A SUSPECT is in custody after a killing spree left an entire county under shelter-in-place orders and residents fearing for their lives.

Officials mounted a massive, multi-state manhunt after three women were mysteriously found dead.

A county-wide shelter-in-place has been ordered after the bodies of three women have been found in the same townCredit: Wayne County, Utah Sheriff’s Office

Ivan Miller, 22, was taken into custody Thursday in ColoradoCredit: Archuleta County Jail

A forensic scientist enters a home where a woman was found dead in Lyman, UtahCredit: AP
Ivan Miller, 22, was arrested after being found in Pagosa Springs, Colorado, in one of the victims’ vehicles, the Utah Department of Public Safety announced Thursday.
The vehicle was tracked through southern Utah, then to Arizona, and before being discovered in Pagosa Springs, Colorado, the department said.
Colorado law enforcement discovered the abandoned vehicle in Pagosa Springs and took Miller into custody “without incident” after a brief search, officials said.
Miller told investigators that he had “killed someone and stole a car” after he hit an elk with his vehicle in Loa, Utah, days before the slayings, according to KSLTV. He had been staying in a hotel in the area after selling his truck to a tow company.
Officials in Torrey, Utah, confirmed that the bodies of two women were found on a hiking trail on Wednesday afternoon, and a third was located at a residence in Wayne County.
None of the women have been identified, but cops say one victim was in her 30s, another in her 60s, while the third was in her 80s.
Court documents state that Miller had later stayed a night in the back shed of the elderly woman’s home, waited for her to drive away, and then broke into her home while she was gone.
“Miller then entered her home, waited for her behind a door, and shot her in the back of the head with the 1911 (pistol) while she was sitting down watching television,” the documents state.
Per court documents, Miller told investigators he had “cleaned the scene as best he could, dragged her to the out building and further down into the basement where he ultimately left her.” He then stole her car and drove away.
After deciding he didn’t like the car he had killed for, he parked the vehicle near a trailhead where he spotted an older woman and a younger woman exit a white Subaru, per documents.
He shot the younger woman in the chest, and the older woman twice, and then stabbed her multiple times.
Miller left the two women in a ditch next to each other and said he did it “because he needed money.” They were later found by their husbands, according to KSLTV.
“Miller confessed that it ‘had to be done,’ but he did not like to do it,” court documents state.
The suspect was later found and detained by police at 2:40am – he had a concealed handgun and a large knife in his possession.
Manhunt sparked
A major manhunt for a suspect in the multiple homicides was triggered after the bodies were found, and residents were told to remain “vigilant,” lock their doors, and stay inside.
Torrey is a town of 260 people just outside of Capitol Reef National Park.
Schools have also been closed as officials act “out of an abundance of caution and concern for student and public safety.”
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office told all Wayne County residents to “take extra precautions, keep lights on, keep doors locked, and remain home or with others” on Wednesday evening.
“Due to recent incidents that have occurred in Wayne County today, WCSO is asking that all residents take extra precautions, keep lights on, keep doors locked, and remain home or with others this evening if possible,” sheriffs told all residents last night.
“Multiple law enforcement agencies are currently in the area.
“Wayne County Sheriff’s Office and the other law enforcement agencies are taking action to keep all residents safe.”
Police told residents to look out for a 2022 white Subaru Outback.

Crime tape surround a home where a woman was found deadCredit: AP

Utah DPS is investigating three homicides in Wayne CountyCredit: ksltv
Meanwhile, the county school district said on Wednesday that all schools would remain closed on March 5 and 6 as the investigation and manhunt continues.
“Due to unfolding events in the county, out of an abundance of caution and concern for student and public safety, schools will be closed tomorrow and Friday,” the district said.
“We will also have counselors in place to support students when we are back in session next week.
“We will communicate updates as things unfold.”
“I have family in this area… praying for those who lost loved ones today,” said one woman on social media.
“Please keep your eye out for the Subaru if you live in Utah.”
News
Meghan Markle is once again in the headlines, with reports claiming she continues to seek publicity online despite recently speaking out against social media during an appearance in Geneva
Meghan Markle ‘seeks publicity’ online despite recent attack on social media in Geneva The Duchess of Sussex addressed a crowd in Switzerland on the perils of social media yesterday evening Meghan Markle “seeks publicity” online, a royal commentator has claimed,…
PRIVATE LIFE FIRST: Dara Huang OPENS UP ABOUT WHY Princess Beatrice’S STEPSON IS KEPT OUT OF THE SPOTLIGHT
Wolfie has been seen at Sandringham and the Princess of Wales’s annual carol service Dara Huang has offered a rare insight into how she protects her son, Christopher “Wolfie” Woolf Mapelli Mozzi. The mother-of-one revealed that she deliberately avoids sharing…
Royal Frenzy in Italy: Catherine, Princess of Wales, Stirring Up Crowds – But Her Real Mission Has Only Just Begun 🇮🇹
Princess of Wales draws screaming crowds in Italy as Catherine’s real mission begins The future queen showed how she plans to turn global fascination into lasting change There is no doubt that the Princess of Wales is an international icon….
Trouble continues to mount for Prince Andrew as new action is reportedly being taken to remove one of his remaining public honours
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor suffers fresh blow as action taken to strip former duke of Freedom honour The censure motion will come before the Court of Common Council at its meeting on May 21 The City of London Corporation has decided to…
What’s behind the fresh new look? Meghan Markle has sparked buzz after updating her profile picture and giving both her Instagram and As Ever website a noticeable refresh.
Meghan Markle in major rebrand as Duchess changes profile picture The Duchess of Sussex has given her Instagram and As Ever website a new look. Meghan Markle had a major rebrand (Image: Getty) Meghan Markle has updated her Instagram profile picture for…
“SILENCE SPEAKS VOLUMES…” — Meghan Faces Backlash Over Mother’s Day Post
Meghan Slammed After Leaving Doria Ragland Out of Mother’s Day Tribute: ‘Silence Speaks Volumes’ Meghan Markle’s Mother’s Day silence is being dissected by royal watchers following her latest brand expansion. Meghan Markle and her mother, Doria Ragland, at an event…
End of content
No more pages to load