Police have been told to keep an eye out across NSW as the manhunt for alleged triple murderer Julian Ingram enters its second week.
Ingram, 37, has been on the run since January 22 after he allegedly shot and killed three people in Lake Cargelligo in the state’s Central West.
His ex-partner Sophie Quinn, 25, and John Harris, 32, were found fatally shot inside a car on Bokhara St about 4.30pm on January 22.
Julian Ingram has been on the run after allegedly murdering three people in Lake Cargelligo.
He also allegedly fatally shot Ms Quinn’s aunt Nerida, 50.
Kaleb Macqueen, 19, who was on the street fixing his car, was also shot and transported to hospital in a serious but stable condition.
Speaking to reporters on Monday, Assistant Commissioner Andrew Holland said there had been reports that Ingram was seen between January 24 and 25 at a property about 3km south of Mount Hope – about an hour’s drive from Lake Cargelligo – on Kidman Way.
“Members of the public who witness any suspicious activity or have concerns for their safety are encouraged to call triple-0,” he said.
“We are seeking assistance from members of the public who may have dashcam, or (from) anyone travelling in that area at that time.”
The search for Ingram has stretched out for nearly two weeks. Picture: NewsWire/ Klae McGuinness
NSW Police Commissioner Mal Lanyon told 2GB there had been further reports that Ingram was spotted in Glebe in Sydney’s inner west, with officers told to begin a search of the city’s streets.
However, he quickly quashed the theory.
“There is no credible evidence after following that up,” he told Ben Fordham.
“We certainly believe and our main focus still remains in the Lake Cargelligo area, but it is fair to say that it is an absolute priority for the organisation, so every police officer around the state has a picture of Mr Ingram and his description.”
Sophie Quinn, 25, was killed in the shooting. Picture: Facebook
John Harris, 32, was also fatally shot. Picture: Facebook
Speaking to NewsWire, police confirmed there was “no credible information’ to suggest Ingram had been seen in Sydney.
“However, while his whereabouts remain unknown, police across NSW have been urged to be on the lookout as a large-scale manhunt continues,” they said.
Nerida Quinn, 50, was killed in the shooting. Picture: Supplied
Kaleb Macqueen was injured. Picture: Supplied/Nine News
Mr Lanyon said the search for the alleged killer was “challenging” amid heatwave conditions across Central West NSW and wide-stretching properties.
“There are vast properties out there. Some of these properties are larger than metropolitan Sydney alone,” he said,
“There’s also heavily wooded areas there, so it is a challenge, but we are throwing all resources at (it) – whether it’s PolAir, whether it is the significant different parts of our units that are out there at the moment – we are committed to finding Mr Ingram.”
Police have warned the alleged gunman is still on the run. Picture: NewsWire/ Klae McGuinness
He urged anyone with knowledge of his whereabouts or who may be shielding him to come forward.
“I’d just say if anyone is doing that, please consider the impact,” he said.
“While we allege that he has murdered three people and an unborn child, it’s really important that the community fear at the moment requires us to resolve this matter.”
Mr Lanyon has urged anyone who sees Ingram to stay away and immediately contact triple-0 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
News
Two minutes ago: King Charles and Queen Camilla planted a symbolic tree in Northern Ireland — Royal Garden Party takes meaningful turn
King Charles and Queen Camilla plant royal tree at Northern Ireland garden party The couple have enjoyed an action-packed two days in Northern Ireland The King and Queen attended a garden party at Hillsborough Castle this afternoon, on the second…
Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank were seen leaving Kensington Palace for a late-night outing at a private Mayfair club — and royal watchers are already buzzing
Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank take 20-minute drive from Kensington Palace to Mayfair club The pregnant royal is expecting her third child this summer Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank stepped out for an evening at the exclusive Mayfair venue Oswald’s…
ROYAL TIMING RAISES EYEBROWS: DUCHESS OF EDINBURGH SPOTTED IN GENEVA JUST DAYS AFTER MEGHAN’S EXIT A curious coincidence that’s getting people talking
Duchess of Edinburgh pictured in Geneva just days after Meghan Markle’s departure The Duchess of Sussex attended the inauguration of The Lost Screen Memorial on Sunday The Duchess of Edinburgh made an appearance at the World Health Assembly in Geneva…
UNDERWATER HORROR — Divers tragically d!3 in cave incident in the Maldives after being “sucked in” and unable to escape
UNDERWATER HORROR Maldives divers ‘were sucked into the cave & unable to swim out before running out of air’ – as final bodies recovered FIVE Italian divers who drowned in a tragic Maldives expedition may have been sucked into a…
Tributes are pouring in for Dr Nikhil Autar, a pioneering young doctor and former NSW Young Australian of the Year, who has d!3d at just 32
Tributes flow for pioneering doctor, former NSW Young Australian of the Year Dr Nikhil Autar following death at age 32 A “beloved” young doctor and former NSW Australian of the Year who overcame teenage leukaemia has died aged 32. A…
TRAGIC CRASH VERDICT — Man sentenced over f4tal collision that k!ll3d Ian Welldon in Toowoomba
Man sentenced for killing Ian Welldon in Toowoomba truck and motorcycle crash Ian Welldon was described by his family as funny, kind and hard-working. (Supplied: Welldon family) Allan John Eveleigh has been sentenced to three-and-a-half years in jail after pleading guilty…
End of content
No more pages to load