The teenager who escaped with his life after alleged being shot by Julian Ingram has described the moment he saw his friend’s mother gunned down.
The teenager who survived after being allegedly shot by Julian Ingram has described the moment he saw the alleged triple killer laugh as he opened fire.
Ingram has been on the run from authorities for four days and is wanted after three people – including his ex-partner Sophie Quinn – were fatally shot in Lake Cargelligo on Thursday afternoon.
Ms Quinn, 25, and her friend John Harris, 32, were found dead with gunshot wounds inside a car.
Sophie’s aunt Nerida Quinn was also shot dead the same day while 19-year-old Kaleb Macqueen was seriously injured.
Mr Macqueen on Sunday told Nine News that he saw Ingram drive up to the home of Nerida Quinn, his friend’s mother, before opening fire.
“She’s obviously went towards the ute,” Mr Macqueen told Nine News.
“I heard boom boom … she was holding her neck and he was laughing and gave her one good shot to the head and she was gone.”
Julian Ingram has been on the run for four days. Picture: NSW Police.
Kaleb Macqueen was seriously injured in the Lake Cargelligo shooting. Picture: Nine News
He said there was nothing he could have done to save Ms Quinn.
“I seen him point the gun out the window, and within seconds it was just too late… I had to save myself,” Mr Macqueen said.
“Not that I could have done anything with Nerida. I probably would have ended up dying if I went over to Nerida as well.”
He suffered injuries to his head, arm, shoulder and leg and has suffered nightmares since.
Police on Sunday said that Ingram had possibly been sighted in Mount Hope, an hour north of Lake Cargelligo.
“We now have a possible sighting of the offender in the Mount Hope district,” NSW Police Assistant Commissioner Andrew Holland said.
Commander Holland said the sighting was reported by members of the public in the early hours of Sunday, who identified “what they believed to be the offender”.
“It was a possible sighting. There’s no confirmation that it is the offender … but we are treating it as such,” he said.
“Police are in that location now carrying out searches of multiple properties in the area.
“Obviously with an armed offender in that area, we are asking for members of the public to exercise extreme caution.”
Sophie Quinn was heavily pregnant when she was shot inside a vehicle. Image: Supplied
Assistant Commissioner Holland said CCTV footage has identified the alleged offenders vehicle, a white, single cab Ford Ranger with the number plate DM0 7GZ.
“If anyone has information related to this vehicle, could they contact triple-0 or Crime Stoppers immediately. We are seeking where this vehicle is immediately,” he said.
Police also announced Ingram is believed to be “on his own at this present time”.
“But again, we can’t rule out the possibility that he’s being assisted by others,” Assistant Commissioner Holland said.
Police confirmed they still believe Ingram remains in the Lake Cargelligo surroundings.
“We have the information on the vehicle … it’s been given to all high patrol vehicle so they can track the vehicle in the recordings,” he said.
“No one has reported that they’ve seen the vehicle leaving the district or other reports outside this area. So we believe, at this stage, to be still in the surrounds of Lake Cargelligo,” he said.
The home of alleged gunman Julian Ingram in the central west NSW town of Lake Cargelligo. Picture: NewsWire/ Klae McGuinness
Police have been hunting for Ingram for four days. Picture: NewsWire/Klae McGuinness
It is understood Ms Quinn had a previous relationship with Mr Ingram with police treating the deaths as an alleged domestic violence incident.
Ingram had previously been charged in relation to an alleged offence on November 12.
Court documents show that Ms Quinn had an apprehended domestic violence order (ADVO) taken out against him in December.
Ingram was charged with stalking or intimidating intending to cause physical harm and assault.
He pleaded not guilty to the charges and was due to face Lake Cargelligo Local Court on February 3.
News
ROYAL CELEBRATION TAKES A TOLL: PRINCE WILLIAM ‘LOSES HIS VOICE’ AFTER ASTON VILLA TRIUMPH
Prince William ‘lost his voice’ following night celebrating Aston Villa triumph The Prince of Wales was spotted enjoying celebrations following Villa’s triumph last night… and he was paying the price for it this morning The Prince of Wales revealed today…
“Vanished Without a Trace” – CCTV Footage of Devon Teen Sparks Chilling New Theory After 12 Days of Silence
Large-scale search continues to find missing teen Taylor Charlton was last seen on CCTV on 8 May in Barnstaple Detectives say a large-scale police investigation is continuing as part of efforts to find a missing Devon teenager. Devon and Cornwall…
Two minutes ago: King Charles and Queen Camilla planted a symbolic tree in Northern Ireland — Royal Garden Party takes meaningful turn
King Charles and Queen Camilla plant royal tree at Northern Ireland garden party The couple have enjoyed an action-packed two days in Northern Ireland The King and Queen attended a garden party at Hillsborough Castle this afternoon, on the second…
Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank were seen leaving Kensington Palace for a late-night outing at a private Mayfair club — and royal watchers are already buzzing
Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank take 20-minute drive from Kensington Palace to Mayfair club The pregnant royal is expecting her third child this summer Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank stepped out for an evening at the exclusive Mayfair venue Oswald’s…
ROYAL TIMING RAISES EYEBROWS: DUCHESS OF EDINBURGH SPOTTED IN GENEVA JUST DAYS AFTER MEGHAN’S EXIT A curious coincidence that’s getting people talking
Duchess of Edinburgh pictured in Geneva just days after Meghan Markle’s departure The Duchess of Sussex attended the inauguration of The Lost Screen Memorial on Sunday The Duchess of Edinburgh made an appearance at the World Health Assembly in Geneva…
UNDERWATER HORROR — Divers tragically d!3 in cave incident in the Maldives after being “sucked in” and unable to escape
UNDERWATER HORROR Maldives divers ‘were sucked into the cave & unable to swim out before running out of air’ – as final bodies recovered FIVE Italian divers who drowned in a tragic Maldives expedition may have been sucked into a…
End of content
No more pages to load