DEADLIEST Catch star Todd Meadows suffered a serious head injury weeks before camera crew filmed his shocking boat death, it has been revealed.

The beloved deckhand on the Discovery channel’s reality TV show was regarded as “family,” said fellow crab fishermen.
Deadliest Catch star Todd Meadows died at the age of 25Credit: GoFundMe

Discovery Channel called Meadows’ death ‘a devastating loss’Credit: GoFundMe
Several weeks before his death, Meadows, 25, suffered a concussion, his mother, Angela Meadows, told TMZ yesterday.
The head injury meant he was unable to return to work at sea for several weeks.
His mother said that after doctor had confirmed concussion, her son had returned to Washington to recover.
Tragically, that was the final week that his family were able to see him, she added.
“The last photo I got of him was when he was building a fire. He was listening to music in the moment and was so happy,” Angela said.
“That’s how I want to remember him.”

Todd Meadows’ death is still under investigationCredit: Facebook/Todd Meadows

His death is the latest for cast members of the show detailing dangerous crab fishing on the Bering SeaCredit: Facebook/Todd Meadows
The star was later cleared by a doctor to return to his job.
The U.S. Sun has contacted Discovery+ for comment.
Meadows’ body was received at the Anchorage Medical Examiner’s Office on February 27, and his body has since been released, according to a TMZ story on Tuesday.
The cause of death has not been published.
Deadliest Catch documents the lives of crab fishermen working in one of the worlds harshest environments.
The U.S. Coast Guard – which is investigating his death – received a notification shortly after 5 pm on February 25 from the Aleutian Lady.
It was told that the crew member had fallen overboard some 170 miles (274 km) north of Dutch Harbor, Alaska, said Chief Petty Officer Travis Magee, a spokesperson with the Coast Guards Arctic District.
He was recovered unresponsive by the crew approximately ten minutes later, Magee wrote.
Efforts to resuscitate Meadows were unsuccessful, and the crew brought his body to Dutch Harbor, he added.
“We are deeply saddened by the tragic passing of Todd Meadows,” said Deadliest Catch on social media.
“This is a devastating loss, and our hearts are with his loved ones, his crewmates, and the entire fishing community during this incredibly difficult time.”
Meadows, from Montesano, Washington, was in his first year as a cast member of the Discovery Channel show.
He joined the series last May, but no episodes for the new season have aired.
He is survived by three sons, and a GoFundMe has been started to support them.
The fundraiser said Meadows had died what doing what he loved best: crabbing on Alaska waters.
Angela has already told Discovery that his family doesn’t want footage of his distressing death to be aired.
During a previous interview with TMZ, she also said that she had been assured Meadows did not suffer in his final moments.
News
Meghan Markle is once again in the headlines, with reports claiming she continues to seek publicity online despite recently speaking out against social media during an appearance in Geneva
Meghan Markle ‘seeks publicity’ online despite recent attack on social media in Geneva The Duchess of Sussex addressed a crowd in Switzerland on the perils of social media yesterday evening Meghan Markle “seeks publicity” online, a royal commentator has claimed,…
PRIVATE LIFE FIRST: Dara Huang OPENS UP ABOUT WHY Princess Beatrice’S STEPSON IS KEPT OUT OF THE SPOTLIGHT
Wolfie has been seen at Sandringham and the Princess of Wales’s annual carol service Dara Huang has offered a rare insight into how she protects her son, Christopher “Wolfie” Woolf Mapelli Mozzi. The mother-of-one revealed that she deliberately avoids sharing…
Royal Frenzy in Italy: Catherine, Princess of Wales, Stirring Up Crowds – But Her Real Mission Has Only Just Begun 🇮🇹
Princess of Wales draws screaming crowds in Italy as Catherine’s real mission begins The future queen showed how she plans to turn global fascination into lasting change There is no doubt that the Princess of Wales is an international icon….
Trouble continues to mount for Prince Andrew as new action is reportedly being taken to remove one of his remaining public honours
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor suffers fresh blow as action taken to strip former duke of Freedom honour The censure motion will come before the Court of Common Council at its meeting on May 21 The City of London Corporation has decided to…
What’s behind the fresh new look? Meghan Markle has sparked buzz after updating her profile picture and giving both her Instagram and As Ever website a noticeable refresh.
Meghan Markle in major rebrand as Duchess changes profile picture The Duchess of Sussex has given her Instagram and As Ever website a new look. Meghan Markle had a major rebrand (Image: Getty) Meghan Markle has updated her Instagram profile picture for…
“SILENCE SPEAKS VOLUMES…” — Meghan Faces Backlash Over Mother’s Day Post
Meghan Slammed After Leaving Doria Ragland Out of Mother’s Day Tribute: ‘Silence Speaks Volumes’ Meghan Markle’s Mother’s Day silence is being dissected by royal watchers following her latest brand expansion. Meghan Markle and her mother, Doria Ragland, at an event…
End of content
No more pages to load