Savannah Guthrie is probably never returning to the “Today” show after her mother Nancy’s heartbreaking disappearance, according to a new report.

The “Today” anchor has not appeared on the NBC morning show since Feb. 1, when Nancy was reported missing. Multiple TV veterans told Status News that it’s doubtful she’ll ever return.
“There’s no way Savannah’s coming back,” one source told the outlet. “I can’t imagine she would even want to.”
However, Page Six is told there’s no way one can definitively say Savannah won’t be coming back at all, as she is currently focused on her mom and not her work.

Savannah Guthrie, pictured here on the “Today” show in August 2022, will very likely never return to the NBC morning show, multiple veteran TV executives told Status News.Nathan Congleton/NBC via Getty Images

Page Six is told, however, that there’s no way one can definitively say Savannah is not coming back at all, as she is currently focused on her mom and not her work.Nathan Congleton/NBC via Getty ImagesMeanwhile, another TV exec noted Savannah’s importance to the iconic morning show, telling the outlet, “If you could pick one person across the span of morning TV that a show would not want to lose, it would be Savannah.”
“Savannah was always the glue on that show, and without that, this whole paradigm of our morning anchor team as a family, that connective tissue has just been ripped out,” the source continued.
Savannah’s former co-anchor, Hoda Kotb, returned to the “Today” show to fill in during the Guthrie family tragedy.
Kotb exited NBC in January 2025 after 26 years with the network.
Page Six has learned Hoda will be back again next week. While there’s no plan to keep her for the foreseeable future, execs are going to take the situation week by week.

One veteran TV exec told Status News, “There’s no way Savannah’s coming back. I can’t imagine she would even want to.”Nathan Congleton/NBC via Getty Images

There has still been no suspect in Nancy’s suspected kidnapping.Savannah Guthrie/Instagram
Sources previously told Page Six that Savannah will remain off the “Today” show for the “foreseeable future” amid the desperate hunt for her mother.
“The entire show and network is rallying together in support of our beloved colleague and friend as we navigate this unimaginable time,” an NBC source told Page Six.
Savannah, 54, has been a co-anchor on “Today” since July 2012.
Want more celebrity and pop culture news?

Hoda Kotb has been filling in for Savannah as she deals with her family tragedy.FilmMagic
Page Six was told in October 2024 that she had well more than a year left on her $7 million a year deal, which means her contract is coming up for renewal.
“Everyone at ‘Today’ is taking this day by day, and of course giving Savannah the grace, time and support she needs,” one source told us.
There has still been no suspect named in Nancy’s disappearance, despite Savannah and her siblings Annie and Camron’s desperate pleas to bring their 84-year-old mother home.

Savannah and her siblings, Annie and Camron (pictured here), have made desperate pleas to bring their 84-year-old mother home.Savannah Guthrie/ Instagram

Savannah’s latest plea came on Sunday, when she told the suspected kidnapper that it was “never too late to do the right thing.”Instagram / Savannah Guthrie
Savannah’s friends expressed their concern for her with Page Six on Monday, following Savannah’s latest plea to Nancy’s suspected kidnapper that it was “never too late to do the right thing.”
“She looks devastated. She looks like she’s struggling,” one source told us. “She can’t be doing well.”
“Anyone who knows her is obviously so worried about her,” the source added.
News
“A Royal ‘Blessing’ from Above! King Charles Takes Bird Mishap in Stride During Northern Ireland Visit — And Honestly, We Love Him Even More for It”
“A Royal ‘Blessing’ from Above! King Charles Takes Bird Mishap in Stride During Northern Ireland Visit — And Honestly, We Love Him Even More for It” King Charles was pooed on during a royal engagement in Northern Ireland | GB NEWS…
Meghan Markle is once again in the headlines, with reports claiming she continues to seek publicity online despite recently speaking out against social media during an appearance in Geneva
Meghan Markle ‘seeks publicity’ online despite recent attack on social media in Geneva The Duchess of Sussex addressed a crowd in Switzerland on the perils of social media yesterday evening Meghan Markle “seeks publicity” online, a royal commentator has claimed,…
PRIVATE LIFE FIRST: Dara Huang OPENS UP ABOUT WHY Princess Beatrice’S STEPSON IS KEPT OUT OF THE SPOTLIGHT
Wolfie has been seen at Sandringham and the Princess of Wales’s annual carol service Dara Huang has offered a rare insight into how she protects her son, Christopher “Wolfie” Woolf Mapelli Mozzi. The mother-of-one revealed that she deliberately avoids sharing…
Royal Frenzy in Italy: Catherine, Princess of Wales, Stirring Up Crowds – But Her Real Mission Has Only Just Begun 🇮🇹
Princess of Wales draws screaming crowds in Italy as Catherine’s real mission begins The future queen showed how she plans to turn global fascination into lasting change There is no doubt that the Princess of Wales is an international icon….
Trouble continues to mount for Prince Andrew as new action is reportedly being taken to remove one of his remaining public honours
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor suffers fresh blow as action taken to strip former duke of Freedom honour The censure motion will come before the Court of Common Council at its meeting on May 21 The City of London Corporation has decided to…
What’s behind the fresh new look? Meghan Markle has sparked buzz after updating her profile picture and giving both her Instagram and As Ever website a noticeable refresh.
Meghan Markle in major rebrand as Duchess changes profile picture The Duchess of Sussex has given her Instagram and As Ever website a new look. Meghan Markle had a major rebrand (Image: Getty) Meghan Markle has updated her Instagram profile picture for…
End of content
No more pages to load