Princess Kate and Prince William have installed a no-fly zone above their new home, Forest Lodge, according to new claims.
The Prince and Princess of Wales have established their residence at Forest Lodge in Windsor, implementing stringent protective measures around the eight-bedroom property.
The royal couple and their children, Princes George and Louis, alongside Princess Charlotte, completed their relocation from Adelaide Cottage before Guy Fawkes Night.
Aerial restrictions have been significantly broadened above the mansion, encompassing unmanned aircraft, traditional helicopters and hot-air balloons.

Forest Lodge placed under new restrictions after Princess Kate and Prince William’s move
 | PA / GETTY
The protective zone prevents photography from airborne devices that previously could approach near enough to capture images of the residence, according to reports in Hello!.
These heightened precautions reflect Prince William’s commitment to safeguarding his young family’s privacy.
The aviation notice extends the protected airspace by an additional three-quarters of a mile surrounding the property.
According to the formal notification to pilots, the zone prohibits “any small balloon, any kite, any UAS and any parachute, including any parascending parachute or paramotor.”

Prince William and Princess Kate have completed the move to Forest Lodge |Â GETTY
Currently designated as a temporary measure, the restriction remains in effect until January 21, though authorities anticipate converting it to permanent status thereafter.
The enhanced measures follow the couple’s successful legal action against a French magazine that published unauthorised photographs taken during a family skiing trip.
Royal residences under King Charles maintain comparable aerial restrictions, reflecting the monarchy’s response to advancing surveillance technology.
Windsor Great Park access has been permanently altered following the Waleses’ arrival, with Cranbourne Gate now closed to public use.

Workmen installing fencing on the perimeter of a new exclusion zone around Forest Lodge
 | PA
The Crown Estate issued a notice stating that the area would be designated as an exclusion zone, eliminating this entry point without prior public consultation.
The closure proceeded under provisions of the Serious Organised Crime and Police Act 2005, which grants protection to Crown properties belonging to the monarch or direct heir.
Some local residents expressed frustration regarding the sudden change, which affects their park access routes.
The security modifications form part of comprehensive preparations for the Waleses’ occupancy of their new residence.

A hallway inside Forest Lodge, Kate and William’s new home
 | PAThe move represents more than practical considerations for Kate and William, offering an opportunity to distance themselves from painful associations with Adelaide Cottage.
A source told Hello!: “Moving gives them an opportunity for a fresh start; an opportunity to leave some of the more unhappy memories behind.”
The family occupied Adelaide Cottage from 2022, but their tenure coincided with profound challenges. Queen Elizabeth II died mere weeks after their arrival, casting a shadow over their new home.
Subsequently, the Princess of Wales received her cancer diagnosis in 2024 whilst residing at the property. The source added: “They are looking forward to creating many happy family memories in their new home.”
News
A surprising detail from the past has emerged about â and itâs caught royal fans completely off guard
Princess Kate’s surprising link to Downton Abbey star revealed Though she’s now happily married to Prince William, the Princess of Wales once reportedly had a crush on an actor that many of us will have seen on screen⊠any years…
Prince William shared a heartfelt message about Kate on a special live radio broadcast â and it touched the hearts of listener
Prince William says family ‘couldn’t cope without’ Kate during cancer treatment on live radio appearance The Prince of Wales has joined Amanda Holden and Jamie Theakston on Heart FM from the Isles of Scilly for a special live broadcast rince…
Eyebrows are being raised over fresh comments. Mike Tindall has reportedly taken subtle swipes at Prince Andrew and Prince Harry â sparking speculation about underlying tensions
Mike Tindall takes swipes at Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and Prince Harry Mike Tindall revealed he had been warned against discussing the former Duke of York Mike Tindall has took swipes at Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and Prince Harry during an appearance at the…
An unexpected performance is stealing the spotlight. King Charles surprised locals by playing a ukulele as his visit to Northern Ireland came to an end.
King Charles shocks locals with ukulele solo as Northern Ireland trip concludes The monarch performed in front of a crowd on the final day of his three-day trip with Queen Camilla King Charles demonstrated his musical talents during the final…
A rare insight is shedding light on royal life. A close friend of Princess Kate has revealed how sheâs coping amid whatâs being described as âunprecedented turbulenceâ within the royal family
Princess Kate’s close friend reveals how she’s dealing with ‘unprecedented turbulence’ in royal family The Princess of Wales made a return to official visits abroad with her trip to Reggio Emilia in Italy last week â and it has a…
ROYAL CELEBRATION TAKES A TOLL: PRINCE WILLIAM âLOSES HIS VOICEâ AFTER ASTON VILLA TRIUMPH
Prince William ‘lost his voice’ following night celebrating Aston Villa triumph The Prince of Wales was spotted enjoying celebrations following Villa’s triumph last night… and he was paying the price for it this morning The Prince of Wales revealed today…
End of content
No more pages to load