“I don’t really consider myself a hero,” said store manager Faris Hussain
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():focal(749x0:751x2)/Store-Manager-Rescues-Homeless-Woman-After-She-Froze-Outside-Food-Mart-in-Winter-Storm-012626-4edd2b28ce404bcd8bc4bc91084cf8fb.jpg)
A Texas store manager is sharing how he helped a homeless woman who was discovered outside of a convenience store in northern Texas during the recent deadly winter storm.
On the morning of Thursday, Jan. 22, the woman known as Bobbi was spotted by a customer outside of Evans Food Mart, CBS affiliate KTVT and ABC affiliate WFAA reported. The person rushed into the store for help, and manager Faris Hussain immediately went outside to assist the woman.
“When I heard her name, it was one of my good customers, so I instantly was like, ‘Hey man, no no no, there’s no way. We gotta go help her right now,’ ” Hussain told KTVT. In footage shared by the outlets, the store employee was captured lifting the helpless woman into his arms and bringing her inside.
“The second my hands touched her, it was like frozen solid,” Hussain told WFAA. “Her body was so stiff.”
As he helped her warm up, Bobbi told him, “I love you, thank you so much,” Hussain recalled.
The woman was later transported to a local hospital by first responders, according to the outlets.
A spokesperson for the Fort Worth Fire Department confirms with PEOPLE that team members responded to a call after 9 a.m. local time, but he did not have information about Bobbi’s current condition.
The woman stayed outside overnight during the storm, KTVT reported. And for Hussain, there was no option but to act.
“I don’t really consider myself a hero or nothing, but we just, we do this on a daily for our community,” he told the outlet. “Doing it once in a while, it’s not going to cut it. That’s just, you know, we do it on a daily for our daily customers all the time, every time.”
The storm has been a deadly one. Late last week and into the weekend, Winter Storm Fern swept across huge swaths of the country, killing at least 17 people, according to the BBC.
News
ROYAL CELEBRATION TAKES A TOLL: PRINCE WILLIAM ‘LOSES HIS VOICE’ AFTER ASTON VILLA TRIUMPH
Prince William ‘lost his voice’ following night celebrating Aston Villa triumph The Prince of Wales was spotted enjoying celebrations following Villa’s triumph last night… and he was paying the price for it this morning The Prince of Wales revealed today…
“Vanished Without a Trace” – CCTV Footage of Devon Teen Sparks Chilling New Theory After 12 Days of Silence
Large-scale search continues to find missing teen Taylor Charlton was last seen on CCTV on 8 May in Barnstaple Detectives say a large-scale police investigation is continuing as part of efforts to find a missing Devon teenager. Devon and Cornwall…
Two minutes ago: King Charles and Queen Camilla planted a symbolic tree in Northern Ireland — Royal Garden Party takes meaningful turn
King Charles and Queen Camilla plant royal tree at Northern Ireland garden party The couple have enjoyed an action-packed two days in Northern Ireland The King and Queen attended a garden party at Hillsborough Castle this afternoon, on the second…
Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank were seen leaving Kensington Palace for a late-night outing at a private Mayfair club — and royal watchers are already buzzing
Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank take 20-minute drive from Kensington Palace to Mayfair club The pregnant royal is expecting her third child this summer Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank stepped out for an evening at the exclusive Mayfair venue Oswald’s…
ROYAL TIMING RAISES EYEBROWS: DUCHESS OF EDINBURGH SPOTTED IN GENEVA JUST DAYS AFTER MEGHAN’S EXIT A curious coincidence that’s getting people talking
Duchess of Edinburgh pictured in Geneva just days after Meghan Markle’s departure The Duchess of Sussex attended the inauguration of The Lost Screen Memorial on Sunday The Duchess of Edinburgh made an appearance at the World Health Assembly in Geneva…
UNDERWATER HORROR — Divers tragically d!3 in cave incident in the Maldives after being “sucked in” and unable to escape
UNDERWATER HORROR Maldives divers ‘were sucked into the cave & unable to swim out before running out of air’ – as final bodies recovered FIVE Italian divers who drowned in a tragic Maldives expedition may have been sucked into a…
End of content
No more pages to load