Following a horror week on NSW beaches, a frightening video of a shark leaping out of the water near a team of high school rowers in Sydney has surfaced.
Another shark scare has hit Sydney, as wild footage emerges of a huge shark leaping out of the water while a team of high school students row close by.
The shark, which is suspected to be a bull shark, breached the water on the Parramatta River at Silverwater on Monday.
It’s understood the children were Year 10 junior rowers from The King’s School and were taking part of holiday rowing camp.
“Holy f**k,” one person behind the camera said as they watch the shark leap out of the water and twist its body erratically.
The King’s School have issued a statement to parents, advising they are taking precautions since the sighting according to reports by 9News.
“On-water sessions will be cancelled if conditions pose an elevated risk of capsize,” the statement read, while small boat training on the water has been cancelled.
Footage has captured the moment a massive shark erupted from waters on Parramatta River, as school students watch on just metres away. Picture: Supplied.
It’s understood the rowers were part of a holiday rowing camp. Picture: Supplied
Popular Sydney beach under bull shark alert
Alarms have also gone off at a popular Sydney beach after reports of a bull shark swimming in the area on Thursday.
Lifeguards were forced to get everyone out of the water at Coogee Beach about 7am Thursday after reports of a bull shark.
Swimmers and surfers were told to exit the water while lifeguards investigated the sighting.
Alarms have gone off at Coogee beach after reports of a bull shark swimming in the area.
Footage shared on social media showed large waves crashing at the iconic Sydney beach as two people watched from the shore, with loud alarms ringing in the background.
Horror moment lifeguards force swimmers out of water at Coogee Beach after shark sighting
Lifeguards have forced…
Lifeguards could be heard ordering the swimmers to clear the water over loud speakers as beachgoers lay nearby on the sand.
“Attention form the lifeguards, we’ve had a number of reports of a bull shark in the area,” he said.
“So we do ask everyone in the water to please return to shore.”
Paddleboarders were urged to help swimmers exit the water.
“And for one of those board paddlers out there – one of the clubby boards – can you please paddle in with that guy swimming,” the lifeguard said.
“Stay safe.”
Swimmers were ordered out of the water on Thursday morning.
Alarms rang throughout the beach.
A Randwick City Council spokesperson confirmed there had been a shark sighting at the iconic beach at 7am Thursday.
“Our lifeguards immediately closed the beach and conducted a thorough search of the area using a jet ski,” they told NewsWire.
No sharks were located and the beach was reopened an hour later.
“Lifeguards will continue to monitor the ocean for sharks via jet skis and CCTV,” they said.
The council urged swimmers to check online if the local beaches were open and stay alert to “conditions that can attract sharks”.
“These include murky water after heavy rain or large swells, low‑light periods such as dawn and dusk, and areas with increased baitfish,” the spokesperson told NewsWire.
“Baitfish often appear as dark patches in the water and can be identified through increased bird activity.”
The Maroubra Community Facebook group urged visitors to “stay out of the water”.
A bull shark has reportedly been spotted at Coogee Beach. Picture: iStock
It comes after a horror week for NSW beaches, with four shark attacks in just a few days.
On Monday, 12-year-old Nico Antic was critically injured by a bull shark while jumping from rocks into Sydney Harbour at Shark Beach near Nielsen Park.
He suffered injuries to both his legs and was transported to the Children’s Hospital in Randwick, and remains fighting for life.
There have been four separate shark attacks in the span of three days. Picture: NewsWire / Gaye Gerard
The following morning, an 11-year-old escaped injury after he was knocked off his surfboard by a shark at a beach near Dee Why.
A few hours later, a 27-year-old musician sustained critical injuries after he was attacked by a shark at North Steyne Beach in Manly.
A 39-year-old was hospitalised on Tuesday morning after he was attacked by a shark in Point Plomer on the state’s North Coast, escaping serious injury.
Sydney’s Northern Beaches have been closed until Thursday.
News
A rare insight is shedding light on royal life. A close friend of Princess Kate has revealed how she’s coping amid what’s being described as “unprecedented turbulence” within the royal family
Princess Kate’s close friend reveals how she’s dealing with ‘unprecedented turbulence’ in royal family The Princess of Wales made a return to official visits abroad with her trip to Reggio Emilia in Italy last week – and it has a…
ROYAL CELEBRATION TAKES A TOLL: PRINCE WILLIAM ‘LOSES HIS VOICE’ AFTER ASTON VILLA TRIUMPH
Prince William ‘lost his voice’ following night celebrating Aston Villa triumph The Prince of Wales was spotted enjoying celebrations following Villa’s triumph last night… and he was paying the price for it this morning The Prince of Wales revealed today…
“Vanished Without a Trace” – CCTV Footage of Devon Teen Sparks Chilling New Theory After 12 Days of Silence
Large-scale search continues to find missing teen Taylor Charlton was last seen on CCTV on 8 May in Barnstaple Detectives say a large-scale police investigation is continuing as part of efforts to find a missing Devon teenager. Devon and Cornwall…
Two minutes ago: King Charles and Queen Camilla planted a symbolic tree in Northern Ireland — Royal Garden Party takes meaningful turn
King Charles and Queen Camilla plant royal tree at Northern Ireland garden party The couple have enjoyed an action-packed two days in Northern Ireland The King and Queen attended a garden party at Hillsborough Castle this afternoon, on the second…
Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank were seen leaving Kensington Palace for a late-night outing at a private Mayfair club — and royal watchers are already buzzing
Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank take 20-minute drive from Kensington Palace to Mayfair club The pregnant royal is expecting her third child this summer Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank stepped out for an evening at the exclusive Mayfair venue Oswald’s…
ROYAL TIMING RAISES EYEBROWS: DUCHESS OF EDINBURGH SPOTTED IN GENEVA JUST DAYS AFTER MEGHAN’S EXIT A curious coincidence that’s getting people talking
Duchess of Edinburgh pictured in Geneva just days after Meghan Markle’s departure The Duchess of Sussex attended the inauguration of The Lost Screen Memorial on Sunday The Duchess of Edinburgh made an appearance at the World Health Assembly in Geneva…
End of content
No more pages to load