CCTV footage has emerged of a mum and her baby girl just hours before they were found dead at their Queensland home.
CCTV footage has captured a family on an evening walk just hours before the Queensland mum and her one-year-old daughter were found dead at their home.
The bodies of Kate Paterson, 38, and her daughter April were found in a home on Belivah Rd in Belivah on Thursday.
Ms Paterson and April, 1, were found dead on Thursday. Picture Supplied
CCTV footage of the family from Wednesday evening. Picture: supplied
Grabs from the footage, taken from a neighbour’s CCTV camera, show Ms Paterson holding her baby girl in her arms as they walk home on Wednesday evening.
It was reportedly less than 12 hours before police made the tragic discovery of their deaths.
Officers went to the Belivah property after a 39-year-old man, believed to have run from the home, was found injured after being struck by a car near a supermarket in Bannockburn earlier on Thursday morning.
Police say the man, believed to be the baby’s father, lived at the house with Ms Paterson and their daughter as a family unit.
The 39-year-old sustained injuries and is being treated at Princess Alexandra Hospital.
Forensic Police investigating at the crime scene, 45 Belivah Road, Belivah. Picture: Liam Kidston
Their walk together has become a devastating final memory, with dozens of people attending a vigil on Friday evening to mourn the loss of Ms Paterson and her baby girl.
Flowers and stuffed toys were left around a tree, with several high school students also attending to pay their respects.
Windaroo resident Caroline Bower has organised a community candle-lighting and flower-laying ceremony in honour of Ms Paterson and her daughter.
A community vigil was held on Friday evening. Picture: Richard Walker
Ahead of the vigil, Ms Bower said a song would be played and requested that “everyone observe a moment of silence during the song as a sign of respect and reflection”
“In times like this, our community stands together. By sharing our grief, supporting one another, and coming together as one, we can begin to find strength and healing,” she said. “All members of the community are warmly welcome to attend.”
Residents near the Belivah Rd property reported hearing screaming around the same time.
Gloria Seal, who drove past while heading to work, described seeing the man lying on the ground covered in blood as emergency services attended to him.
A 39-year-old man, believed to be the father, was found injured after being struck by a car. Picture: Liam Kidston
“It was very distressing, walking past that was awful,” Ms Seal told The Courier-Mail.
“I saw the black ute on the side of the road. There was one ambulance at the point.
“He was covered in blood. I don’t know what happened to him.”
Police are appealing to anyone who was in the vicinity of Belivah Rd, Belivah, and Beaudesert Beenleigh Rd at Bannockburn between 7am and 8.30am to come forward.
News
IT WAS ALL OVER THE PROPERTY MONEY… — COUSIN ACCUSED OF K!LLING Prince McFarland IN SH0CKING FAMILY TRAG-EDY THAT LEFT QUEENS STUNNED
A shocking family tragedy in South Jamaica, Queens, New York has left a community stunned after a heated dispute over family property reportedly ended with two cousins dead inside a home that had been put up for sale. The incident,…
You just never know when it’s time to go…. — FAMOUS RAPPER REPORTEDLY K!LLED BY FAMILY MEMBER OVER $600K QUEENS HOME, FANS LEFT STUNNED
A family property dispute in Queens, New York ended in shocking tragedy after rapper Prince McFarland was k!lled in a shooting connected to a home worth more than $600,000. According to information shared in a video summarizing the case, Prince…
HE DELETED THE FOOTAGE… — CHI-LLING NEW DETAIL IN THE Kayla Atwood CASE LEAVES MANY PEOPLE STUNNED
The disappearance of 32-year-old Kayla Atwood in Pensacola, Florida shocked the public after a series of disturbing details gradually emerged throughout the investigation. According to authorities, Kayla was last seen on January 3, 2024 after dropping her children off at…
VERY DANGER0US – POLICE CONFIRM 3 PEOPLE WANTED AFTER MAN SH0T 15 TIMES IN KENTUCKY, ONE DETAIL LEAVES EVERYONE STUNNED…
“They should be considered armed and dangerous,” the Newport Police Department said in a statement Tiance Combs, Kortney Alford and Terry Moses.Credit : Newport Police Department Police in Kentucky are searching for two men and a woman wanted in connection…
MAN SH0T 15 TIMES — MAN GUNNED DOWN IN BRU-TAL ATT-ACK AS THREE SUSPECTS REMAIN WANTED, COMMUNITY LEFT IN SH0CK
“They should be considered armed and dangerous,” the Newport Police Department said in a statement Tiance Combs, Kortney Alford and Terry Moses.Credit : Newport Police Department Police in Kentucky are searching for two men and a woman wanted in connection…
SHOCK ALLEGATION EMERGES — Prosecutors CLAIM Kouri Richins TARGETED LEAD DETECTIVE AFTER ARREST
The posting of the ‘gay dating profile’ is just one of the ‘new to the record’ incidents prosecutors’ included in their sentencing memo Kouri Richins.Credit : Trent Nelson – Pool/Getty Prosecutors are sharing details about a number of actions that they…
End of content
No more pages to load