The pair had a broadcasting partnership spanning 25 years. (Instagram: @jackieo_official)
Jackie “O” Henderson has denied quitting the hit KIIS FM radio show she hosted with Kyle Sandilands, saying she was left in “shock” by the news.
“Over the past few days, there has been a lot of speculation and misinformation about my departure on the show,” she said in a statement on Friday.
“I want to make one important point very clear: I did not quit or resign.”
Henderson said she was “deeply saddened” by the events of the past week and the “possibility of the show ending”.
“This has come as a shock to me, as it has to everyone else,” she said.
It was reported earlier this week that Jackie O had quit Australia’s highest-paying radio show.
Sandilands has been suspended following an explosive tirade during a live broadcast.
‘Truly heartbreaking to see how this has unfolded’
In her statement, Henderson said the “current media narrative does not reflect what actually occurred, and it has been truly heartbreaking to see how this has unfolded”.
“At this stage, I am unable to say anything further, as I am addressing this through the appropriate legal avenues.”
Henderson had not co-hosted KIIS FM’s Kyle and Jackie O Show since being berated by Sandilands on February 20 as “being off with the fairies”.
During the episode, Sandilands criticised Henderson for her fixation on horoscopes while discussing Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, claiming they made her “almost unworkable”.
In an ASX announcement on Tuesday, ARN Media, the owner of KIIS FM, said Henderson “has given notice she cannot continue to work with Mr Sandilands”.
“Ms Henderson will cease to present the Kyle and Jackie O Show,” the statement said.
ARN said the Kyle and Jackie O Show would be taken off-air “effective immediately”.
The network has also issued a written notice to Sandilands, stating it considered his conduct “an act of serious misconduct”, which was in breach of his contract.
Sandilands will stay off-air and has been given 14 days to “remedy this breach” or “cease to present” the show.
News
Meghan Markle is once again in the headlines, with reports claiming she continues to seek publicity online despite recently speaking out against social media during an appearance in Geneva
Meghan Markle ‘seeks publicity’ online despite recent attack on social media in Geneva The Duchess of Sussex addressed a crowd in Switzerland on the perils of social media yesterday evening Meghan Markle “seeks publicity” online, a royal commentator has claimed,…
PRIVATE LIFE FIRST: Dara Huang OPENS UP ABOUT WHY Princess Beatrice’S STEPSON IS KEPT OUT OF THE SPOTLIGHT
Wolfie has been seen at Sandringham and the Princess of Wales’s annual carol service Dara Huang has offered a rare insight into how she protects her son, Christopher “Wolfie” Woolf Mapelli Mozzi. The mother-of-one revealed that she deliberately avoids sharing…
Royal Frenzy in Italy: Catherine, Princess of Wales, Stirring Up Crowds – But Her Real Mission Has Only Just Begun 🇮🇹
Princess of Wales draws screaming crowds in Italy as Catherine’s real mission begins The future queen showed how she plans to turn global fascination into lasting change There is no doubt that the Princess of Wales is an international icon….
Trouble continues to mount for Prince Andrew as new action is reportedly being taken to remove one of his remaining public honours
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor suffers fresh blow as action taken to strip former duke of Freedom honour The censure motion will come before the Court of Common Council at its meeting on May 21 The City of London Corporation has decided to…
What’s behind the fresh new look? Meghan Markle has sparked buzz after updating her profile picture and giving both her Instagram and As Ever website a noticeable refresh.
Meghan Markle in major rebrand as Duchess changes profile picture The Duchess of Sussex has given her Instagram and As Ever website a new look. Meghan Markle had a major rebrand (Image: Getty) Meghan Markle has updated her Instagram profile picture for…
“SILENCE SPEAKS VOLUMES…” — Meghan Faces Backlash Over Mother’s Day Post
Meghan Slammed After Leaving Doria Ragland Out of Mother’s Day Tribute: ‘Silence Speaks Volumes’ Meghan Markle’s Mother’s Day silence is being dissected by royal watchers following her latest brand expansion. Meghan Markle and her mother, Doria Ragland, at an event…
End of content
No more pages to load