “Juliette was a student at our school for seven years. She was incredibly kind, thoughtful and intelligent, and she loved our school. Juliette embraced everything that school had to offer with great enthusiasm and joy, and her humour and her positivity were captivating.
“She was a genuinely caring and attentive listener, a true friend who listened with warmth, respect and sincere interest to her peers and to our staff. In short, she was a lovely girl, her beautiful smile, her loving nature and her sense of fun will be hugely missed. We are all completely devastated. Our love and our thoughts are with her family and friends at this terribly sad time.”
McIlroy said the focus now was on the safety and wellbeing of the rest of the school community. “We are continuing to work closely with UKHSA to ensure that they are all as well as they can be,” she said.
It is believed that around 2000 people visited Club Chemistry during the period of the outbreak.
Owner of Club Chemistry, Louise Jones-Roberts, said she had been told earlier that one confirmed case of meningitis had been linked to the club last weekend, but the dates had now been confirmed as being linked to the weekend of March 5-7.
She said: “I’ve been told they started showing symptoms on March 10. I wouldn’t have opened this weekend if I’d known, but I didn’t know. I’m worried about another potential outbreak from this weekend.”
This comes as a third school, Simon Langton Grammar School for Boys, confirmed one of its Year 13 pupils has been admitted to hospital with meningitis.
“Our thoughts are with him and his family during this difficult time, and we hope for a speedy recovery,” the headmaster wrote to parents. He added that while the situation is “worrying”, the school would remain open as the overall risk is considered low.

Simon Langton Grammar School for Boys (
Image:
Google Maps)
Simon Langton Grammar joins Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar School and Norton Knatchbull School in Ashford in reporting cases. At the University of Kent, students were informed on Sunday of a confirmed death from meningitis, and hundreds have queued for antibiotics amid the outbreak.
The UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) said 13 cases with signs and symptoms of meningitis were identified in the Canterbury area from Friday to Sunday. A spokeswoman said: “We have worked with the University of Kent to provide advice letters to all 16,000 students, outlining recent cases, symptoms to watch for, how to obtain antibiotics, and what to do if they feel unwell.”
Trish Mannes, UKHSA regional deputy director for the South East, warned: “Meningococcal disease can progress rapidly. Signs and symptoms can include fever, headache, rapid breathing, drowsiness, shivering, vomiting and cold hands and feet. Septicaemia may also cause a rash that does not fade when pressed.
“Students are particularly at risk of missing early warning signs, as symptoms can be mistaken for a cold, flu or hangover.”
An update from Norton Knatchbull School confirmed a Year 13 pupil there had been admitted to hospital with a confirmed case of meningitis. The school reassured parents that no additional measures were required beyond remaining vigilant for symptoms.
At the University of Kent, officials are liaising closely with UKHSA, contacting known contacts of cases and postponing in-person assessments and exams while providing alternative arrangements for students.
News
IT WAS ALL OVER THE PROPERTY MONEY… — COUSIN ACCUSED OF K!LLING Prince McFarland IN SH0CKING FAMILY TRAG-EDY THAT LEFT QUEENS STUNNED
A shocking family tragedy in South Jamaica, Queens, New York has left a community stunned after a heated dispute over family property reportedly ended with two cousins dead inside a home that had been put up for sale. The incident,…
You just never know when it’s time to go…. — FAMOUS RAPPER REPORTEDLY K!LLED BY FAMILY MEMBER OVER $600K QUEENS HOME, FANS LEFT STUNNED
A family property dispute in Queens, New York ended in shocking tragedy after rapper Prince McFarland was k!lled in a shooting connected to a home worth more than $600,000. According to information shared in a video summarizing the case, Prince…
HE DELETED THE FOOTAGE… — CHI-LLING NEW DETAIL IN THE Kayla Atwood CASE LEAVES MANY PEOPLE STUNNED
The disappearance of 32-year-old Kayla Atwood in Pensacola, Florida shocked the public after a series of disturbing details gradually emerged throughout the investigation. According to authorities, Kayla was last seen on January 3, 2024 after dropping her children off at…
VERY DANGER0US – POLICE CONFIRM 3 PEOPLE WANTED AFTER MAN SH0T 15 TIMES IN KENTUCKY, ONE DETAIL LEAVES EVERYONE STUNNED…
“They should be considered armed and dangerous,” the Newport Police Department said in a statement Tiance Combs, Kortney Alford and Terry Moses.Credit : Newport Police Department Police in Kentucky are searching for two men and a woman wanted in connection…
MAN SH0T 15 TIMES — MAN GUNNED DOWN IN BRU-TAL ATT-ACK AS THREE SUSPECTS REMAIN WANTED, COMMUNITY LEFT IN SH0CK
“They should be considered armed and dangerous,” the Newport Police Department said in a statement Tiance Combs, Kortney Alford and Terry Moses.Credit : Newport Police Department Police in Kentucky are searching for two men and a woman wanted in connection…
SHOCK ALLEGATION EMERGES — Prosecutors CLAIM Kouri Richins TARGETED LEAD DETECTIVE AFTER ARREST
The posting of the ‘gay dating profile’ is just one of the ‘new to the record’ incidents prosecutors’ included in their sentencing memo Kouri Richins.Credit : Trent Nelson – Pool/Getty Prosecutors are sharing details about a number of actions that they…
End of content
No more pages to load