Two teenage boys have tragically died after a bus and motorised bike collided.
Emergency services rushed to the Liverpool Parramatta Transitway at Bossley Park, in Sydney’s west, following reports of a crash about 7.15pm on Monday.
The 15-year-old rider and his 14-year-old passenger died at the scene.
The driver of the bus, who wasn’t injured, was taken to hospital for mandatory testing. No bus passengers were injured in the collision.
Harrowing footage showed bystanders who appeared to be family members becoming emotional and hugging as emergency crews attended to the boys.
‘Officers attached to Fairfield City Police Area Command established a crime scene and an investigation has commenced with the assistance of specialist police from the Crash Investigation Unit,’ NSW Police said in a statement.
NSW Police said the crash was between a motorbike and bus, however pictures appear to show an e-bike wedged under the vehicle.
‘This is what happens when the NSW state government ignores repeated requests for action on e-bikes on the T-Way,’ Fairfield City Mayor Frank Carbone said.

The boys, travelling on the e-bike, both died at the scene of the crash

Two women who appeared to be family members of one of the young boys were seen embracing as emergency crews attended to the tragic accident

Two teenage boys died in a collision between an e-bike and bus on Monday night
The mayor said he had written to Premier Chris Minns weeks ago requesting the section of road be policed more as he was worried someone would be injured.
‘My thoughts and prayers are with those who were hurt, and I sincerely hope they are okay,’ he said on Monday, later adding his sympathies to the boys’ loved ones.
‘Chris Minns, enough of the media releases. It is time for action.
‘Do your job, direct police to act, and respond to the repeated calls our community has been making before someone is seriously injured or worse.’
He pointed to a recent police crackdown on e-bikes in Sutherland Shire and said his community deserved the same resources.
The NSW Premier introduced a new minimum age limit for e-bike riders last month.
Under NSW’s current laws which are to be modified, a child of any age is allowed to ride an e-bike and carry passengers.
All legal e-bikes in NSW must have motors that cut out once they exceed 25km/h, otherwise they are classified as a motorbike and require a licence.

Bystanders and some who appeared to be family members were distraught

NSW Police reported the incident was between a motorbike and bus, but pictures from the scene showed the teenagers were on an e-bike

Emergency services were called to the scene about 7.15pm on Monday
Queensland e-bikes must also not exceed 25km/h and the state this month announced it is also considering adding an under-16 ban for riders.
Victoria similarly imposes a maximum e-bike speed of 25km/h but has no age limit on who can ride them.
Western Australia and the Northern Territory are the only state and territory to currently impose an age restriction on e-bikes with riders required to be 16-years-old or older.
Anyone with information about the crash, dashcam footage or CCTV, is urged to contact Crime Stoppers.
Two teenage boys have tragically died after a bus and motorised bike collided.
Emergency services rushed to the Liverpool Parramatta Transitway at Bossley Park, in Sydney’s west, following reports of a crash about 7.15pm on Monday.
The 15-year-old rider and his 14-year-old passenger died at the scene.
The driver of the bus, who wasn’t injured, was taken to hospital for mandatory testing. No bus passengers were injured in the collision.
Harrowing footage showed bystanders who appeared to be family members becoming emotional and hugging as emergency crews attended to the boys.
‘Officers attached to Fairfield City Police Area Command established a crime scene and an investigation has commenced with the assistance of specialist police from the Crash Investigation Unit,’ NSW Police said in a statement.
NSW Police said the crash was between a motorbike and bus, however pictures appear to show an e-bike wedged under the vehicle.
‘This is what happens when the NSW state government ignores repeated requests for action on e-bikes on the T-Way,’ Fairfield City Mayor Frank Carbone said.
Two teenage boys died in a collision between an e-bike and bus on Monday night
The mayor said he had written to Premier Chris Minns weeks ago requesting the section of road be policed more as he was worried someone would be injured.
‘My thoughts and prayers are with those who were hurt, and I sincerely hope they are okay,’ he said on Monday, later adding his sympathies to the boys’ loved ones.
‘Chris Minns, enough of the media releases. It is time for action.
‘Do your job, direct police to act, and respond to the repeated calls our community has been making before someone is seriously injured or worse.’
He pointed to a recent police crackdown on e-bikes in Sutherland Shire and said his community deserved the same resources.
The NSW Premier introduced a new minimum age limit for e-bike riders last month.
Under NSW’s current laws which are to be modified, a child of any age is allowed to ride an e-bike and carry passengers.
All legal e-bikes in NSW must have motors that cut out once they exceed 25km/h, otherwise they are classified as a motorbike and require a licence.
News
BREAKING: “SHE PASSED AWAY DOING WHAT SHE LOVED” HEARTBROKEN TRIBUTE TO YOUNG SOLDIER K!LLED AFTER FALL AT ROYAL WINDSOR HORSE SHOW LEFT THE NATION IN TEARS
Soldier who died at Royal Windsor Horse Show attended by King was ‘doing what she loved’, says her heartbroken mum A SOLDIER who died at the Royal Windsor Horse Show was “doing what she loved”, her heartbroken mother has said….
LATEST UPDATE: HAU-NTING POST BY CAMPBELLTOWN MOM RESURFACES AFTER TRAGIC FAMILY H0RROR — Di-sturbing NEW DETAILS LEAVE AUSTRALIA IN SH0CK
Woman, 46, who was allegedly murdered in a suburban Campbelltown house alongside two young boys aged 12 and four had hauntingly posted about taking life for granted – as accused killer is arrested A female IT worker found dead in…
“THEY COULDN’T EVEN HOLD BACK THE TEARS…”
Caitríona Balfe and Sam Heughan in “Outlander.” (Starz) Over a decade after landing the leading heroine role in the beloved time-travel series “Outlander,” Caitriona Balfe remembers that the first time she was set to meet Sam Heughan, who would become her on-screen…
“EVERYONE’S BEEN WRONG FOR 7 YEARS…”
The finale of Outlander Season 8 left fans reeling in ways no one could have predicted. In the final moments, Claire’s hair had turned completely white—solving a mystery that has been haunting viewers since Season 4. The explosive conclusion centered on the…
“AFTER FIVE YEARS… THE MASTERPIECE IS FINALLY COMING BACK.”
Netflix users, this is not a drill! The highly-acclaimed French comedy-drama, Call My Agent!, is returning to screens five years after its final episode. The series, which first premiered in 2015, is returning to the platform as a feature film this autumn,…
“DID CLAIRE RISK EVERYTHING TO SAVE JAMIE? — OUTLANDER’S FINAL PROPHECY IS TURNING THE ENTIRE FANDOM UPSIDE DOWN.”
Outlander‘s series finale has left more than a few viewers stumped over the outcome of Claire (Caitriona Balfe) and Jamie’s (Sam Heughan) fate, as the final moments left their ending ambiguous enough to foster various theories. Warning: Spoilers for the Outlander series finale ahead!…
End of content
No more pages to load