Andrew Mountbatten Windsor will be stripped of his honorary rank of vice-admiral, the Defence Secretary has said.
The disgraced royal was made a vice-admiral on his 55th birthday in 2015 and retained the rank after giving up his other military positions in 2022.
Mr Healey told the BBC: “In general, the Government’s been guided by the decisions and judgments the King has made.
“In defence, it’s exactly the same. And we’ve seen Andrew surrender the honorary positions he’s had throughout the military, and guided again by the King, we are working now to remove that last remaining title of vice-admiral that he has.”

Andrew will lose his honorary rank as vice-admiral.
| PAWhen questioned about whether Andrew could lose his military medals too, Mr Healey said they were “medals for his service”.
He added: “I don’t have an update for you on that, but just as with his vice-admiral rank and title, we would be guided by the decisions the King makes.”
The news will be a further blow to the former prince, who was stripped of his title on Thursday.
The move came just weeks after it was announced that King Charles’s younger brother would no longer use his Duke of York title.

Defence Secretary John Healey made the announcement.
| PAIt was also declared that Andrew would vacate Royal Lodge and is set to move to the Sandringham Estate in the new year.
A statement from Buckingham Palace has been issued, reading: “His Majesty has today initiated a formal process to remove the Style, Titles and Honours of Prince Andrew.
“Prince Andrew will now be known as Andrew Mountbatten Windsor.
“His lease on Royal Lodge has, to date, provided him with legal protection to continue in residence.
Despite Andrew losing his titles, the King is believed to be keen to ‘protect’ Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie.
| GETTY
“Formal notice has now been served to surrender the lease and he will move to alternative private accommodation.
“These censures are deemed necessary, notwithstanding the fact that he continues to deny the allegations against him.
“Their Majesties wish to make clear that their thoughts and utmost sympathies have been, and will remain with, the victims and survivors of any and all forms of abuse.”
The removal process applies to Andrew’s titles of Prince, Duke of York, Earl of Inverness, Baron Killyleagh and the style “His Royal Highness”.

Princess Eugenie and Princess Beatrice will retain their royal titles.
| GETTY
The honours affected are Andrew’s Order of the Garter and Knight Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order.
Andrew’s daughters, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie, will keep their titles.
The King is said to be very keen to “protect” nieces.
The sisters remain Her Royal Highnesses as granddaughters of Queen Elizabeth II.
Andrew has always denied wrongdoing, but it is understood that the scandals surrounding the King’s brother were becoming too much of a distraction.
News
A surprising detail from the past has emerged about — and it’s caught royal fans completely off guard
Princess Kate’s surprising link to Downton Abbey star revealed Though she’s now happily married to Prince William, the Princess of Wales once reportedly had a crush on an actor that many of us will have seen on screen… any years…
Prince William shared a heartfelt message about Kate on a special live radio broadcast — and it touched the hearts of listener
Prince William says family ‘couldn’t cope without’ Kate during cancer treatment on live radio appearance The Prince of Wales has joined Amanda Holden and Jamie Theakston on Heart FM from the Isles of Scilly for a special live broadcast rince…
Eyebrows are being raised over fresh comments. Mike Tindall has reportedly taken subtle swipes at Prince Andrew and Prince Harry — sparking speculation about underlying tensions
Mike Tindall takes swipes at Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and Prince Harry Mike Tindall revealed he had been warned against discussing the former Duke of York Mike Tindall has took swipes at Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and Prince Harry during an appearance at the…
An unexpected performance is stealing the spotlight. King Charles surprised locals by playing a ukulele as his visit to Northern Ireland came to an end.
King Charles shocks locals with ukulele solo as Northern Ireland trip concludes The monarch performed in front of a crowd on the final day of his three-day trip with Queen Camilla King Charles demonstrated his musical talents during the final…
A rare insight is shedding light on royal life. A close friend of Princess Kate has revealed how she’s coping amid what’s being described as “unprecedented turbulence” within the royal family
Princess Kate’s close friend reveals how she’s dealing with ‘unprecedented turbulence’ in royal family The Princess of Wales made a return to official visits abroad with her trip to Reggio Emilia in Italy last week – and it has a…
ROYAL CELEBRATION TAKES A TOLL: PRINCE WILLIAM ‘LOSES HIS VOICE’ AFTER ASTON VILLA TRIUMPH
Prince William ‘lost his voice’ following night celebrating Aston Villa triumph The Prince of Wales was spotted enjoying celebrations following Villa’s triumph last night… and he was paying the price for it this morning The Prince of Wales revealed today…
End of content
No more pages to load