The former Duchess of York has reportedly received a series of offers
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor could be stripped of his final honour in another humiliating blow for the former royal, as his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson reportedly considers offers for a tell-all television interview.
The former Duke of York still holds the Freedom of the City of London, but red tape means he still has the position.
City of London Corporation bosses have held talks about relinquishing Andrew’s titles, as revealed by The Sun.
A spokesman for the City of London Corporation said: “Andrew received the honour by virtue of patrimony, which is inherited as the child of a Freeman.

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor could lose the Freedom of the City of London| PA
“Applications via patrimony are not considered by our elected members.
“The City Corporation is listening and will continue to listen to concerns raised.
“And it will carefully consider the rules that govern how a Freedom is given – and the circumstances in which, and procedure by which, it can be removed.”
It comes as it was revealed American channels are considering paying Sarah Ferguson a six-figure sum to have a conversation with the former Duchess of York.

American channels are considering paying Sarah Ferguson a six-figure sum| GETTY
A source said Fergie’s team has received “significant” bids from American channels.
One insider said: “Sarah and her team have had offers from all over the world for a sit-down. So she’s thinking things over very carefully.
“She and her team know a televised interview would be make or break for her in terms of salvaging her reputation.
“It would also give her the chance to spell out the fact she knew nothing about what (Jeffrey) Epstein and his associates were doing in terms of abusing girls.

One insider told The Sun: ‘Sarah and her team have had offers from all over the world for a sit-down’| GETTY
“Sarah is actually quite keen to answer questions as she strongly believes she’s done nothing wrong, and been harshly treated.”
It follows Andrew missing the deadline to respond to the US Congress about his links to the late paedophile Jeffrey Epstein.
The former prince was given until November 20 to respond to a request to testify before the House Oversight Committee.
Some 16 members of Congress sent the letter to the former duke, which read: “The committee is seeking to uncover the identities of Mr Epstein’s co-conspirators and enablers, and to understand the full extent of his criminal operations.

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor had his royal titles removed in October | GETTY
“Well-documented allegations against you, along with your long-standing friendship with Mr Epstein, indicate that you may possess knowledge of his activities relevant to our investigation.
“In the interest of justice for the victims of Jeffrey Epstein, we request that you cooperate with the committee’s investigation by sitting for a transcribed interview with the committee.”
Andrew has denied all allegations against him and the Metropolitan Police previously considered the sexual assault claims were not sufficient to warrant further investigation.
Democrat Congressman Raja Krishnamoorthi told the former prince to “come clean” when the request was issued on November 6.
“Come clean. Come before the US Congress, voluntarily testify,” he told BBC Newsnight.
Andrew was stripped of his titles earlier this month, with a statement from Buckingham Palace, reading: “His Majesty has today initiated a formal process to remove the Style, Titles and Honours of Prince Andrew.
“Prince Andrew will now be known as Andrew Mountbatten Windsor. His lease on Royal Lodge has, to date, provided him with legal protection to continue in residence.
“Formal notice has now been served to surrender the lease, and he will move to alternative private accommodation. These censures are deemed necessary, notwithstanding the fact that he continues to deny the allegations against him.”
GB News has contacted both Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and Sarah Ferguson’s teams for comment.
News
A surprising detail from the past has emerged about — and it’s caught royal fans completely off guard
Princess Kate’s surprising link to Downton Abbey star revealed Though she’s now happily married to Prince William, the Princess of Wales once reportedly had a crush on an actor that many of us will have seen on screen… any years…
Prince William shared a heartfelt message about Kate on a special live radio broadcast — and it touched the hearts of listener
Prince William says family ‘couldn’t cope without’ Kate during cancer treatment on live radio appearance The Prince of Wales has joined Amanda Holden and Jamie Theakston on Heart FM from the Isles of Scilly for a special live broadcast rince…
Eyebrows are being raised over fresh comments. Mike Tindall has reportedly taken subtle swipes at Prince Andrew and Prince Harry — sparking speculation about underlying tensions
Mike Tindall takes swipes at Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and Prince Harry Mike Tindall revealed he had been warned against discussing the former Duke of York Mike Tindall has took swipes at Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and Prince Harry during an appearance at the…
An unexpected performance is stealing the spotlight. King Charles surprised locals by playing a ukulele as his visit to Northern Ireland came to an end.
King Charles shocks locals with ukulele solo as Northern Ireland trip concludes The monarch performed in front of a crowd on the final day of his three-day trip with Queen Camilla King Charles demonstrated his musical talents during the final…
A rare insight is shedding light on royal life. A close friend of Princess Kate has revealed how she’s coping amid what’s being described as “unprecedented turbulence” within the royal family
Princess Kate’s close friend reveals how she’s dealing with ‘unprecedented turbulence’ in royal family The Princess of Wales made a return to official visits abroad with her trip to Reggio Emilia in Italy last week – and it has a…
ROYAL CELEBRATION TAKES A TOLL: PRINCE WILLIAM ‘LOSES HIS VOICE’ AFTER ASTON VILLA TRIUMPH
Prince William ‘lost his voice’ following night celebrating Aston Villa triumph The Prince of Wales was spotted enjoying celebrations following Villa’s triumph last night… and he was paying the price for it this morning The Prince of Wales revealed today…
End of content
No more pages to load