Thomas Markle has spoken about Meghan Markle’s previous marriage to a Hollywood producer.

Thomas Markle has previously spoken about Meghan’s other marriage (Image: GB NEWS / GETTY)
Meghan Markle’s father, Thomas Markle, has appeared to criticise Prince Harry, suggesting that his daughter should never have left her first husband. Thomas Markle said his daughter should have remained married to the film producer, Trevor Engelson, whom she was with for less than three years – they married in 2011, and their divorce was finalised in 2014.
Thomas Markle told the Daily Mail: “I really liked Trevor. I don’t think he ever understood why she dumped him, either.” Meghan Markle’s first husband, Trevor, was a film producer, and they originally met in 2004.
The former couple had a destination wedding in Jamaica in 2011 after seven years of dating. Born in New York in 1976, Engelson has spent his career in Hollywood behind the camera, working mostly as a producer.
Princess Diana’s biographer Andrew Morton claimed that Engelson felt their separation in the summer of 2013 was “totally out of the blue.”
“Trevor went from cherishing Meghan to, as one friend observed, ‘feeling like he was a piece of something stuck to the bottom of her shoe.'” Morton wrote, per People.
Meghan reportedly dated talented Canadian chef Corey Vitiello from 2014 to 2016. She then went on to meet Prince Harry in 2016, and the pair wed in May 2018.
One year after their wedding at St George’s Chapel, in Windsor, Trevor Engelson married nutritionist Tracey Kurland in Montecito, California.

Meghan and her former husband, Trevor Engelson (Image: Billy Farrell/Patrick McMullan via Getty Images)
Thomas Markle has yet to meet his son-in-law, Prince Harry, and his two grandchildren, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet.
Meghan has been estranged from her father since 2018. Last year, the Duchess of Sussex reached out to Thomas Markle in the wake of his emergency surgery. He was rushed to the hospital on December 3 after his leg began turning blue and black, and he underwent an amputation of his foot and lower leg.
Meghan, 44, is said to have learned of her father’s, 81, ill state in the Philippines, where he now lives. and wrote a letter by hand, which was delivered via the local US consulate in the Philippines.
The contents of the letter are unknown.
News
ROYAL CELEBRATION TAKES A TOLL: PRINCE WILLIAM ‘LOSES HIS VOICE’ AFTER ASTON VILLA TRIUMPH
Prince William ‘lost his voice’ following night celebrating Aston Villa triumph The Prince of Wales was spotted enjoying celebrations following Villa’s triumph last night… and he was paying the price for it this morning The Prince of Wales revealed today…
“Vanished Without a Trace” – CCTV Footage of Devon Teen Sparks Chilling New Theory After 12 Days of Silence
Large-scale search continues to find missing teen Taylor Charlton was last seen on CCTV on 8 May in Barnstaple Detectives say a large-scale police investigation is continuing as part of efforts to find a missing Devon teenager. Devon and Cornwall…
Two minutes ago: King Charles and Queen Camilla planted a symbolic tree in Northern Ireland — Royal Garden Party takes meaningful turn
King Charles and Queen Camilla plant royal tree at Northern Ireland garden party The couple have enjoyed an action-packed two days in Northern Ireland The King and Queen attended a garden party at Hillsborough Castle this afternoon, on the second…
Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank were seen leaving Kensington Palace for a late-night outing at a private Mayfair club — and royal watchers are already buzzing
Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank take 20-minute drive from Kensington Palace to Mayfair club The pregnant royal is expecting her third child this summer Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank stepped out for an evening at the exclusive Mayfair venue Oswald’s…
ROYAL TIMING RAISES EYEBROWS: DUCHESS OF EDINBURGH SPOTTED IN GENEVA JUST DAYS AFTER MEGHAN’S EXIT A curious coincidence that’s getting people talking
Duchess of Edinburgh pictured in Geneva just days after Meghan Markle’s departure The Duchess of Sussex attended the inauguration of The Lost Screen Memorial on Sunday The Duchess of Edinburgh made an appearance at the World Health Assembly in Geneva…
UNDERWATER HORROR — Divers tragically d!3 in cave incident in the Maldives after being “sucked in” and unable to escape
UNDERWATER HORROR Maldives divers ‘were sucked into the cave & unable to swim out before running out of air’ – as final bodies recovered FIVE Italian divers who drowned in a tragic Maldives expedition may have been sucked into a…
End of content
No more pages to load