The former duchess is understood to be searching for a separate residence
Sarah Ferguson has been described as a “fighter” by an insider following her public downfall towards the end of last year.
Her ex-husband, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, was compelled to relinquish his lease on Royal Lodge, the 30-room Windsor mansion where he has resided for over 20 years.
The former Duke of York received orders from King Charles in late October 2025 to vacate the property, bringing an end to what royal insiders termed the “siege of Royal Lodge.”
This protracted dispute between the brothers had lasted months, with Andrew and Sarah believing they could hold their ground by citing the long-term lease agreement.

‘Fighter’ Sarah Ferguson set to follow independent path after Royal Lodge exit
| GETTY
“[Andrew and Sarah] were relying on [the Royal Family] leaving them at Royal Lodge and fought very hard to stay there,” claimed royal biographer Robert Jobson.
The directive came after King Charles removed Andrew’s remaining royal titles and honours amid continuing scrutiny of his Jeffrey Epstein connections.
Andrew is expected to settle in a private property on the Sandringham estate that has been offered to him.
Sarah, who shared Royal Lodge with her former husband since 2008 despite their 1996 divorce, is now pursuing her own independent path.

The former duke is set to leave Royal Lodge by Easter | REUTERS
The former duchess is searching for a separate residence, potentially in the Windsor area, and is reportedly focusing on reviving her business interests and writing career.
“She’s a fighter,” a source close to Fergie told People.
Mr Jobson, whose book Windsor Legacy was released on January 6, has followed Sarah’s journey on the periphery of royal life for decades and expressed understanding for her situation.
“When she was divorced [from Andrew], her financial settlement was not huge, unlike Princess Diana’s, and she was introduced to this lifestyle and lived it in a way that almost bamboozled her and has been in incredible debt ever since. She never got the payoff she should have got,” he told the publication.

An aerial shot of Royal Lodge – soon to be Andrew and Fergie’s former home
|
REUTERS

Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson divorced in 1996 | GETTY
The couple spent Christmas together at Royal Lodge, while their daughters Princess Beatrice, 37, and Princess Eugenie, 35, joined the wider royal family at Sandringham as guests of King Charles.
Mr Jobson suggests this should not be interpreted as a slight against their parents.
“It’s easy to say this is a snub to their parents, but they would say, ‘I’m a royal princess, I’m in line to the throne, I have been invited to attend the King’s Christmas celebrations, and you don’t turn down the King’s invitation,'” he explained. “It’s not an invitation, it’s a command, really.”
Nevertheless, family bonds remain intact. Fergie and Andrew attended the christening of Beatrice’s daughter Athena at St James’s Palace on December 12, though they maintained a low profile and departed without joining the subsequent celebrations.
News
ROYAL CELEBRATION TAKES A TOLL: PRINCE WILLIAM ‘LOSES HIS VOICE’ AFTER ASTON VILLA TRIUMPH
Prince William ‘lost his voice’ following night celebrating Aston Villa triumph The Prince of Wales was spotted enjoying celebrations following Villa’s triumph last night… and he was paying the price for it this morning The Prince of Wales revealed today…
“Vanished Without a Trace” – CCTV Footage of Devon Teen Sparks Chilling New Theory After 12 Days of Silence
Large-scale search continues to find missing teen Taylor Charlton was last seen on CCTV on 8 May in Barnstaple Detectives say a large-scale police investigation is continuing as part of efforts to find a missing Devon teenager. Devon and Cornwall…
Two minutes ago: King Charles and Queen Camilla planted a symbolic tree in Northern Ireland — Royal Garden Party takes meaningful turn
King Charles and Queen Camilla plant royal tree at Northern Ireland garden party The couple have enjoyed an action-packed two days in Northern Ireland The King and Queen attended a garden party at Hillsborough Castle this afternoon, on the second…
Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank were seen leaving Kensington Palace for a late-night outing at a private Mayfair club — and royal watchers are already buzzing
Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank take 20-minute drive from Kensington Palace to Mayfair club The pregnant royal is expecting her third child this summer Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank stepped out for an evening at the exclusive Mayfair venue Oswald’s…
ROYAL TIMING RAISES EYEBROWS: DUCHESS OF EDINBURGH SPOTTED IN GENEVA JUST DAYS AFTER MEGHAN’S EXIT A curious coincidence that’s getting people talking
Duchess of Edinburgh pictured in Geneva just days after Meghan Markle’s departure The Duchess of Sussex attended the inauguration of The Lost Screen Memorial on Sunday The Duchess of Edinburgh made an appearance at the World Health Assembly in Geneva…
UNDERWATER HORROR — Divers tragically d!3 in cave incident in the Maldives after being “sucked in” and unable to escape
UNDERWATER HORROR Maldives divers ‘were sucked into the cave & unable to swim out before running out of air’ – as final bodies recovered FIVE Italian divers who drowned in a tragic Maldives expedition may have been sucked into a…
End of content
No more pages to load