The King’s brother is now formally known as Andrew Mountbatten Windsor
Andrew Mountbatten Windsor is expected to face a largely solitary festive period at Sandringham this year, while his daughters Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie join the wider royal gathering, according to new claims.
Princess Beatrice, 37, and Princess Eugenie, 35, are understood to be planning to attend the traditional celebrations on the Norfolk estate.
Their continued presence at Sandringham indicates they remain firmly connected to the core family circle.
Their mother, Sarah Ferguson, 66, who still resides at Royal Lodge, is said to be considering alternative arrangements and weighing invitations to spend Christmas with friends, including the possibility of travelling abroad.

Beatrice and Eugenie ‘still in royal fold’ with King as Andrew faces Christmas ‘conundrum’
| INSTAGRAM: PRINCESS EUGENIE
Royal household staff are reportedly discussing how best to ensure Andrew is not left entirely alone during the season.
Either Prince Edward, 61, or Princess Anne, 75, may be asked to provide company for part of the festive period.
The King is thought to favour a family member being with his brother, presenting a delicate logistical and personal question for Palace officials.
Andrew’s circumstances follow the formal removal of his remaining royal styles and titles this autumn.

Andrew Mountbatten Windsor is set to lose a lot of his compensation when he leaves Royal Lodge | PA
A source told The Sun: “It is a conundrum what they do with Andrew this Christmas.
“No one wants to be seen with him, and the family have pretty much given up on him.
“Beatrice and Eugenie are very likely to be at Sandringham, as they are very much still in the royal fold.
“Although Sarah is still living at Royal Lodge, she is weighing up invitations to spend it with friends, including possibly going abroad.

Andrew Mountbatten Windsor speaking to the crowds at Sandringham in 2022
| PA
“But Andrew is being exiled from the Royal Family, so they don’t want to leave him on his own.”
On November 6, 2025, the official public record, The Gazette, confirmed that Letters Patent had been issued under the Great Seal of the Realm, declaring that Andrew “shall no longer be entitled to hold and enjoy the style, title or attribute of ‘Royal Highness’ and the titular dignity of ‘Prince’.”
He is now formally known as Andrew Mountbatten Windsor. Andrew also relinquished the Duke of York title and other honorary roles in October.
Buckingham Palace confirmed that he will leave Royal Lodge, with notice having been served to surrender the lease. Discussions are ongoing regarding alternative accommodation.
Royal biographer Ingrid Seward commented: “It is a very difficult situation with Andrew and Christmas. But I cannot see them leaving him on his own – someone will scoop him up.”

Andrew Mountbatten Windsor pictured beside King Charles at the Duchess of Kent’s funeral
| PAPublic scrutiny intensified earlier this year after it was revealed that Andrew had remained in contact with Jeffrey Epstein beyond the date publicly acknowledged at the time.
In a posthumous memoir published last month, Virginia Giuffre repeated allegations that, as a teenager, she had sex with Andrew. Andrew has always strenuously denied the claims.
Last week, members of the US Congress requested his cooperation with their ongoing inquiries into Epstein’s network.
Meanwhile, Liberal Democrat MPs are preparing to call for a House of Commons debate examining Andrew’s conduct and the circumstances surrounding his departure from Royal Lodge.
News
A surprising detail from the past has emerged about — and it’s caught royal fans completely off guard
Princess Kate’s surprising link to Downton Abbey star revealed Though she’s now happily married to Prince William, the Princess of Wales once reportedly had a crush on an actor that many of us will have seen on screen… any years…
Prince William shared a heartfelt message about Kate on a special live radio broadcast — and it touched the hearts of listener
Prince William says family ‘couldn’t cope without’ Kate during cancer treatment on live radio appearance The Prince of Wales has joined Amanda Holden and Jamie Theakston on Heart FM from the Isles of Scilly for a special live broadcast rince…
Eyebrows are being raised over fresh comments. Mike Tindall has reportedly taken subtle swipes at Prince Andrew and Prince Harry — sparking speculation about underlying tensions
Mike Tindall takes swipes at Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and Prince Harry Mike Tindall revealed he had been warned against discussing the former Duke of York Mike Tindall has took swipes at Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and Prince Harry during an appearance at the…
An unexpected performance is stealing the spotlight. King Charles surprised locals by playing a ukulele as his visit to Northern Ireland came to an end.
King Charles shocks locals with ukulele solo as Northern Ireland trip concludes The monarch performed in front of a crowd on the final day of his three-day trip with Queen Camilla King Charles demonstrated his musical talents during the final…
A rare insight is shedding light on royal life. A close friend of Princess Kate has revealed how she’s coping amid what’s being described as “unprecedented turbulence” within the royal family
Princess Kate’s close friend reveals how she’s dealing with ‘unprecedented turbulence’ in royal family The Princess of Wales made a return to official visits abroad with her trip to Reggio Emilia in Italy last week – and it has a…
ROYAL CELEBRATION TAKES A TOLL: PRINCE WILLIAM ‘LOSES HIS VOICE’ AFTER ASTON VILLA TRIUMPH
Prince William ‘lost his voice’ following night celebrating Aston Villa triumph The Prince of Wales was spotted enjoying celebrations following Villa’s triumph last night… and he was paying the price for it this morning The Prince of Wales revealed today…
End of content
No more pages to load