Prince William and Princess Kate had originally planned to raise their children at Royal Lodge, it has been reported.

Adelaide Cottage was ‘never in Kate and William’s original plan’, a source has said (Image: GETTY)
Adelaide Cottage was reportedly never in Prince William and Princess Kate’s “original plan” as the couple were forced to “compromise”, according to royal sources. Kate and William, both 43, are said to have wanted to raise their three children at Royal Lodge, but Prince Andrew refused to move out.
The couple moved into Adelaide Cottage in 2022, but only because their original choice appeared impossible to secure. Following their move from Kensington Palace, Kate and William are said to have wanted to move into the 30-room Royal Lodge with Prince George, 12, Princess Charlotte, 10, and seven-year-old Prince Louis.
Adelaide Cottage is located around three miles from Royal Lodge, which is where Andrew and his ex-wife, Sarah Ferguson, have been living since 2003.
Speaking to the Mail on Sunday, a royal source said: “Them going into Adelaide Cottage was never the plan. But they were forced to because Prince Andrew wouldn’t shift.”
With their move from Adelaide Cottage taking place very soon, the family-of-five will be moving to Forest Logde.
The move is said to be taking place in the upcoming school holidays, a perfect time for George, Charlotte and Louis to adjust to their new home.
Forest Lodge, much like Royal Lodge, is located in peaceful surroundings, with plenty of woodlands and open space nearby.

Kate and William will be moving into Forest Lodge with their children soon (Image: GETTY)
The eight-bedroom Georgian mansion will reportedly allow the family to have a “fresh start”.
A well-placed royal source said the couple are relocating in an effort to start a new chapter, as the last few years have been marked by personal challenges.
The source said: “It’s not just about her [Kate’s] cancer, the Queen died while they were living at Adelaide, and there were all the attacks from California. They both want a fresh start, and moving to Forest Lodge offers them that.”
News
A surprising detail from the past has emerged about — and it’s caught royal fans completely off guard
Princess Kate’s surprising link to Downton Abbey star revealed Though she’s now happily married to Prince William, the Princess of Wales once reportedly had a crush on an actor that many of us will have seen on screen… any years…
Prince William shared a heartfelt message about Kate on a special live radio broadcast — and it touched the hearts of listener
Prince William says family ‘couldn’t cope without’ Kate during cancer treatment on live radio appearance The Prince of Wales has joined Amanda Holden and Jamie Theakston on Heart FM from the Isles of Scilly for a special live broadcast rince…
Eyebrows are being raised over fresh comments. Mike Tindall has reportedly taken subtle swipes at Prince Andrew and Prince Harry — sparking speculation about underlying tensions
Mike Tindall takes swipes at Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and Prince Harry Mike Tindall revealed he had been warned against discussing the former Duke of York Mike Tindall has took swipes at Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and Prince Harry during an appearance at the…
An unexpected performance is stealing the spotlight. King Charles surprised locals by playing a ukulele as his visit to Northern Ireland came to an end.
King Charles shocks locals with ukulele solo as Northern Ireland trip concludes The monarch performed in front of a crowd on the final day of his three-day trip with Queen Camilla King Charles demonstrated his musical talents during the final…
A rare insight is shedding light on royal life. A close friend of Princess Kate has revealed how she’s coping amid what’s being described as “unprecedented turbulence” within the royal family
Princess Kate’s close friend reveals how she’s dealing with ‘unprecedented turbulence’ in royal family The Princess of Wales made a return to official visits abroad with her trip to Reggio Emilia in Italy last week – and it has a…
ROYAL CELEBRATION TAKES A TOLL: PRINCE WILLIAM ‘LOSES HIS VOICE’ AFTER ASTON VILLA TRIUMPH
Prince William ‘lost his voice’ following night celebrating Aston Villa triumph The Prince of Wales was spotted enjoying celebrations following Villa’s triumph last night… and he was paying the price for it this morning The Prince of Wales revealed today…
End of content
No more pages to load