The presenter teared up as she closed the show.

Ranvir Singh was in tears as she bid farewell to her Good Morning Britain co-star (Image: ITV)
Ranvir Singh struggled to hold back her emotions as she announced the departure of her Good Morning Britain co-star. At the end of Wednesday’s show, Ranvir and Richard Madeley bid farewell as they revealed Good Morning Britain will be taking a brief break until 5 January.
Closing the show, Richard told viewers: “As we were saying, it is our final show of 2025 with the best team on television and it’s the last one in the studio as we make the move to a new home for the next year.” After announcing when the show would be returning, Ranvir admitted she was tearing up as she thanked those who work behind the scenes, before sharing that their co-star is retiring after 20 years.
Ranvir said: “Before we go, we both and everyone here, all the presenting team who you see every day, we want to say, oh gosh, I’m going to tear up. We want to say a huge, heartfelt thank you to every person who works on this show because you are amazing.
“Can I just say to Phil Ramsden, our news editor who is retiring today after nearly 20 years on ITV. One of the best and indeed one of many of the best. We wish you all a very happy new year.”
Richard added: “Have a great new year. We will see you on Monday, January 5th. Just once again, thank you to our team.”
Earlier in the show, Ranvir said she hoped that more than 210 million minutes would have been pledged in the show’s 1 Million Minutes campaign before it concluded.

The presenters announced Good Morning Britain will be off air until 5 January (Image: ITV)
The initiative encourages people to pledge their time, rather than money, to help combat loneliness in the UK.
“We are at 209. Oh my goodness, it’s just gone up again. We are at 209 million. We’ve got a few minutes left. I think we can get to 210 million,” the ITV host told viewers.
“We have been doing this for 10 years. We have reached 210 million. Well done to all of our volunteers. Absolutely remarkable!”
Ranvir revealed this total means 2025 is Good Morning Britain’s most successful year for the campaign. “And it keeps going up,” she exclaimed.
News
ROYAL CELEBRATION TAKES A TOLL: PRINCE WILLIAM ‘LOSES HIS VOICE’ AFTER ASTON VILLA TRIUMPH
Prince William ‘lost his voice’ following night celebrating Aston Villa triumph The Prince of Wales was spotted enjoying celebrations following Villa’s triumph last night… and he was paying the price for it this morning The Prince of Wales revealed today…
“Vanished Without a Trace” – CCTV Footage of Devon Teen Sparks Chilling New Theory After 12 Days of Silence
Large-scale search continues to find missing teen Taylor Charlton was last seen on CCTV on 8 May in Barnstaple Detectives say a large-scale police investigation is continuing as part of efforts to find a missing Devon teenager. Devon and Cornwall…
Two minutes ago: King Charles and Queen Camilla planted a symbolic tree in Northern Ireland — Royal Garden Party takes meaningful turn
King Charles and Queen Camilla plant royal tree at Northern Ireland garden party The couple have enjoyed an action-packed two days in Northern Ireland The King and Queen attended a garden party at Hillsborough Castle this afternoon, on the second…
Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank were seen leaving Kensington Palace for a late-night outing at a private Mayfair club — and royal watchers are already buzzing
Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank take 20-minute drive from Kensington Palace to Mayfair club The pregnant royal is expecting her third child this summer Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank stepped out for an evening at the exclusive Mayfair venue Oswald’s…
ROYAL TIMING RAISES EYEBROWS: DUCHESS OF EDINBURGH SPOTTED IN GENEVA JUST DAYS AFTER MEGHAN’S EXIT A curious coincidence that’s getting people talking
Duchess of Edinburgh pictured in Geneva just days after Meghan Markle’s departure The Duchess of Sussex attended the inauguration of The Lost Screen Memorial on Sunday The Duchess of Edinburgh made an appearance at the World Health Assembly in Geneva…
UNDERWATER HORROR — Divers tragically d!3 in cave incident in the Maldives after being “sucked in” and unable to escape
UNDERWATER HORROR Maldives divers ‘were sucked into the cave & unable to swim out before running out of air’ – as final bodies recovered FIVE Italian divers who drowned in a tragic Maldives expedition may have been sucked into a…
End of content
No more pages to load