Emergency services are reportedly struggling to access the plane wreckage due to floodwaters.
Harrowing new footage has emerged after three men were killed in a light plane crash off Australia’s coast.
Three men have been killed in a horror light plane crash off the coast of Adelaide.
The aircraft plunged into the ocean at Long Bay, near Goolwa South, at about 4.20pm on Friday.
Police and emergency crews rushed to the scene, but all three men on-board died.
The pilot has been identified as a 57-year-old Morphett Vale man, with his two passengers an 18-year-old Freeling man and a 19-year-old from Pasadena.
Three men died in the crash. Picture: 9News,
The wreckage of the plane has been brought into shore.
Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) investigators are attending the scene on Saturday morning amid ongoing investigations into the crash.
A report will be prepared for the coroner.
On Saturday, ATSB acting Chief Commissioner Colin McNamara described the incident as a tragedy.
“This was a tragic day for three families, and the wider aviation community, and on behalf of the ATSB I express our deepest condolences to the families and friends who have lost loved ones,” Mr McNamara said in a statement.
He confirmed four ATSB investigators had been deployed to investigate the aircraft wreckage.
The aircraft plunged into Long Bay, off Goolwa South.. Picture: 9News
Mr McNamara urged bystanders with any footage of the incident to come forward, after harrowing footage of the crash emerged overnight on Friday, showing the light plane plunging towards the ocean.
“Crucially, we are aware there are a number of video recordings of the accident sequence, some of which have been shown in media,” he said.
“That footage captured the aircraft rolling to the left in a very steep nose down trajectory a couple of hundred metres offshore.
“Analysis of those video recordings will be instrumental to the investigation, and we do ask that anyone with video footage of the aircraft at any stage of its flight, and of the accident sequence, to make contact with the ATSB via the witness form on our website at their earliest opportunity.”
The ATSB expects a preliminary report into the incident to be delivered in about two months.
The pilot and his two teenage passengers have been identified. Picture 7NEWS
ATSB investigators will be at the scene on Saturday. Picture 7NEWS
The crash sparked a operation, with emergency services including water police, a helicopter, Sea Rescue and three Country Fire Service vehicles all at the scene.
“Police wish to thank other emergency services, including CFS, SES, Sea Rescue, and commercial operators for their efforts and assistance in the search and retrieval operations,” police said in a statement on Saturday morning.
It is understood the aircraft went down in front of several witnesses on the bay
News
Two minutes ago: King Charles and Queen Camilla planted a symbolic tree in Northern Ireland — Royal Garden Party takes meaningful turn
King Charles and Queen Camilla plant royal tree at Northern Ireland garden party The couple have enjoyed an action-packed two days in Northern Ireland The King and Queen attended a garden party at Hillsborough Castle this afternoon, on the second…
Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank were seen leaving Kensington Palace for a late-night outing at a private Mayfair club — and royal watchers are already buzzing
Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank take 20-minute drive from Kensington Palace to Mayfair club The pregnant royal is expecting her third child this summer Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank stepped out for an evening at the exclusive Mayfair venue Oswald’s…
ROYAL TIMING RAISES EYEBROWS: DUCHESS OF EDINBURGH SPOTTED IN GENEVA JUST DAYS AFTER MEGHAN’S EXIT A curious coincidence that’s getting people talking
Duchess of Edinburgh pictured in Geneva just days after Meghan Markle’s departure The Duchess of Sussex attended the inauguration of The Lost Screen Memorial on Sunday The Duchess of Edinburgh made an appearance at the World Health Assembly in Geneva…
UNDERWATER HORROR — Divers tragically d!3 in cave incident in the Maldives after being “sucked in” and unable to escape
UNDERWATER HORROR Maldives divers ‘were sucked into the cave & unable to swim out before running out of air’ – as final bodies recovered FIVE Italian divers who drowned in a tragic Maldives expedition may have been sucked into a…
Tributes are pouring in for Dr Nikhil Autar, a pioneering young doctor and former NSW Young Australian of the Year, who has d!3d at just 32
Tributes flow for pioneering doctor, former NSW Young Australian of the Year Dr Nikhil Autar following death at age 32 A “beloved” young doctor and former NSW Australian of the Year who overcame teenage leukaemia has died aged 32. A…
TRAGIC CRASH VERDICT — Man sentenced over f4tal collision that k!ll3d Ian Welldon in Toowoomba
Man sentenced for killing Ian Welldon in Toowoomba truck and motorcycle crash Ian Welldon was described by his family as funny, kind and hard-working. (Supplied: Welldon family) Allan John Eveleigh has been sentenced to three-and-a-half years in jail after pleading guilty…
End of content
No more pages to load