Guy Sebastian has opened up about two key moments that changed his life – sobbing in a NSW court bathroom, and screaming for his wife following 40 ‘excruciating minutes’ of constipation.
The Battle Scars hitmaker and his wife Jules sat down with Sunday Life for a tell-all interview about his ongoing legal battle against his former friend and manager, Titus Day.
Day was jailed in 2022 for allegedly pocketing about $625,000 of Sebastian’s money, before he was released on appeal and found not guilty last year on four counts of embezzlement.
However, the jury couldn’t reach a verdict on the remaining 31 charges.
Despite choosing to continue pursuing Day – who maintains his innocence – over the same allegations in costly civil court proceedings, Sebastian and his wife were teary-eyed as they recalled the emotional toll of the hearings.
His lowest point, he said, before posing for photos in his $8million three-storey concrete fortress in Maroubra, was crying in a toilet cubicle at Sydney‘s Downing Centre while giving evidence against Day.
He started praying, only to feel guilty because it had been so long since he prayed.
Another low point was wondering whether his marriage was over while desperately calling for Jules to ‘help’ him in the bathroom, after he’d been prescribed constipating opioids for a spinal operation.

+5
View gallery
Guy and Jules Sebastian have opened up about his ongoing legal dispute with his former friend and manager Titus Day

+5
View gallery
Titus Day outside court in Sydney in 2022 during his embezzlement case

+5
View gallery
Guy Sebastian’s $8million concrete mansion in Maroubra – the site of the nasty dispute with his neighbour that ended up in court
Absent from the interview was any mention of a restraining order and assault charges against his elderly and disabled neighbour in 2023, Phillip Hanslow, which were eventually dropped.
Sebastian brought the case on, but never attended court in person and tried to get a suppression order on his name, which was withdrawn when the case was thrown out.
Throughout the magazine interview, Sebastian and his wife talked about how they felt betrayed by Day, whose children were best friends and used to ‘run through the park under sprinklers’ together.
On the first day of the trial, when Sebastian was due to testify against Day, he told the publication that he would ‘literally vomit’ and at times burst into tears because the stress was overwhelming.
Drying her eyes with a serviette, Jules added: ‘Watching Guy go through this was the hardest thing.
‘There’s no way to know how it’s going to end, and every day there’s something new to wake up to. It was a really wobbly road, and some would say I handled it terribly.’
She described him as ‘superhuman’ for taking their two sons to the beach during the trial, and for casting his emotional turmoil aside and continuing his music tour that same year.
‘I’ll struggle to say this without being emotional,’ he told the magazine.

+5
View gallery
Sebastian lodged an AVO against his Maroubra neighbour Phillip Hanslow (pictured outside court with his frail wife Carol)

+5
View gallery
Guy Sebastian on crutches outside Sydney’s Downing Centre in 2025 following surgery
‘But I don’t think people in the audience realised just how much they pulled me out of the mud during that time.’
Sebastian’s eyes also welled with tears while talking about Jules’s support, and her role making sure their sons stayed out of the public eye.
Speaking about the constipation incident from last year when he cried for Jules’s help in the bathroom, Sebastian told the magazine: ‘At that point, I thought, “My marriage is over”.
‘If she loves me after this, we’re good. And here she is – and we are good.’
Crying with laughter, he said: ‘I know you girls give birth to children but I imagine [the pain I suffered] was close.’
The former Australian Idol winner is now looking forward to another tour in April, and feels he’s learnt valuable lessons over the past few years.
‘I’ve wasted so much energy trying to please everyone,’ he said.
‘You end up spreading yourself thin and not really being impactful in anyone’s life.’
News
IT WAS ALL OVER THE PROPERTY MONEY… — COUSIN ACCUSED OF K!LLING Prince McFarland IN SH0CKING FAMILY TRAG-EDY THAT LEFT QUEENS STUNNED
A shocking family tragedy in South Jamaica, Queens, New York has left a community stunned after a heated dispute over family property reportedly ended with two cousins dead inside a home that had been put up for sale. The incident,…
You just never know when it’s time to go…. — FAMOUS RAPPER REPORTEDLY K!LLED BY FAMILY MEMBER OVER $600K QUEENS HOME, FANS LEFT STUNNED
A family property dispute in Queens, New York ended in shocking tragedy after rapper Prince McFarland was k!lled in a shooting connected to a home worth more than $600,000. According to information shared in a video summarizing the case, Prince…
HE DELETED THE FOOTAGE… — CHI-LLING NEW DETAIL IN THE Kayla Atwood CASE LEAVES MANY PEOPLE STUNNED
The disappearance of 32-year-old Kayla Atwood in Pensacola, Florida shocked the public after a series of disturbing details gradually emerged throughout the investigation. According to authorities, Kayla was last seen on January 3, 2024 after dropping her children off at…
VERY DANGER0US – POLICE CONFIRM 3 PEOPLE WANTED AFTER MAN SH0T 15 TIMES IN KENTUCKY, ONE DETAIL LEAVES EVERYONE STUNNED…
“They should be considered armed and dangerous,” the Newport Police Department said in a statement Tiance Combs, Kortney Alford and Terry Moses.Credit : Newport Police Department Police in Kentucky are searching for two men and a woman wanted in connection…
MAN SH0T 15 TIMES — MAN GUNNED DOWN IN BRU-TAL ATT-ACK AS THREE SUSPECTS REMAIN WANTED, COMMUNITY LEFT IN SH0CK
“They should be considered armed and dangerous,” the Newport Police Department said in a statement Tiance Combs, Kortney Alford and Terry Moses.Credit : Newport Police Department Police in Kentucky are searching for two men and a woman wanted in connection…
SHOCK ALLEGATION EMERGES — Prosecutors CLAIM Kouri Richins TARGETED LEAD DETECTIVE AFTER ARREST
The posting of the ‘gay dating profile’ is just one of the ‘new to the record’ incidents prosecutors’ included in their sentencing memo Kouri Richins.Credit : Trent Nelson – Pool/Getty Prosecutors are sharing details about a number of actions that they…
End of content
No more pages to load