“They should be considered armed and dangerous,” the Newport Police Department said in a statement

2 Men and 1 woman Wanted in Kentucky Shooting.

Tiance Combs, Kortney Alford and Terry Moses.Credit : Newport Police Department

 

Police in Kentucky are searching for two men and a woman wanted in connection with the shooting of a man earlier this month.

The Newport Police Department (NPD) said in a May 14 press release that they have identified three people “linked” to the May 9 shooting in Newport, which left a man hospitalized.

The three people who were wanted by police were identified as Tiance Combs, 30, Terry Moses, 26, and Kortney Alford, 30. The NPD said they face attempted murder, complicity for attempted murder and facilitation of attempted murder charges, respectively.

Alongside the press release, police shared photos of the trio, who are all from Newport, Ky. Police released two photos of Combs, who could be seen in a black leather jacket in one photo and a red hat in another. They also released a photo of Moses in a black beanie and sweatshirt and two shots of Alford in a gray T-shirt.

A person wearing a red cap looking at the camera in an outdoor setting

A photo of Tiance Combs shared by police.Newport Police Department

“They should be considered armed and dangerous,” the police said in a statement.

The release comes a few days after police announced the shooting, which took place at around 2:30 a.m. local time on May 9.

A man in a beanie outdoors trees in the background

A photo of Terry Lee Moses released by police.Newport Police Department

The police said they responded to the area of 10th and Monmouth, where they found an adult man with “multiple gunshot wounds.” He was taken to the University of Cincinnati Hospital for treatment and was in stable condition, police said.

The NPD launched an investigation into the shooting, which they noted at the time was believed to have been an “isolated incident” with no “ongoing threat to the public.”

PEOPLE has reached out to the NPD for updates on this case.

The man who was shot identified himself on Facebook as Trey Iles, and said, “I was shot 15 times but I’m actually doing amazingly good and just on a long road of recovery thank you for all the prayers and support tho.”

His aunt and uncle, Heidi and Harley Iles, spoke to Fox19 about the incident. They said their nephew had dropped off his girlfriend at a Circle K to get snacks after a night out while he was called over to a car by a girl he recognized.

A person smiling in a closeup

A photo of Kortney Alford shared by police.Newport Police Department

They told the outlet he got into an argument with someone in the backseat before walking away to a nearby bar prior to meeting with his girlfriend. That’s when a car pulled up and opened fire on him.

“When I heard 15 shots, I thought — ‘Oh my God, my baby nephew is not going to make it,’ ” Heidi told the outlet. “He’s got four or five shots in one ankle, maybe two or three in the other, in his arm and by his throat.”

Harley added, “I thought we were going to be planning a funeral — because who survives that?”

SOURCE: https://people.com/3-people-wanted-in-kentucky-after-man-was-gunned-down-and-shot-15-times-11978359