
he Duke of Kent has carried out his first royal engagement weeks after the death of his wife, Katharine, Duchess of Kent.
According to the Court Circular, the official record of royal engagements, Prince Edward, 89, attended a concert in London on Tuesday (October 7).
The Duke of Kent, Queen Elizabeth II’s cousin, attended a concert at Wigmore Hall as patron of the venue.
The Duke of Kent attended a concert in London this week (Credit: Cover Images)
Duke of Kent carries out first engagement after Duchess of Kent’s death
According to reports, the Duke of Kent last made a royal outing in August. He presented the Duke of Kent medal to Mr James Malcolmson of The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards Regimental Association.
At the start of September, Buckingham Palace announced the death of the Duchess of Kent at the age of 92.
The Duke and Duchess of Kent had been married for 64 years, tying the knot in 1961.
The palace’s statement read: “It is with deep sorrow that Buckingham Palace announces the death of Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Kent.
“Her Royal Highness passed away peacefully at Kensington Palace, surrounded by her family.”
It added: “The King and Queen and all Members of The Royal Family join The Duke of Kent, his children and grandchildren in mourning their loss and remembering fondly The Duchess’s life-long devotion to all the organisations with which she was associated, her passion for music and her empathy for young people.”
The Duchess of Kent died in September (Credit: Photo by Shutterstock)
Duchess of Kent’s funeral
The duchess’ funeral service took place on September 16 at Westminster Cathedral.
The service was a Requiem Mass as the Duchess of Kent was Catholic. She became the first member of the royal family to convert to Catholicism for more than 300 years, doing so in 1994.
Her Royal Highness passed away peacefully at Kensington Palace.
Her funeral service marked the first royal funeral at Westminster Cathedral since 1903 when it was constructed. It was the first royal Catholic funeral in modern history.
The Duke of Kent, who turns 90 on October 9, attended the service, supported by his children. Members of the royal family attended, including King Charles and the Prince and Princess of Wales.
Queen Camilla didn’t attend as she was “recovering from acute sinusitis”.
The Duke of Sussex reportedly visited the Duke of Kent during his UK trip last month (Credit: Cover Images)
Prince Harry’s ‘visit’ to Duke of Kent
During his visit to the UK days after the Duchess of Kent’s death, Prince Harry reportedly paid a visit to the Duke of Kent.
A source close to the duke told HELLO! that he “travelled privately to Kensington Palace to offer condolences” to the Duke of Kent in person before departing the UK.
The Duke of Kent became a working royal after retiring from the British Army in 1976. Over the years, he was seen supporting Queen Elizabeth II at various royal events.
News
A surprising royal connection could be on the cards. Prince George and Wolfie may end up attending the same school as Princess Beatrice explores options for her stepson
George and Wolfie could attend same school as Princess Beatrice considers options for stepson The location would prove convenient for Beatrice’s stepson, Wolfie Princess Beatrice has been exploring Eton College as a potential secondary school for her 10-year-old stepson Wolfie,…
A surprising detail from the past has emerged about — and it’s caught royal fans completely off guard
Princess Kate’s surprising link to Downton Abbey star revealed Though she’s now happily married to Prince William, the Princess of Wales once reportedly had a crush on an actor that many of us will have seen on screen… any years…
Prince William shared a heartfelt message about Kate on a special live radio broadcast — and it touched the hearts of listener
Prince William says family ‘couldn’t cope without’ Kate during cancer treatment on live radio appearance The Prince of Wales has joined Amanda Holden and Jamie Theakston on Heart FM from the Isles of Scilly for a special live broadcast rince…
Eyebrows are being raised over fresh comments. Mike Tindall has reportedly taken subtle swipes at Prince Andrew and Prince Harry — sparking speculation about underlying tensions
Mike Tindall takes swipes at Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and Prince Harry Mike Tindall revealed he had been warned against discussing the former Duke of York Mike Tindall has took swipes at Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and Prince Harry during an appearance at the…
An unexpected performance is stealing the spotlight. King Charles surprised locals by playing a ukulele as his visit to Northern Ireland came to an end.
King Charles shocks locals with ukulele solo as Northern Ireland trip concludes The monarch performed in front of a crowd on the final day of his three-day trip with Queen Camilla King Charles demonstrated his musical talents during the final…
A rare insight is shedding light on royal life. A close friend of Princess Kate has revealed how she’s coping amid what’s being described as “unprecedented turbulence” within the royal family
Princess Kate’s close friend reveals how she’s dealing with ‘unprecedented turbulence’ in royal family The Princess of Wales made a return to official visits abroad with her trip to Reggio Emilia in Italy last week – and it has a…
End of content
No more pages to load