Kerry Needham has said she doesn’t believe in the prevailing theory about her son’s disappearance, insisting instead that he was the victim of a twisted kidnapping plot

Ben Needham’s mum said she believes her son was kidnapped(Image: PA)
The mum of a toddler who mysteriously vanished in a Greek tourist paradise has revealed what she believes happened to her young son.
Ben Needham was last seen on July 24, 1991, playing outside a run down farmhouse owned by his grandparents on the Greek island of Kos. The 21-month-old, who would now be in his early 30s, was never found, sparking a wave of conspiracy theories, the most predominant of which holds he was accidentally crushed by a digger driver and his body buried.
His mum Kerry Needham has never subscribed to the theory, however, and has instead advanced one of her own, believing her son was kidnapped by a trafficking gang.

Kerry Needham said her family did not initially suspect Ben was kidnapped(Image: Daily Mirror)
Speaking to The Sun, she said she believes her son may have fallen victim to a traveller trafficking gang that sold him into an illegal adoption racket. Speaking from her home of two years in Antalya, Turkey, she said she had received an email from a woman last week who believes her boyfriend may be her long lost son.
She said there were a “lot of coincidences”, and added that “a lot of things don’t add up from his past”, but has not thrown her entire weight behind the claims due to “very little information” about the man in question.
She said she forwarded the information to South Yorkshire Police, which has taken point on the British end of investigations while Greek police work in Europe. Her new theory, of which she was convinced more after speaking to a man who claimed to have been trafficked from Greece to New York, is a far cry from what she and her family initially believed.

Family members initially believed Ben disappeared as locals became concerned for his wellbeing(Image: Daily Mirror)
She said the family had not “thought for one minute” at first that the young boy may have been abducted, instead believing that he had simply been cared for by the local Greek community.
She said: “We thought someone must have found him, he must have got further down that lane than my mum thought he could have done in that time. We thought someone’s found him, taken him in, got him a drink, don’t forget it’s 90 degrees. All these logical things – maybe they’ll hand him into a police station afterwards or at the hospital, maybe he was dehydrated.”
Police are now set to DNA test the boyfriend of the woman Ms Needham has been speaking with, cops from South Yorkshire have said, after they “received a report” from her.

A key theory holds that Ben disappeared when he was accidentally killed by a digger driver(Image: Daily Mirror)
South Yorkshire Police said in a statement today: “We recently received a report of a woman who believes her partner to be missing person Ben Needham. Enquiries are ongoing into the report. Ben’s family are aware of this report, and we will continue to keep them up to date with our enquiries.
The service said in a statement that it would “continue to support” Ben’s family, saying: “We will continue to support them in their endeavour to discover the truth of what happened on 24 July 1991.”
News
A rare insight is shedding light on royal life. A close friend of Princess Kate has revealed how she’s coping amid what’s being described as “unprecedented turbulence” within the royal family
Princess Kate’s close friend reveals how she’s dealing with ‘unprecedented turbulence’ in royal family The Princess of Wales made a return to official visits abroad with her trip to Reggio Emilia in Italy last week – and it has a…
ROYAL CELEBRATION TAKES A TOLL: PRINCE WILLIAM ‘LOSES HIS VOICE’ AFTER ASTON VILLA TRIUMPH
Prince William ‘lost his voice’ following night celebrating Aston Villa triumph The Prince of Wales was spotted enjoying celebrations following Villa’s triumph last night… and he was paying the price for it this morning The Prince of Wales revealed today…
“Vanished Without a Trace” – CCTV Footage of Devon Teen Sparks Chilling New Theory After 12 Days of Silence
Large-scale search continues to find missing teen Taylor Charlton was last seen on CCTV on 8 May in Barnstaple Detectives say a large-scale police investigation is continuing as part of efforts to find a missing Devon teenager. Devon and Cornwall…
Two minutes ago: King Charles and Queen Camilla planted a symbolic tree in Northern Ireland — Royal Garden Party takes meaningful turn
King Charles and Queen Camilla plant royal tree at Northern Ireland garden party The couple have enjoyed an action-packed two days in Northern Ireland The King and Queen attended a garden party at Hillsborough Castle this afternoon, on the second…
Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank were seen leaving Kensington Palace for a late-night outing at a private Mayfair club — and royal watchers are already buzzing
Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank take 20-minute drive from Kensington Palace to Mayfair club The pregnant royal is expecting her third child this summer Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank stepped out for an evening at the exclusive Mayfair venue Oswald’s…
ROYAL TIMING RAISES EYEBROWS: DUCHESS OF EDINBURGH SPOTTED IN GENEVA JUST DAYS AFTER MEGHAN’S EXIT A curious coincidence that’s getting people talking
Duchess of Edinburgh pictured in Geneva just days after Meghan Markle’s departure The Duchess of Sussex attended the inauguration of The Lost Screen Memorial on Sunday The Duchess of Edinburgh made an appearance at the World Health Assembly in Geneva…
End of content
No more pages to load