
Nancy Guthrie disappeared from her home in Arizona on February 1, with authorities suspecting that she was taken against her will
he reward for any information that leads to the arrest of Nancy Guthrie’s kidnapper has doubled thanks to an anonymous donation, with the donor adding $100,000 to the FBI’s existing $100,000 pool.
Nancy, who is the 84-year-old mother of Today show star Savannah Guthrie, has been missing for 18 days, and authorities are still searching for leads in the mysterious case.
The grandmother was first reported missing by her family on February 1 after she failed to show up for her usual church service, and investigators found blood on her doorstep upon arrival at the scene.
And now, CBS News reports that the FBI now has photos and names of people they believe may be the suspect seen on the surveillance video outside Nancy Guthrie’s front door.
© WireImage
The reward for information has doubled thanks to an anonymous donation
Doorbell camera footage from outside Nancy’s home was then released by authorities, which showed a man dismantling the camera just before 2 a.m. on February 1. The individual wore a ski mask that covered his face, as well as black gloves, a large backpack and a holstered gun.
After expanding their search area around Nancy’s home, a black glove similar to that of the man in the camera footage was discovered and sent off for DNA testing. Unfortunately, no DNA matches were found in the Combined DNA Index System, leading to a dead end.
Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos told reporters that his team was working closely with Google to retrieve additional footage from cameras around Nancy’s home, after investigators had gone door-to-door to ask neighbors for access to their surveillance footage.
© FBI
An individual was filmed dismantling Nancy’s doorbell camera on February 1
The team was also in contact with Walmart and several gun stores to find the origin of the individual’s backpack and gun holster. “That backpack, we could positively now identify as a backpack that is sold at one place only. That’s Walmart,” the sheriff said.
See the chilling doorbell camera footage below…
“So we’re working with our Walmart managers all across the state to try to find out how many sales there were of that backpack in the last 20, 30 days, the last 60 days.”
Authorities have also ruled out suspicions that Nancy had been taken across the border to Mexico, which is located 60 to 70 miles from her home. All of Nancy’s family members have been cleared of any suspicion, including her daughter, Annie Guthrie, and Annie’s husband, Tommaso Cioni, who were the last people to see her before her disappearance.
© Getty Images
The FBI discovered a black glove near Nancy’s home
Nancy had attended a games night with the pair before being dropped off at her home just before 10 p.m. on January 31.
© Instagram
Nancy’s family were cleared of any suspicion
“To be clear…the Guthrie family – to include all siblings and spouses – has been cleared as possible suspects in this case. The family has been nothing but cooperative and gracious, and are victims in this case,” Sheriff Nanos said in a statement.
“To suggest otherwise is not only wrong, it is cruel. The Guthrie family are victims plain and simple.”
News
Meghan Markle is once again in the headlines, with reports claiming she continues to seek publicity online despite recently speaking out against social media during an appearance in Geneva
Meghan Markle ‘seeks publicity’ online despite recent attack on social media in Geneva The Duchess of Sussex addressed a crowd in Switzerland on the perils of social media yesterday evening Meghan Markle “seeks publicity” online, a royal commentator has claimed,…
PRIVATE LIFE FIRST: Dara Huang OPENS UP ABOUT WHY Princess Beatrice’S STEPSON IS KEPT OUT OF THE SPOTLIGHT
Wolfie has been seen at Sandringham and the Princess of Wales’s annual carol service Dara Huang has offered a rare insight into how she protects her son, Christopher “Wolfie” Woolf Mapelli Mozzi. The mother-of-one revealed that she deliberately avoids sharing…
Royal Frenzy in Italy: Catherine, Princess of Wales, Stirring Up Crowds – But Her Real Mission Has Only Just Begun 🇮🇹
Princess of Wales draws screaming crowds in Italy as Catherine’s real mission begins The future queen showed how she plans to turn global fascination into lasting change There is no doubt that the Princess of Wales is an international icon….
Trouble continues to mount for Prince Andrew as new action is reportedly being taken to remove one of his remaining public honours
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor suffers fresh blow as action taken to strip former duke of Freedom honour The censure motion will come before the Court of Common Council at its meeting on May 21 The City of London Corporation has decided to…
What’s behind the fresh new look? Meghan Markle has sparked buzz after updating her profile picture and giving both her Instagram and As Ever website a noticeable refresh.
Meghan Markle in major rebrand as Duchess changes profile picture The Duchess of Sussex has given her Instagram and As Ever website a new look. Meghan Markle had a major rebrand (Image: Getty) Meghan Markle has updated her Instagram profile picture for…
“SILENCE SPEAKS VOLUMES…” — Meghan Faces Backlash Over Mother’s Day Post
Meghan Slammed After Leaving Doria Ragland Out of Mother’s Day Tribute: ‘Silence Speaks Volumes’ Meghan Markle’s Mother’s Day silence is being dissected by royal watchers following her latest brand expansion. Meghan Markle and her mother, Doria Ragland, at an event…
End of content
No more pages to load