Prince Harry’s hopes of summer King Charles reunion shot down in 5-word verdict
The comment comes amid speculation that Prince Harry ‘would love’ to spend more time with his father this summer.

A royal insider has commented with scepticism on Prince Harry’s possible reunion with King Charles. The comment comes amid speculations that Harry and his family might visit his father this summer. It comes as a source close to Harry was quoted in the Sunday Times, saying: “If the King was to say, ‘Come up and spend some time with the family’, he’d love that.” According to associates, Harry would welcome an invitation to join the King at Sandringham this summer, potentially bringing Meghan and their two children with him during his planned visit to the UK in July for Invictus Games-related engagements.
This reflects the Duke of Sussex’s hope for reconciliation with his father. However, sources close to the King remain cautious, pointing out a long-standing pattern of media briefings and public disclosures linked to Harry’s camp as a major obstacle to rebuilding trust.

One royal source suggested that if Harry genuinely wants to repair relations, efforts should be made to keep discussions private rather than playing out in public.
A friend of the King told the Daily Mail that “low trust and bitter experience” are still the main barriers to any substantial improvement.
The source said: “If Harry truly wishes to see his father, he would do well to encourage his supporters to allow such matters to be discussed privately, since low trust and bitter experience in this regard remains one of the principal barriers to progress.”
The relationship has been strained by limited contact in recent years, with Harry reportedly seeing his father only twice in the past two years.
They last saw each other on September 10 last year, for a 50-minute meeting over tea at Clarence House while the prince was in the UK for engagements connected with his patronages. It was their first meeting in 19 months.
The latest news and gossip from the Royal Family plus selected offers and competitions Invalid email
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. Read our Privacy Policy
Tensions between the two camps escalated by a series of the prince’s public criticisms of the royal family, including high-profile interviews and Harry’s memoir Spare.
Another key issue complicating any potential reunion is security. Harry is still awaiting a decision from the Royal and VIP Executive Committee (RAVEC) regarding the level of police protection he and his family would receive while in the UK – an issue that remains key to his willingness to travel with his family.
News
“‘MEGHAN MARKLE THINKS SHE WAS MEANT TO BE QUEEN’” — ALLEGED LUXURY HOTEL DEMANDS SPARK FRESH ROYAL BACKLASH
The delusion emanating from Montecito has officially shattered the boundaries of reality. In what is being described as the most “thirsty,” arrogant, and downright bizarre public relations disaster of the decade, Meghan Markle’s alleged list of demands tied to a potential UK…
SOMETHING IN MONTECITO MAY BE TRYING VERY HARD TO STAY HIDDEN” — PRINCE HARRY’S SUDDEN RESPONSE ABOUT MEGHAN MARKLE SPARKS MAJOR SPECULATION
The carefully curated, multi-million-dollar facade surrounding the Duke and Duchess of Sussex has experienced another massive, structural fracture. In a highly defensive and explosive virtual briefing from his California mansion, Prince Harry has officially broken his silence regarding the relentless, everyday online criticism aimed…
“I WILL ALWAYS BE HRH, DUCHESS OF SUSSEX” — MEGHAN MARKLE’S ROYAL TITLE DRAMA SPARKS FRESH OUTRAGE
Meghan Markle has once again found herself at the center of public scrutiny, as critics argue that she continues to leverage her royal title for personal branding and commercial gain. Despite stepping back from her official duties as a working…
TOM BOWER ‘HIT THE SUSSEXES WHERE IT HURTS’ — HARRY AND MEGHAN ABANDON ‘CLEAN PR’ STRATEGY FOR ALL-OUT WAR
They’re done being quiet about it. On Saturday, March 14, 2026, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle released a statement so blistering it read less like routine damage control and more like a declaration of open war. Their target was veteran…
“TRAVELLED 6,000 MILES TO BE HUMILIATED” — MEGHAN MARKLE’S LATEST SWITZERLAND SPEECH SPARKS GLOBAL BACKLASH
Meghan just travelled 6,000 miles to be humiliated – I almost feel sorry for her Meghan Markle hoped for a global stage for her speech – not a smattering of baffled onlookers. Meghan speaks in Geneva (Image: Getty) When you fly…
BREAKING: PALACE MAKES UNEXPECTED MOVE AFTER MEGHAN MARKLE DELIVERS SH0CKING SPEECH IN SWITZERLAND
Senior royal set to head to Geneva just two days after Meghan Markle Meghan Markle spoke in Switzerland yesterday. Meghan Markle spoke at an event in Geneva yesterday (Image: Getty) The Duchess of Edinburgh is due to visit Geneva just two days…
End of content
No more pages to load