Strictly Sh0ck! La Voix Quits Show — Fans Stunned by Her Unexpected Revelation 😱💥

Strictly Come Dancing’s La Voix has broke her silence on cynical fans’ conspiracy theory that she faked her injury to get out of performing this week on spin-off show It Takes Two.

On Tuesday, it was revealed that the Drag Race star, 45, real name Christopher Dennis, was forced to drop out of the upcoming Blackpool special this weekend after suffering an injury.

While chatting with Janette Manrara, 42, alongside his dance partner Aljaž Škorjanec, 35, on the popular spin-off on Thursday, La Voix said: ‘This has been ongoing since the foxtrot.

‘I felt a little niggle in my foot, hence comments about me being flat-footed. I was thinking this will be fine, but it got gradually worse.

‘Until, on Saturday, we had to change shoes. I couldn’t wear heels. I had to wear those awful flat shoes.

‘We tried on Monday and it was really clear I was struggling, in pain, so we decided to be professional and call this, hoping with some rest I can be back.’

Strictly Come Dancing's La Voix has broke her silence on the conspiracy theory about why she REALLY dropped out of show and also shared an injury update on It Takes Two earlier this week

Strictly Come Dancing’s La Voix has broke her silence on the conspiracy theory about why she REALLY dropped out of show and also shared an injury update on It Takes Two earlier this week

While chatting with Janette Manrara, 42, alongside his dance partner Alja¿ ¿korjanec, 35, on the popular spin-off earlier this week, La Voix opened up about the injury

While chatting with Janette Manrara, 42, alongside his dance partner Aljaž Škorjanec, 35, on the popular spin-off earlier this week, La Voix opened up about the injury

A day later La Voix took to Instagram to share an update with fans.

She said: ‘Good morning my darlings.

‘As I’m looking on social media and everyone is on their way to Blackpool, I am off for an MRI scan to see what is actually going on with my foot.

‘I have a bone bruise, which is basically from the repetition of being in the heels and it’s on where my toe joins my foot.

‘It’s like a deep bone bruise, which basically if I keep working on could become a stress fracture.

‘Which obviously means a broken foot which is six to eight weeks off my foot in a boot.

‘Which would be awful, so luckily they’ve caught it up before it has got to that stage.

‘And as I said on It Takes Two to the physio team, the whole of the BBC Strictly team have been amazing.

La Voix said: 'This has been ongoing since the foxtrot. 'I felt a little niggle in my foot, hence comments about me being flat-footed. I was thinking this will be fine, but it got gradually worse'

La Voix said: ‘This has been ongoing since the foxtrot. ‘I felt a little niggle in my foot, hence comments about me being flat-footed. I was thinking this will be fine, but it got gradually worse’

‘I’ve had MRIs, I’ve had X-rays, I’ve had physio, and that’s all carrying on today.

‘So I’ve got my very attractive boot on and I’m basically just icing and keeping my foot elevated and resting as much as I can.’

Luckily La Voix and dance partner Aljaž will be able to continue in the competition due to the show rules.

It’s this loophole in the competition that some fans accused La Voix of taking advantage of, with one complaining: ‘Well that’s one way to avoid the dance off… doesn’t seem fair to me.’

Another echoed: ‘Probs being harsh but seems like they reward you for getting injured if you automatically sail through.’

While a third jeered: ‘And just when you were favourite to go next… hmmmm.’

On Tuesday it was reported that she was ‘devastated and heartbroken’ after being advised by doctors to rest and focus on recovery.

Speaking in a statement, the Drag Race star said: ‘It is with immense sadness that I have to withdraw from this weekend’s Strictly Come Dancing shows in Blackpool.

‘Due to an injury, I’ve been advised that I’m unable to perform, and my heart truly breaks knowing I won’t be dancing in such an iconic venue.

‘Aljaž and I have worked incredibly hard, and we were so excited to share our routine with everyone.

