The Duke of Sussex has announced a new trip just minutes after his brother, the Prince of Wales, carried out his first engagement in Brazil.

Prince Harry is travelling to Canada (Image: Getty)
Prince Harry has announced a trip to Toronto this week, just minutes after his estranged brother Prince William completed his first engagement in Brazil. The Duke of Sussex, who has long been criticised for undertaking trips and engagements at the same time as senior members of the Royal Family, is visiting Canada for its annual Remembrance period.
Harry will travel to Toronto, where he will meet with veterans, members of the armed forces community and military charities. The charities include the True Patriot Love Foundation, which invited him to Canada and The Halo Trust.
The Duke’s team have insisted the visit has been months in the planning and holds a special place in his heart.

Prince Harry will spend two days in Canada (Image: Getty)
A spokesperson said: “This visit, months in the planning, marks a return to a city that has a special place in the Duke’s heart, having played host to the Invictus Games back in 2017.”
Harry will attend a lunch with the military charity True Patriot Love Foundation on Wednesday and then a private fundraising function with the Halo Trust in the evening, the same day as William’s Earthshot Prize awards, the cornerstone of his ambitious drive to save the planet.
The next day, November 6, the duke will visit the Veterans Centre at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, one of the largest veteran care facilities in Canada, and then in the evening, attend the 17th annual True Patriot Love National Tribute Dinner in celebration of military members, veterans and their families.
The duke’s spokesperson said: “The events were planned nearly a year ago. The date of the main event, the dinner, is set by the charity, not Prince Harry.
“The period of Remembrancetide traditionally extends from the 1-11 November and has done since 1918, over 100 years. He can’t choose to move those dates.”
They said Harry was “not afforded the same level of security and protection as other “working’ members of the royal family”.
They added: “It means, therefore, that the period of time in which we can release details of events is much more truncated than it is for His Majesty the King or the Prince of Wales.
“We are always guided – as to when we can announce trips like this, by the advice given to us by his private security advisers and the event’s security team. This visit, months in the planning, marks a return to a city that has a special place in the Duke’s heart, having played host to the Invictus Games back in 2017.”
The duke has served in the British Armed Forces for ten years, between 2005 and 2015. He has also carried out two tours in Afghanistan between 2007 and 2013.
n 2014, he founded the Invictus Games, a multi-sport event held annually for wounded, injured and sick military service personnel.
Harry has long championed veterans and would annually attend commemorations with the rest of the Royal Family in the UK until his sensational exit in 2020.
Last year, he sent his annual letter to Scotty’s Little Soldiers, a charity based in King’s Lynn, Norfolk, ahead of Remembrance Sunday, and told military children that he understands “perhaps more than most, the weight of losing a parent at a young age”.
News
A surprising detail from the past has emerged about — and it’s caught royal fans completely off guard
Princess Kate’s surprising link to Downton Abbey star revealed Though she’s now happily married to Prince William, the Princess of Wales once reportedly had a crush on an actor that many of us will have seen on screen… any years…
Prince William shared a heartfelt message about Kate on a special live radio broadcast — and it touched the hearts of listener
Prince William says family ‘couldn’t cope without’ Kate during cancer treatment on live radio appearance The Prince of Wales has joined Amanda Holden and Jamie Theakston on Heart FM from the Isles of Scilly for a special live broadcast rince…
Eyebrows are being raised over fresh comments. Mike Tindall has reportedly taken subtle swipes at Prince Andrew and Prince Harry — sparking speculation about underlying tensions
Mike Tindall takes swipes at Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and Prince Harry Mike Tindall revealed he had been warned against discussing the former Duke of York Mike Tindall has took swipes at Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and Prince Harry during an appearance at the…
An unexpected performance is stealing the spotlight. King Charles surprised locals by playing a ukulele as his visit to Northern Ireland came to an end.
King Charles shocks locals with ukulele solo as Northern Ireland trip concludes The monarch performed in front of a crowd on the final day of his three-day trip with Queen Camilla King Charles demonstrated his musical talents during the final…
A rare insight is shedding light on royal life. A close friend of Princess Kate has revealed how she’s coping amid what’s being described as “unprecedented turbulence” within the royal family
Princess Kate’s close friend reveals how she’s dealing with ‘unprecedented turbulence’ in royal family The Princess of Wales made a return to official visits abroad with her trip to Reggio Emilia in Italy last week – and it has a…
ROYAL CELEBRATION TAKES A TOLL: PRINCE WILLIAM ‘LOSES HIS VOICE’ AFTER ASTON VILLA TRIUMPH
Prince William ‘lost his voice’ following night celebrating Aston Villa triumph The Prince of Wales was spotted enjoying celebrations following Villa’s triumph last night… and he was paying the price for it this morning The Prince of Wales revealed today…
End of content
No more pages to load