Prince Harry previously spoke of feeling “gutted” over losing his appeal to reinstate police protection in the UK.

Prince Harry’s most-recent battle with the Home Office over police protection in the UK cost British taxpayers an eye-watering £100,000, according to new figures revealed today. It emerged last month that Harry had lost his appeal to reinstate security when visiting his home country.
Speaking to the BBC on May 2, the Duke of Sussex said that he wished “someone had told me beforehand” there was “no way to win”. Today, the Daily Mail has reported that the Home Office has put its legal costs in the case at £656,324, which includes £554,000 for the original case a year ago, which the High Court ruled the royal had “comprehensively lost”.
Since the original decision was made, Harry, 40, appealed, which then cost an additional £102,000.
The publication also revealed that, as the losing party, Harry will be ordered to reimburse taxpayers all or most of the costs.
After he lost the original case last year, a judge said Harry should repay 90 percent of the public’s costs.
Harry attended a two-day hearing in the UK in April. During his appearance, Harry’s barrister argued that removing his automatic right to police protection when he was in the UK had put his life “at stake”.
Harry told the BBC last month that he “pretty gutted” but the decision, adding: ‘It’s certainly proven that there is no way to win this through the courts – wish someone had told me that beforehand. But yeah, the decision has been a surprise as well as not a surprise.”
Speaking of his children, Archie, 6, and Lilibet, 4, Harry added: “I think it’s really quite sad that I won’t be able to show my children my homeland.”
As well as revealing his upset over the ongoing feud with the royals, Harry also raged that “the other side” in the court case had “won in keeping me unsafe”.
News
“VIEWERS SAY THEY WERE COMPLETELY HOOKED BEFORE THE FIRST EPISODE EVEN ENDED…”
Executive produced by The Duffer Brothers (Stranger Things, Wayward Pines), the sci-fi show is set in a seemingly perfect retirement community and centres around Sam (Alfred Molina), a grieving newcomer. © COURTESY OF NETFLIX Denis O’Hare as Wally, Alfre Woodard as Judy,…
“VIEWERS SAY NO WAR FILM HAS EVER HIT THEM THIS HARD AGAIN…”
Originally released in 1998 and directed by Steven Spielberg (Jaws, Schindler’s List, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial), Saving Private Ryan is set in 1944 during the Second World War. © Alamy Stock Photo Saving Private Ryan premiered in 1998 Set in Normandy, France, the film follows…
“VIEWERS SAY THEY FINISHED THIS DOCUMENTARY… AND JUST SAT THERE IN SILENCE.”
Told over an hour and a half, the documentary retells the events that led up to a fatal collision that took the lives of two young passengers in Ohio in 2022. © COURTESY OF NETFLIX Dom and Mackenzie in The…
“I STARTED ONE EPISODE… AND SUDDENLY IT WAS 3AM.”
We all love a twisty spy thriller, and there’s nothing like screaming at the TV as you figure out the plot before our heroes, or slump back after getting everything so wrong (I may be very guilty of the latter)….
“VIEWERS SAY THIS FILM DOESN’T JUST MESS WITH YOUR MIND… IT STAYS THERE.”
Stephen Graham’s “unpredictable” dark British thriller is now available to watch at home — and critics are calling it a must-watch psychological shock Stephen Graham’s new dark British thriller The Good Boy is now available to rent or buy at home, and…
Prince William’s Heartbreaking Regret About Princess Diana Still Moves The World Nearly 30 Years Later
4 Nearly three decades after the death of Diana, Princess of Wales, one deeply personal regret shared by Prince William continues haunting royal fans around the world. During past reflections about his mother’s final days, William revealed the one thing…
End of content
No more pages to load