Many senior royals were in attendance
Prince George surprised royal fans when he attended the Festival of Remembrance on Saturday (November 8). However, he was nowhere to be seen during the following day’s Remembrance Sunday service in Whitehall, London.
Now, the apparent reason behind the 12-year-old royal’s absence may have been explained.
George was at the Festival of Remembrance on Saturday (Credit: BBC)
Remembrance Sunday service
Sunday saw the royals out as they attended the annual Remembrance Sunday service in central London.
King Charles led the tributes, with Queen Camilla, Prince William, Princess Kate, Prince Edward, Sophie, Duchess of Edinburgh, and Edward, Duke of Kent, also present.
Around 10,000 military veterans took part in a march near the Cenotaph, with 20 WWII veterans also in attendance.
The PM, Keir Starmer, was also present, as were former prime ministers, including Boris Johnson, Rishi Sunak, and Tony Blair.
However, despite attending Saturday’s Remembrance festival, Prince George wasn’t at Sunday’s service.
George wasn’t at the Sunday Remembrance service (Credit: CoverImages.com)
Why Prince George didn’t attend Remembrance Sunday event
According to Town and Country magazine, the reason Prince George wasn’t at the service was for a simple reason – he’s not old enough.
As the outlet points out, George’s father, Prince William, didn’t make his first appearance at the Remembrance Sunday service until he was much older, 22 years old in fact.
This was in 2004; however, it wasn’t until 2007 that the now-Prince of Wales laid a wreath at the Cenotaph for the first time. Prince Harry had to wait until 2009, when he was 25, to lay his first wreath at the Cenotaph.
With George being just 12 years old, it could be another 10 years before we see him at the annual service at Whitehall, if his father’s involvement is anything to go by.
Royal Insider has contacted Kensington Palace for comment.
George’s appearance at the event went down well with fans (Credit: BBC)
Royal fans thrilled to see George at Festival of Remembrance
It’s safe to say that fans of the royals were overjoyed that George joined his family for the annual Festival of Remembrance on Saturday.
Many took to social media to gush over the young royal’s involvement.
“Awwww we have another first tonight at Albert Hall, HRH the Princess of Wales is accompanied by her son, HRH Prince George. Such a wonderful first mother and son engagement. They both look sharp and happy,” one fan tweeted.
“Catherine has heels on. George must be as tall as her. He does look so grown up,” another said.
“The fact I remember Prince William being born, and now seeing his son looking so grow up, makes me feel soooo old,” a third gushed.
“Such a touching moment! Prince George has grown up so quickly, and it’s heartwarming to see him by his mother’s side at such a significant event,” someone else added.
Earlier this year, George attended a special tea party hosted by King Charles and Queen Camilla at Buckingham Palace, where they honoured World War II veterans and their families to mark VE Day.
George was snapped shaking hands with veterans and listening to their stories at the event.
News
A surprising detail from the past has emerged about — and it’s caught royal fans completely off guard
Princess Kate’s surprising link to Downton Abbey star revealed Though she’s now happily married to Prince William, the Princess of Wales once reportedly had a crush on an actor that many of us will have seen on screen… any years…
Prince William shared a heartfelt message about Kate on a special live radio broadcast — and it touched the hearts of listener
Prince William says family ‘couldn’t cope without’ Kate during cancer treatment on live radio appearance The Prince of Wales has joined Amanda Holden and Jamie Theakston on Heart FM from the Isles of Scilly for a special live broadcast rince…
Eyebrows are being raised over fresh comments. Mike Tindall has reportedly taken subtle swipes at Prince Andrew and Prince Harry — sparking speculation about underlying tensions
Mike Tindall takes swipes at Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and Prince Harry Mike Tindall revealed he had been warned against discussing the former Duke of York Mike Tindall has took swipes at Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and Prince Harry during an appearance at the…
An unexpected performance is stealing the spotlight. King Charles surprised locals by playing a ukulele as his visit to Northern Ireland came to an end.
King Charles shocks locals with ukulele solo as Northern Ireland trip concludes The monarch performed in front of a crowd on the final day of his three-day trip with Queen Camilla King Charles demonstrated his musical talents during the final…
A rare insight is shedding light on royal life. A close friend of Princess Kate has revealed how she’s coping amid what’s being described as “unprecedented turbulence” within the royal family
Princess Kate’s close friend reveals how she’s dealing with ‘unprecedented turbulence’ in royal family The Princess of Wales made a return to official visits abroad with her trip to Reggio Emilia in Italy last week – and it has a…
ROYAL CELEBRATION TAKES A TOLL: PRINCE WILLIAM ‘LOSES HIS VOICE’ AFTER ASTON VILLA TRIUMPH
Prince William ‘lost his voice’ following night celebrating Aston Villa triumph The Prince of Wales was spotted enjoying celebrations following Villa’s triumph last night… and he was paying the price for it this morning The Prince of Wales revealed today…
End of content
No more pages to load