Disgraced former British television star John Alford was found dead in a prison on Friday — just two months after he was locked up for sex crimes involving two teenage girls.
Alford, the one-time heartthrob from the hit UK dramas “Grange Hill” and “London’s Burning,” died at 54 years old while serving an eight-and-a-half-year sentence, according to reports
Alford, whose real name was John Shannon, was discovered unresponsive in his cell at His Majesty’s Prison Bure near Norwich, a Category C prison — a medium-security facility for inmates deemed unlikely to escape.
“John Shannon died in prison on 13 March 2026,” a prison spokesperson said in a statement, according to The Mirror. “As with all deaths in custody, the Prisons and Probation Ombudsman will investigate.”

British actor John Alford has been found dead in prison after sexually assaulting two teenage girls.PA Images via Getty Images
Prison staffers tried to wake Alford up from his sleep before realizing that the actor was dead.
“He didn’t wake up in the morning. He was in his bed and they thought he was just asleep,” a source told The Sun. “When they tried to wake him there was no response and they realized he was dead.”
In January, Alford was sentenced to eight years and six months following his conviction for shocking sexual offenses involving two teenage girls, aged just 14 and 15, at St Albans Crown Court.
Prosecutors said the encounters happened after the girls had been drinking during a night out in April 2022 before ending up at a house in Hertfordshire where Alford was staying with a friend.

Alford outside St Albans Crown Court in August 2025.PA Images via Getty Images

The actor got his big break in the 1980s on BBC teen drama “Grange Hill.”Getty Images
Jurors later heard disturbing details during the trial. Alford had sex with the 14-year-old girl and sexually assaulted the 15-year-old while she was half asleep.
Chris White, from the Crown Prosecution Service, said Alford knew exactly how old the girls were but still chose to prey on them — a sick move that ultimately landed him behind bars.
Despite the guilty verdict, Alford had insisted the jury got it “wrong”.
But Alford would end up serving only a fraction of that sentence before his life inside came to a sudden end.

Alford spent his life in and out of trouble with the law.Getty Images
The troubled star first shot to fame in the 1980s as rebel Robbie Wright on the BBC teen drama “Grange Hill” when he was just 13. He later found new fame in the 1990s playing firefighter Billy Ray on “London’s Burning”.
But the promising career quickly spiraled.
In 1999, he was sensationally axed from London’s Burning after being convicted of supplying cocaine and cannabis in a scandal that saw him jailed for nine months, though he served only six weeks.
Though he attempted a comeback in the early 2000s, the controversies kept piling up.
In 2018, he was charged with resisting a police officer, and his final conviction over the teenage girls sealed his downfall — ending a once-bright TV career in disgrace.
News
“THE NOTES MAY HOLD THE DARKEST ANSWERS”: Ch1lling Writings Found After San Diego Mosque Sh00ting Leave Community H0rrified
5 dead, including teen gunmen, at San Diego Islamic Center; hate motive probed Police interview a woman near the Islamic Center of San Diego after multiple people were killed, including an armed security guard. (Sandy Huffaker / For The…
“PEOPLE SAY THEY STILL CAN’T BELIEVE IT… HE WAS JUST A KID WITH DREAMS.” What started as another ordinary evening for a local community has now turned into unimaginable heartbreak after a devastating shooting at a mosque reportedly left three people d3ad and several others injured…
Two teenage suspects in a San Diego mosque shooting were found dead inside a vehicle containing a gas can with Nazi imagery and weapons inscribed with hate speech, sources have said. A law enforcement source told the NY Post that…
“NEIGHBOURS SAY THEY NEVER SAW THIS COMING…” — A frightening emergency near a San Diego mosque has left an entire community shaken, and one detail about the suspect’s past is what has everyone talking
The alleged gunmen in a shooting rampage that left three people dead outside a San Diego mosque have been identified as 17-year-old Cain Clark and 18-year-old Caleb Velasquez, according to a law enforcement source. At least one of the suspects took a…
“‘I’VE BEEN TO THE MALDIVES DEATH CAVES COUNTLESS TIMES… BUT NEVER INTO THE THIRD CHAMBER WHERE THE TOURISTS DIED’” 😨
A local expert who has dived in caves in the Maldives ‘countless times’ has described the terrifying final moments a group of five divers may have endured – and dubbed the tragedy an accident waiting to happen. Alarm bells were raised on…
“PUNCH STARTED BACKING AWAY… AND THAT’S WHEN EVERYONE REALIZED SOMETHING WAS VERY WRONG”
Outrage in Japan as Two American Tourists Are Arrested After Allegedly Storming Viral Baby Monkey Punch’s Enclosure — And Social Media Fame May Have Gone Too Far What began as another day of curious visitors at a beloved Japanese zoo…
“I CAN STILL HEAR THEM UNDERWATER”: Sole Survivor Of Deadly Maldives Dive Horror Breaks Silence As Ch1lling New Details Surface
7 The lone survivor of the catastrophic scuba diving tragedy in the Maldives is now reportedly speaking out for the first time — sharing a heartbreaking account of the terrifying moments before five tourists vanished beneath the waters near Vaavu…
End of content
No more pages to load