British influencer Holly Hubert, who goes by the name Holly H online, was placed in a medically-induced coma in December after she suddenly became critically ill with brain swelling

British Influencer Holly H says she is grateful to be alive(Image: @hollyh/instagram)
British influencer Holly Hubert has opened up on Instagram about her recovery journey after being placed in a medically-induced coma months ago whilst battling an undisclosed illness.
In December last year the 29-year-old suddenly became critically ill and was rushed to hospital where she was placed ina coma after suffering swelling on the brain. She explained that surviving the medical emergency has fundamentally altered her perspective on life.
On Sunday March 22 she took to Instagram to share an updated, she said: “Hi … I’m alive [purple heart emoji]. So it turns out I’m not invincible. In December, I suddenly became critically ill, was rushed into hospital and placed into a coma. I experienced extreme brain swelling and it was uncertain if I’d wake up again, but I was lucky enough to have a badass doctor and my incredible family by my side 24/7 fighting for me.”

British Influencer Holly H had to re-learn to walk again(Image: @hollyh/instagram)
Holly’s relatives confirmed via an Instagram statement published in December 2025 that the internet personality was hospitalised and required “time to heal” before returning to social media. At the time, no diagnosis was revealed.
“When I woke up, I had to relearn to walk and use my hands again,” Holly detailed about her condition in her 22 March post. “It’s been the hardest and scariest thing that’s ever happened to me, and I’m so grateful to be here today.” Holly went on to reveal that she’d been discharged from the local hospital, writing: “[I am] still slowly recovering. I won’t be posting every day just yet, but I wanted to come back and let you know that I’m OK. I missed you all so much and I’m insanely thankful for all of the love you’ve given me whilst I’ve been gone, it truly means the world to me.”, reports the Mirror US.
She explained that surviving the medical emergency has fundamentally altered her perspective on life.
“This experience has given me a whole new love for my life, my family, my friends and the wonderful world we live in,” Holly admitted. “Go do everything that makes you smile. Life is so damn precious.”

She had her loved ones supporting her ever step of the way(Image: @hollyh/instagram)
Holly has been in the public eye for over a decade, first rising to prominence in 2015 when she started posting Vine videos documenting her daily life. She eventually became one of Britain’s most followed influencers.
“It was kind of an accident for me. My story is less intense than some people’s,” she explained during a Good Morning Britain appearance in 2022. “I just stayed at home quite a lot so I ended up making videos because I like doing it.”
Holly’s social media success launched her music career, with her debut single Tokyo dropping in April 2025, followed by her second track, I Should Run, in August 2025.
News
PRIVATE LIFE FIRST: Dara Huang OPENS UP ABOUT WHY Princess Beatrice’S STEPSON IS KEPT OUT OF THE SPOTLIGHT
Wolfie has been seen at Sandringham and the Princess of Wales’s annual carol service Dara Huang has offered a rare insight into how she protects her son, Christopher “Wolfie” Woolf Mapelli Mozzi. The mother-of-one revealed that she deliberately avoids sharing…
Royal Frenzy in Italy: Catherine, Princess of Wales, Stirring Up Crowds – But Her Real Mission Has Only Just Begun 🇮🇹
Princess of Wales draws screaming crowds in Italy as Catherine’s real mission begins The future queen showed how she plans to turn global fascination into lasting change There is no doubt that the Princess of Wales is an international icon….
Trouble continues to mount for Prince Andrew as new action is reportedly being taken to remove one of his remaining public honours
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor suffers fresh blow as action taken to strip former duke of Freedom honour The censure motion will come before the Court of Common Council at its meeting on May 21 The City of London Corporation has decided to…
What’s behind the fresh new look? Meghan Markle has sparked buzz after updating her profile picture and giving both her Instagram and As Ever website a noticeable refresh.
Meghan Markle in major rebrand as Duchess changes profile picture The Duchess of Sussex has given her Instagram and As Ever website a new look. Meghan Markle had a major rebrand (Image: Getty) Meghan Markle has updated her Instagram profile picture for…
“SILENCE SPEAKS VOLUMES…” — Meghan Faces Backlash Over Mother’s Day Post
Meghan Slammed After Leaving Doria Ragland Out of Mother’s Day Tribute: ‘Silence Speaks Volumes’ Meghan Markle’s Mother’s Day silence is being dissected by royal watchers following her latest brand expansion. Meghan Markle and her mother, Doria Ragland, at an event…
A spokesperson for Meghan Markle has firmly denied claims that the Duchess of Sussex is planning to sell her clothes for profit
Meghan Markle’s spokesman shuts down speculation about Duchess of Sussex selling clothes The Duchess of Sussex previously hinted she may expand into fashion ‘down the line’ Meghan Markle’s spokesman has shut down rumours about the Duchess of Sussex selling clothes….
End of content
No more pages to load