Andrew gives up £13k lease on royal property just hours after visit from Palace official
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor moved into his temporary Norfolk home last month.

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has requested to end the lease (Image: GETTY)
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has asked to give up the lease on another Crown Estate property just hours after a visit from a Palace official, it has been reported. The 66-year-old is said to have asked to end his lease on East Lodge, which is located near his former home at Sunninghill Park in Berkshire.
Richard Benyon, the most senior member of the household, spent around two hours visiting Andrew at Wood Farm on Monday afternoon, where Andrew has been holed up since his arrest last month. It has been reported, by the BBC, that the disgraced royal was paying £13,000-a-year in annual rent. The news comes just weeks after his eviction from his 30-room Windsor mansion, Royal Lodge.
Amid his eviction at the start of February, Andrew then moved into a temporary property on the Sandringham estate in Norfolk.
East Lodge, which is a Grade II-listed cottage located about five miles from Windsor, is believed to have been used for staff accommodation.
The property is said to have remained as a separate arrangement between the former Duke of York and the Crown Estate after the controversial sale of Sunninghill Park in 2007.
Lease documents have shown that Andrew took on the tenancy of East Lodge in February 1998. He is said to have paid an initial £3,500 annual rent to the Crown Estate.
The tenancy was renewed in 2020, with the rent then rising to £8,047-per-year.

Andrew previously lived in Royal Lodge between 2004 and February 2026 (Image: GETTY)
Last summer, the charges were reviewed again and a document from late August 2025 shows the rent had risen to £12,922.
Prior to his eviction from Royal Lodge, Andrew lost his royal title and honours last year over his connection to the late sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.
Andrew has always denied any wrongdoing.
News
“HE ASKED FOR A DOCTOR… THEN EVERYTHING CHANGED.”
NASCAR driver Kyle Busch was battling a “severe illness” before he died at the age of 41. Weeks before Busch’s family announced on Thursday, May 21, that he had died suddenly, NASCAR fans heard from him firsthand about his medical…
“VIEWERS SAY THEY WERE COMPLETELY HOOKED BEFORE THE FIRST EPISODE EVEN ENDED…”
Executive produced by The Duffer Brothers (Stranger Things, Wayward Pines), the sci-fi show is set in a seemingly perfect retirement community and centres around Sam (Alfred Molina), a grieving newcomer. © COURTESY OF NETFLIX Denis O’Hare as Wally, Alfre Woodard as Judy,…
“VIEWERS SAY NO WAR FILM HAS EVER HIT THEM THIS HARD AGAIN…”
Originally released in 1998 and directed by Steven Spielberg (Jaws, Schindler’s List, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial), Saving Private Ryan is set in 1944 during the Second World War. © Alamy Stock Photo Saving Private Ryan premiered in 1998 Set in Normandy, France, the film follows…
“VIEWERS SAY THEY FINISHED THIS DOCUMENTARY… AND JUST SAT THERE IN SILENCE.”
Told over an hour and a half, the documentary retells the events that led up to a fatal collision that took the lives of two young passengers in Ohio in 2022. © COURTESY OF NETFLIX Dom and Mackenzie in The…
“I STARTED ONE EPISODE… AND SUDDENLY IT WAS 3AM.”
We all love a twisty spy thriller, and there’s nothing like screaming at the TV as you figure out the plot before our heroes, or slump back after getting everything so wrong (I may be very guilty of the latter)….
“VIEWERS SAY THIS FILM DOESN’T JUST MESS WITH YOUR MIND… IT STAYS THERE.”
Stephen Graham’s “unpredictable” dark British thriller is now available to watch at home — and critics are calling it a must-watch psychological shock Stephen Graham’s new dark British thriller The Good Boy is now available to rent or buy at home, and…
End of content
No more pages to load