
Andrew announced he was giving up his royal titles last week
Princess Beatrice was spotted driving into Royal Lodge this afternoon (October 20), reportedly visiting her father Prince Andrew just days after he gave up his royal title and remaining honours.
The visit comes following Andrew’s bombshell announcement on Friday, October 17.
In a statement issued via Buckingham Palace, Andrew revealed he would no longer use his Duke of York title. He cited the “continued accusations” against him as a distraction from the work of King Charles and the royal family.
Earlier today, Princess Beatrice was reportedly photographed driving into Royal Lodge to visit her father (Credit: Cover Images)
Princess Beatrice ‘visits Prince Andrew’ at Royal Lodge
Photos published by the Daily Mail captured Beatrice driving her Range Rover into her parents’ Windsor estate, Royal Lodge, where Andrew lives with his ex-wife, Sarah Ferguson.
She was also seen leaving the 30-room mansion looking sombre.
Prince Andrew has been at the centre of headlines this past week due to the upcoming release of his accuser Virginia Giuffre’s posthumous memoir as well as resurfaced emails he allegedly sent Jeffrey Epstein. For years, Andrew’s alleged association with late convicted sex offender Epstein has rocked the royal family.
In 2021, Ms Giuffre filed a lawsuit against Andrew in the US, accusing him of sexual assault. She alleged that she was made to sleep with Prince Andrew on three occasions when she was 17 after being trafficked by Epstein.
Ms Giuffre’s memoir is said to detail her alleged meetings with the prince in the early 2000s. Prince Andrew has repeatedly denied all allegations against him.
Amid all the scandal, royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams described it as “a deeply painful period” for both Beatrice and her sister, Princess Eugenie.
Although the princesses will remain welcome at family events like Christmas at Sandringham, they have reportedly distanced themselves from the public spotlight.
Over the weekend, they were expected to attend the Pink Ball at the British Museum. According to HELLO!, they had both been on the guest list. However, they reportedly didn’t attend.
This is the first time Beatrice has been seen at Royal Lodge since Andrew announced he would stop using his royal title last week (Credit: Cover Images)
Prince Andrew gives up royal titles
Last week, Andrew announced his decision to stop using his dukedom and give up his remaining royal honours.
As well as his title, Prince Andrew has given up membership of the Order of the Garter. He became a Knight of the Garter in 2006.
However, Andrew remains a prince as he was given that title at birth as the second son of Queen Elizabeth II. In his statement, he said: “I have decided, as I always have, to put my duty to my family and country first.
“With His Majesty’s agreement, we feel I must now go a step further. I will therefore no longer use my title or the honours which have been conferred upon me. As I have said previously, I vigorously deny the accusations against me.”
Days later, the Met Police announced it was “actively looking” into claims the prince had asked his police protection officer to investigate Ms Giuffre in 2011.
Beatrice and Eugenie are ‘unfortunate victims’
Royal expert Katie Nicholl called Beatrice and Eugenie “the most unfortunate victims” in the situation. “It can’t be easy to see their parents dragged through something like this,” she noted. “They remain very much loved nieces of the king.”
Their mother, Sarah Ferguson, has also faced backlash over her past association with Epstein.
I have decided, as I always have, to put my duty to my family and country first.
Former BBC royal correspondent Jennie Bond echoed this.
“They’re extremely close to their parents and have stayed loyal through thick and thin,” she told The Mirror. “I’m sure they’ll be supporting Andrew and Sarah through this latest crisis, just as they have been there for them in the past.”
News
A surprising detail from the past has emerged about — and it’s caught royal fans completely off guard
Princess Kate’s surprising link to Downton Abbey star revealed Though she’s now happily married to Prince William, the Princess of Wales once reportedly had a crush on an actor that many of us will have seen on screen… any years…
Prince William shared a heartfelt message about Kate on a special live radio broadcast — and it touched the hearts of listener
Prince William says family ‘couldn’t cope without’ Kate during cancer treatment on live radio appearance The Prince of Wales has joined Amanda Holden and Jamie Theakston on Heart FM from the Isles of Scilly for a special live broadcast rince…
Eyebrows are being raised over fresh comments. Mike Tindall has reportedly taken subtle swipes at Prince Andrew and Prince Harry — sparking speculation about underlying tensions
Mike Tindall takes swipes at Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and Prince Harry Mike Tindall revealed he had been warned against discussing the former Duke of York Mike Tindall has took swipes at Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and Prince Harry during an appearance at the…
An unexpected performance is stealing the spotlight. King Charles surprised locals by playing a ukulele as his visit to Northern Ireland came to an end.
King Charles shocks locals with ukulele solo as Northern Ireland trip concludes The monarch performed in front of a crowd on the final day of his three-day trip with Queen Camilla King Charles demonstrated his musical talents during the final…
A rare insight is shedding light on royal life. A close friend of Princess Kate has revealed how she’s coping amid what’s being described as “unprecedented turbulence” within the royal family
Princess Kate’s close friend reveals how she’s dealing with ‘unprecedented turbulence’ in royal family The Princess of Wales made a return to official visits abroad with her trip to Reggio Emilia in Italy last week – and it has a…
ROYAL CELEBRATION TAKES A TOLL: PRINCE WILLIAM ‘LOSES HIS VOICE’ AFTER ASTON VILLA TRIUMPH
Prince William ‘lost his voice’ following night celebrating Aston Villa triumph The Prince of Wales was spotted enjoying celebrations following Villa’s triumph last night… and he was paying the price for it this morning The Prince of Wales revealed today…
End of content
No more pages to load