‘I am devastated not to be joining the rest of the cast on that famous dancefloor, but my focus now is on recovery. I’ll be cheering on all the amazing couples this weekend.’

Luckily La Voix and dance partner Alja¿ will be able to continue in the competition due to the show rules

Luckily La Voix and dance partner Aljaž will be able to continue in the competition due to the show rules

‘In line with the rules of Strictly Come Dancing, La Voix and Aljaž will receive a bye through to next week when it is hoped they will be able to dance again.

‘We wish La Voix the very best for a speedy recovery.’

Strictly Come Dancing will continue this weekend from Blackpool’s Tower Ballroom with six competing couples.

La Voix and their professional partner Aljaž Škorjanec closed last week’s show with their Couple’s Choice.

They performed to ‘Don’t Rain On My Parade’ by Barbra Streisand.

Once again the judges ‘loved it’, praising the performer’s stage presence before marking a respectable 33 out of 40.

Ahead of the performance La Voix left viewers emotional as she tearfully opened up about her beloved mother’s recent death.

The TV personality said her ‘world had gone’ in a moment following the ‘unexpected’ passing.

Ahead of her performance with pro partner Aljaž the entertainer paid a visit to ‘immensely supportive’ father Richard, who previously appeared with her on RuPaul‘s Drag Race UK, as they reflected on the recent loss.

Choking back tears, she said: ‘My mum was the same as my dad, equally supportive, she was there at every single show. I lost her in April this year so its only what 7/8 months.

‘I did a massive West End show in London and she wasn’t well and I remember I’d gone from 1500 people clapping and cheering to the next day, just your world’s gone.’

Elsewhere, Strictly Come Dancing fans were left concerned after Vicky Pattison and pro partner Kai Widdrington were absent from It Takes Two on Monday.

The reality star, 38, became the seventh celebrity booted from the show on Sunday and missed a place in this week’s Blackpool special after losing the dreaded dance-off against EastEnders‘ Balvinder Sopal, 46, and Julian Caillon, 30.

Strictly’s latest evictee always appear on spin-off It Takes Two every Monday to discuss their exit and time in the competition, but this week host Fleur East revealed Vicky and Kai were not there.

She said: ‘This weekend we sadly said goodbye to Vicky and Kai. They can’t be with us tonight but will be joining us later on in the week.’

Following Fleur’s announcement fans rushed to X asking: ”No Vicky & Kai on It Takes Two tonight, hope thinks are ok’: ‘Where are Vicky and Kai?’: ‘Unusual to not have the departed couple on It Takes Two of a Monday, legit can’t remember this occurring before’: Wonder why the last minute change and no Vicky.’

Vicky went on to appear on the show on Wednesday 19 November.

Meanwhile, Strictly Come Dancing is set to make history with a brand new format from the end of November that will challenge the remaining couples.

Instant Dance will see each couple pick a dance style at random from ones they have learnt in the competition so far.

They will then be played their accompanying music and – after a frantic dash through wardrobe to select and change into their costumes – each couple will have just 10 seconds on the countdown clock to decide exactly how they’re going to dance it.

Once all six Strictly couples have danced, the judges will rank them and award their extra marks accordingly.

Then, a maximum of six marks will be awarded to the couple whose Instant Dance performance impressed them the most, right down to one point for the couple whose dance impressed them the least.

Head judge Shirley Ballas said: ‘Instant Dance has the power to change everything for our couples, and will challenge them in ways they have never been challenged before.

‘With standards so incredibly high this year and the competition so close, there’s a lot resting on it.

‘The dance styles, costumes and music might not be revealed until the night, but what we can be sure of right now is that it’s going to be a whole lot of fun. I cannot wait!’

The exciting new format will take place towards the end of the month – Saturday 29 to be exact – once all six remaining couples have danced in the usual way.

Strictly Come Dancing airs Saturdays and Sundays on BBC One and is available to stream on iPlayer. 

Related Posts

Our Privacy policy

https://growglobal24.com - © 2025 News