The Prince and Princess of Wales sent their support
Prince William and Princess Kate have shared their “deepest condolences” to those affected by the Bondi Beach shooting after the King and Queen sent their own message.
The Prince and Princess of Wales said: “Our thoughts are with every Australian today following the terrible attack at Bondi Beach.
“We extend our deepest condolences to the families and friends of those who have lost their lives and stand with the Jewish community in grief.
“We are also thinking about the bravery of the emergency responders, particularly the two injured officers. W & C.”

Prince William and Princess Kate’s ‘thoughts are with every Australian’ following Bondi Beach shooting | GETTY
Their message came after the King and Queen shared their own sympathies for the people of Australia.
King Charles wrote: “My wife and I are appalled and saddened by the most dreadful antisemitic terrorist attack on Jewish people attending the Chanukah celebration at Bondi Beach.
“Our hearts go out to everyone who has been affected so dreadfully, including the police officers who were injured while protecting members of their community.
“We commend the police, emergency services and members of the public whose heroic actions no doubt prevented even greater horror and tragedy.

The King and Queen also sent a message of support
| GETTY
“In times of hurt, Australians always rally together in unity and resolve. I know that the spirit of community and love that shines so brightly in Australia – and the light at the heart of the Chanukah festival – will always triumph over the darkness of such evil.”
Some 12 people were killed during the attack, and 29 people have been taken to various hospitals across Sydney.
One of the gunmen was killed at the scene, and one remains in police custody in a serious condition.
Naveed Akram, 24, has been named as one of the alleged gunmen in the mass shooting.

One of the alleged shooters in the mass shooting at Bondi Beach on Sunday has been identified. | SUPPLIED
He is said to be from Bonnyrigg in Sydney’s south-west.
Akram’s suburban home, which his family have owned for one year, is currently being raided by police.
At a different press conference, ASIO Director-General Mike Burgess also confirmed one of the shooters had been known to intelligence agencies.
“Like NSW Police, one of these individuals was known to us, but not in an immediate threat perspective. So obviously, we need to look into what happened here,” he said.

The incident took place on a bridge near Bondi Beach | GETTY
Commissioner Lanyon confirmed they will “make sure no stone is left unturned” regarding a potential third gunman, adding police are investigating “thoroughly” any other people linked to the shooting.
“I have also authorised special powers … to ensure that if there is a third offender, and we are currently investigating that at the moment, we will make sure that we prevent any further activity,” he said.
“There is a massive police response, and I think as journalists you have seen how quickly and promptly the police responded.”
It is the worst mass shooting in Australia since the 1996 Port Arthur massacre.
News
A surprising detail from the past has emerged about — and it’s caught royal fans completely off guard
Princess Kate’s surprising link to Downton Abbey star revealed Though she’s now happily married to Prince William, the Princess of Wales once reportedly had a crush on an actor that many of us will have seen on screen… any years…
Prince William shared a heartfelt message about Kate on a special live radio broadcast — and it touched the hearts of listener
Prince William says family ‘couldn’t cope without’ Kate during cancer treatment on live radio appearance The Prince of Wales has joined Amanda Holden and Jamie Theakston on Heart FM from the Isles of Scilly for a special live broadcast rince…
Eyebrows are being raised over fresh comments. Mike Tindall has reportedly taken subtle swipes at Prince Andrew and Prince Harry — sparking speculation about underlying tensions
Mike Tindall takes swipes at Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and Prince Harry Mike Tindall revealed he had been warned against discussing the former Duke of York Mike Tindall has took swipes at Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and Prince Harry during an appearance at the…
An unexpected performance is stealing the spotlight. King Charles surprised locals by playing a ukulele as his visit to Northern Ireland came to an end.
King Charles shocks locals with ukulele solo as Northern Ireland trip concludes The monarch performed in front of a crowd on the final day of his three-day trip with Queen Camilla King Charles demonstrated his musical talents during the final…
A rare insight is shedding light on royal life. A close friend of Princess Kate has revealed how she’s coping amid what’s being described as “unprecedented turbulence” within the royal family
Princess Kate’s close friend reveals how she’s dealing with ‘unprecedented turbulence’ in royal family The Princess of Wales made a return to official visits abroad with her trip to Reggio Emilia in Italy last week – and it has a…
ROYAL CELEBRATION TAKES A TOLL: PRINCE WILLIAM ‘LOSES HIS VOICE’ AFTER ASTON VILLA TRIUMPH
Prince William ‘lost his voice’ following night celebrating Aston Villa triumph The Prince of Wales was spotted enjoying celebrations following Villa’s triumph last night… and he was paying the price for it this morning The Prince of Wales revealed today…
End of content
No more pages to load