Prince William has revealed that he and Princess Kate are “strict” about keeping their children away from mobile phones as part of efforts to maintain a stable home life.
In a candid interview with Canadian actor Eugene Levy for the series The Reluctant Traveler, the Prince of Wales said Prince George, 12, Princess Charlotte, 10, and Prince Louis, seven, are not allowed to have their own devices.
“None of our children have any phones, which we’re very strict about,” he told Mr Levy.
He explained that the family of five eat dinner together most evenings, saying: “To sit and chat is really important.”
William said he believes creating a “happy, healthy, stable home” is essential for the future.
“Everything is about the future and about if you don’t start the children off now with a happy, healthy, stable home, I feel you’re setting them up for a bit of a hard time and a fall,” he added.
The Prince of Wales explained that both he and the Princess of Wales make time to carry out the school run.
He said they do drop-offs and pick-ups “most days”, describing how he arranges official duties around his children’s education.

Prince William says George, Charlotte and Louis are banned from having mobile phones| PA
Balancing his public responsibilities with parenting, he admitted, can be challenging.
William said that family life often weighs more heavily on him than his constitutional role.
He told Mr Levy that “worry and stress around family” was far more likely to “overwhelm” him than the expectation of one day becoming King.
During the interview, filmed at Windsor Castle in February and released on October 3, William also reflected on the importance of modernising the monarchy.

George, Charlotte and Louis all attend Lambrook School | GETTY
He said: “Tradition has a huge part of all this. But there’s also points where you look at tradition and go, ‘Is that still fit for purpose today?
“‘Is that still the right thing to do? Are we still doing and having the most impact we could be having?’”
The Prince acknowledged the challenges of the past 12 months, describing the period between 2023 and 2024 as “the hardest year that I’ve ever had.”
He said: “Trying to sort of balance protecting the children, Catherine—my father [King Charles] needs a bit of protection, but he’s, you know, he’s old enough to do that himself, as well.
“But it’s important my family feel protected and have the space to process a lot of the stuff that’s gone on last year, and that was tricky trying to do that and keep doing the job.
“But, you know, we all have challenges that come our way, and it’s important to keep going.”
The Prince of Wales spoke openly about his determination to provide stability for his children while also preparing for his future role.
His remarks highlighted the balance he seeks to strike between private family life and public duty.
The interview formed part of Mr Levy’s travel series, which featured a special episode filmed in the UK.
News
A surprising royal connection could be on the cards. Prince George and Wolfie may end up attending the same school as Princess Beatrice explores options for her stepson
George and Wolfie could attend same school as Princess Beatrice considers options for stepson The location would prove convenient for Beatrice’s stepson, Wolfie Princess Beatrice has been exploring Eton College as a potential secondary school for her 10-year-old stepson Wolfie,…
A surprising detail from the past has emerged about — and it’s caught royal fans completely off guard
Princess Kate’s surprising link to Downton Abbey star revealed Though she’s now happily married to Prince William, the Princess of Wales once reportedly had a crush on an actor that many of us will have seen on screen… any years…
Prince William shared a heartfelt message about Kate on a special live radio broadcast — and it touched the hearts of listener
Prince William says family ‘couldn’t cope without’ Kate during cancer treatment on live radio appearance The Prince of Wales has joined Amanda Holden and Jamie Theakston on Heart FM from the Isles of Scilly for a special live broadcast rince…
Eyebrows are being raised over fresh comments. Mike Tindall has reportedly taken subtle swipes at Prince Andrew and Prince Harry — sparking speculation about underlying tensions
Mike Tindall takes swipes at Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and Prince Harry Mike Tindall revealed he had been warned against discussing the former Duke of York Mike Tindall has took swipes at Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and Prince Harry during an appearance at the…
An unexpected performance is stealing the spotlight. King Charles surprised locals by playing a ukulele as his visit to Northern Ireland came to an end.
King Charles shocks locals with ukulele solo as Northern Ireland trip concludes The monarch performed in front of a crowd on the final day of his three-day trip with Queen Camilla King Charles demonstrated his musical talents during the final…
A rare insight is shedding light on royal life. A close friend of Princess Kate has revealed how she’s coping amid what’s being described as “unprecedented turbulence” within the royal family
Princess Kate’s close friend reveals how she’s dealing with ‘unprecedented turbulence’ in royal family The Princess of Wales made a return to official visits abroad with her trip to Reggio Emilia in Italy last week – and it has a…
End of content
No more pages to load