THE embattled sheriff leading the Nancy Guthrie case has been slammed with a $1million lawsuit.

Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos has been under fire as the Guthrie case is still unsolved over a month after the 84-year-old went missing.

The 84-year-old is the mother of TV host Savannah Guthrie
Nancy, the mother of Today co-anchor Savannah Guthrie, disappeared from her home on Feb. 1.
A ransom note became public the next day, demanding millions of dollars in Bitcoin.
Since then, Savannah has publicly pleaded for anyone with information to come forward, with no luck.
Now, the sheriff working on the case has been hit with a $1.35million suit by Pima County Jail inmate Christopher Michael Marx for a different incident, according to Newsweek.
The lawsuit, filed last week, claimed that a sheriff deputy had been working in between two units at the jail, including one area where another inmate had COVID-19.
“This deputy was going back and forth working both units; our unit was on lockdown because this deputy was working both units,” the lawsuit said, according to the outlet.
Marx said that the officer did not disinfect himself in-between switching units, putting his “life in jeopardy with their action, constantly.”
“I could have died,” Marx wrote.
The inmate claimed that the department violated Article Two of the Arizona State Constitution, the Declaration of Rights.
Alongside an apology from the sheriff, Marx is seeking the large sum of cash to buy apartments for unhoused people.
According to Newsweek, in 2024, Marx was found guilty of shoplifting.
The Guthrie case
Nanos has faced intense pressure from the public to find Savannah’s mother, a case that has caught the attention of millions.
Former prosecutor Lindsay Richards told the US Sun that the FBI should have been looped into the investigation much earlier, and that Nanos appeared “overwhelmed.”
“Why did it take that long? It should not have taken that long,” she said.
“People should be working around the clock and even reverse geo tracking of phone numbers and stuff like that, yes, that is very time-intensive, but there should be so many people working on it that we can get it done faster.”
In response to a report that Nanos had misrepresented his work history on his resume, the top cop told the AZ Republic:
“That’s your ‘urgent’ request? You sure you don’t want to go back to my high school and ask why I got swats from the principal? Good luck with your hit piece.”
Savannah and her siblings have made numerous videos pleading for information in the case, to no avail.
Nanos has come under fire for his investigation into Nancy Guthrie’s disappearance
News
Meghan Markle is once again in the headlines, with reports claiming she continues to seek publicity online despite recently speaking out against social media during an appearance in Geneva
Meghan Markle ‘seeks publicity’ online despite recent attack on social media in Geneva The Duchess of Sussex addressed a crowd in Switzerland on the perils of social media yesterday evening Meghan Markle “seeks publicity” online, a royal commentator has claimed,…
PRIVATE LIFE FIRST: Dara Huang OPENS UP ABOUT WHY Princess Beatrice’S STEPSON IS KEPT OUT OF THE SPOTLIGHT
Wolfie has been seen at Sandringham and the Princess of Wales’s annual carol service Dara Huang has offered a rare insight into how she protects her son, Christopher “Wolfie” Woolf Mapelli Mozzi. The mother-of-one revealed that she deliberately avoids sharing…
Royal Frenzy in Italy: Catherine, Princess of Wales, Stirring Up Crowds – But Her Real Mission Has Only Just Begun 🇮🇹
Princess of Wales draws screaming crowds in Italy as Catherine’s real mission begins The future queen showed how she plans to turn global fascination into lasting change There is no doubt that the Princess of Wales is an international icon….
Trouble continues to mount for Prince Andrew as new action is reportedly being taken to remove one of his remaining public honours
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor suffers fresh blow as action taken to strip former duke of Freedom honour The censure motion will come before the Court of Common Council at its meeting on May 21 The City of London Corporation has decided to…
What’s behind the fresh new look? Meghan Markle has sparked buzz after updating her profile picture and giving both her Instagram and As Ever website a noticeable refresh.
Meghan Markle in major rebrand as Duchess changes profile picture The Duchess of Sussex has given her Instagram and As Ever website a new look. Meghan Markle had a major rebrand (Image: Getty) Meghan Markle has updated her Instagram profile picture for…
“SILENCE SPEAKS VOLUMES…” — Meghan Faces Backlash Over Mother’s Day Post
Meghan Slammed After Leaving Doria Ragland Out of Mother’s Day Tribute: ‘Silence Speaks Volumes’ Meghan Markle’s Mother’s Day silence is being dissected by royal watchers following her latest brand expansion. Meghan Markle and her mother, Doria Ragland, at an event…
End of content
No more pages to load