Wayne Pedro Morseu was reported missing on November 10. (Supplied: Queensland Police)
Police believe a man who has been missing for more than four months in North Queensland was murdered in his home and that his body was moved after his death.
Mackay man Wayne Pedro Morseu, 71, was reported missing on November 10, with his disappearance described as out of character.
Police now believe he was killed in his home months earlier.
Police forensic crews inspected Wayne Morseu’s Griffin Street property last year. (ABC Tropical North: Liam McNally)
Mackay Whitsunday District Detective Inspector Emma Novosel said Mr Morseu died some time after August 27 last year.
She said police believed Mr Morseu’s body remained in the house before being moved to an unknown location by those involved in his death.
Detective Inspector Novosel said it was unclear how long and for what reason his remains were left at the property.
“At this time, we can’t say what the motive is or the reason for the death. But certainly we’re keeping an open mind and we’ll examine all angles as information is provided to us,” she said.
Two Mackay properties have been declared crime scenes as part of the investigation — Mr Morseu’s home in Griffin Street, and another house in River Street.
Police said there were “a number” of persons of interest in the investigation.
Detective Inspector Emma Novosel says police have conducted a number of interviews in relation to the investigation. (ABC Tropical North: Bryn Wakefield)
Detective Inspector Novosel asked for public information to help solve Mr Morseu’s suspected murder, saying he would be a familiar face to many.
“He’s from a large local family and he’d been living in that Griffin Street area for a number of years prior to his death,” she said.
“He would be identifiable to people who live in that area.
“[Mr Morseu’s family are] devastated about what has happened to Wayne and they would like some answers.”
News
Meghan Markle is once again in the headlines, with reports claiming she continues to seek publicity online despite recently speaking out against social media during an appearance in Geneva
Meghan Markle ‘seeks publicity’ online despite recent attack on social media in Geneva The Duchess of Sussex addressed a crowd in Switzerland on the perils of social media yesterday evening Meghan Markle “seeks publicity” online, a royal commentator has claimed,…
PRIVATE LIFE FIRST: Dara Huang OPENS UP ABOUT WHY Princess Beatrice’S STEPSON IS KEPT OUT OF THE SPOTLIGHT
Wolfie has been seen at Sandringham and the Princess of Wales’s annual carol service Dara Huang has offered a rare insight into how she protects her son, Christopher “Wolfie” Woolf Mapelli Mozzi. The mother-of-one revealed that she deliberately avoids sharing…
Royal Frenzy in Italy: Catherine, Princess of Wales, Stirring Up Crowds – But Her Real Mission Has Only Just Begun 🇮🇹
Princess of Wales draws screaming crowds in Italy as Catherine’s real mission begins The future queen showed how she plans to turn global fascination into lasting change There is no doubt that the Princess of Wales is an international icon….
Trouble continues to mount for Prince Andrew as new action is reportedly being taken to remove one of his remaining public honours
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor suffers fresh blow as action taken to strip former duke of Freedom honour The censure motion will come before the Court of Common Council at its meeting on May 21 The City of London Corporation has decided to…
What’s behind the fresh new look? Meghan Markle has sparked buzz after updating her profile picture and giving both her Instagram and As Ever website a noticeable refresh.
Meghan Markle in major rebrand as Duchess changes profile picture The Duchess of Sussex has given her Instagram and As Ever website a new look. Meghan Markle had a major rebrand (Image: Getty) Meghan Markle has updated her Instagram profile picture for…
“SILENCE SPEAKS VOLUMES…” — Meghan Faces Backlash Over Mother’s Day Post
Meghan Slammed After Leaving Doria Ragland Out of Mother’s Day Tribute: ‘Silence Speaks Volumes’ Meghan Markle’s Mother’s Day silence is being dissected by royal watchers following her latest brand expansion. Meghan Markle and her mother, Doria Ragland, at an event…
End of content
No more pages to load