Prince Harry’s hopes of summer King Charles reunion shot down in 5-word verdict
The comment comes amid speculation that Prince Harry ‘would love’ to spend more time with his father this summer.
Gurkha 200 Pageant
Prince Harry pictured with his father before their separation (Image: Getty)
A royal insider has commented with scepticism on Prince Harry’s possible reunion with King Charles. The comment comes amid speculations that Harry and his family might visit his father this summer. It comes as a source close to Harry was quoted in the Sunday Times, saying: “If the King was to say, ‘Come up and spend some time with the family’, he’d love that.” According to associates, Harry would welcome an invitation to join the King at Sandringham this summer, potentially bringing Meghan and their two children with him during his planned visit to the UK in July for Invictus Games-related engagements.
This reflects the Duke of Sussex’s hope for reconciliation with his father. However, sources close to the King remain cautious, pointing out a long-standing pattern of media briefings and public disclosures linked to Harry’s camp as a major obstacle to rebuilding trust.
TOPSHOT-BRITAIN-ROYALS-QUEEN
Prince Harry and Meghan stepped back as senior members of the Royal Family in 2020 (Image: Getty)
One royal source suggested that if Harry genuinely wants to repair relations, efforts should be made to keep discussions private rather than playing out in public.
A friend of the King told the Daily Mail that “low trust and bitter experience” are still the main barriers to any substantial improvement.
The source said: “If Harry truly wishes to see his father, he would do well to encourage his supporters to allow such matters to be discussed privately, since low trust and bitter experience in this regard remains one of the principal barriers to progress.”
The relationship has been strained by limited contact in recent years, with Harry reportedly seeing his father only twice in the past two years.
They last saw each other on September 10 last year, for a 50-minute meeting over tea at Clarence House while the prince was in the UK for engagements connected with his patronages. It was their first meeting in 19 months.
The latest news and gossip from the Royal Family plus selected offers and competitions Invalid email
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. Read our Privacy Policy
Tensions between the two camps escalated by a series of the prince’s public criticisms of the royal family, including high-profile interviews and Harry’s memoir Spare.
Another key issue complicating any potential reunion is security. Harry is still awaiting a decision from the Royal and VIP Executive Committee (RAVEC) regarding the level of police protection he and his family would receive while in the UK – an issue that remains key to his willingness to travel with his family.
News
FAMILY OF TEEN OFFENDER K!LLED IN ST0LEN UTE CRASH HITS BACK AT CRITICS — CALL HIM A ‘BEAUTIFUL YOUNG MAN’
Family of notorious teen offender killed in fatal stolen ute crash hit back at his critics A notorious teen offender who was killed in a horror crash in an allegedly stolen ute over the weekend has been remembered as a…
FAMILY OF TEEN OFFENDER K!LLED IN ST0LEN UTE CRASH HITS BACK AT CRITICS — CALL HIM A ‘BEAUTIFUL YOUNG MAN’
Family of notorious teen offender killed in fatal stolen ute crash hit back at his critics A notorious teen offender who was killed in a horror crash in an allegedly stolen ute over the weekend has been remembered as a…
HEARTBREAKING NEWS: HERO SECURITY GUARD WHO D!ED TRYING TO SAVE WORSHIPPERS IN SAN DIEGO MOSQUE ATTACK IDENTIFIED AS FATHER OF EIGHT
Hero security guard who died trying to save others in San Diego mosque shooting identified as father of eight children A heroic security guard died while trying to save others when a pair of teenagers opened fire at a mosque in…
HERO SECURITY GUARD IDENTIFIED AFTER DEADLY MOSQUE SH00TING — COMMUNITY MOURNS MAN WHO ‘TRIED TO SAVE EVERYONE’
Hero security guard who died trying to save others in San Diego mosque shooting identified as father of eight children A heroic security guard died while trying to save others when a pair of teenagers opened fire at a mosque in…
MAN CHARGED WITH MURD3R AFTER WOMAN AND TWO YOUNG CHILDREN FOUND D3AD INSIDE CAMPBELLTOWN HOME
Campbeltown triple alleged murder: Md Shomon Ahamed is charged with murder after the bodies of woman and two children, aged 4 and 12, are found A Sydney man has been charged with murdering his partner and two children in an alleged domestic violence attack…
ANTHONY ALBANESE UNDER FIRE AFTER DISMISSING CALLS FOR FEMICIDE ROYAL COMMISSION — RADIO HOST’S EMOTIONAL RESPONSE SPARKS NATIONAL DEBATE
Two women killed in two murder-suicides on a single day – but ‘tone-deaf’ PM stuns radio host by dismissing calls for a royal commission Anthony Albanese has come under fire after dismissing calls for a royal commission into violence against women…
End of content
No more pages to load