
A grassfire burning across multiple suburbs on Melbourne’s north-western fringe was growing quickly after a wind change this afternoon.
The emergency-level blaze near Sunbury, about 40 kilometres from the CBD, had already burned through more than 250 hectares.
Residents in Beveridge, Bolinda, Clarkefield, Darraweit Guim, Mickleham, Oaklands Junction, Sunbury and Wildwood were told it was too late to leave and to take shelter immediately.
Residents in Clarkefield, Bolinda and Darraweit Gum have been told to take shelter. (VicEmergency)
“The safest option is to take shelter indoors immediately. Do not get in the car and drive,” a VicEmergency warning states.
“It is safer to stay where you are.
The CFA said it was aware of reports of a caravan ablaze near the fireground.
A wind change shifted the flames in a north-easterly direction towards Old Sydney Road, Mickleham.
Footage of the fire from above released by Emergency Vic. (Facebook)
“If you are in Mickleham on Donnybrook Road or Mandalay Estate, Beveridge be prepared to walk two streets back,” the CFA advised.
An earlier warning noted the fire was travelling in an easterly direction towards Boggy Rate Road.
Authorities were concerned an imminent wind change could worsen conditions.
Multiple firetrucks were responding to the grass fire, along with water aircraft.
News
Meghan Markle is once again in the headlines, with reports claiming she continues to seek publicity online despite recently speaking out against social media during an appearance in Geneva
Meghan Markle ‘seeks publicity’ online despite recent attack on social media in Geneva The Duchess of Sussex addressed a crowd in Switzerland on the perils of social media yesterday evening Meghan Markle “seeks publicity” online, a royal commentator has claimed,…
PRIVATE LIFE FIRST: Dara Huang OPENS UP ABOUT WHY Princess Beatrice’S STEPSON IS KEPT OUT OF THE SPOTLIGHT
Wolfie has been seen at Sandringham and the Princess of Wales’s annual carol service Dara Huang has offered a rare insight into how she protects her son, Christopher “Wolfie” Woolf Mapelli Mozzi. The mother-of-one revealed that she deliberately avoids sharing…
Royal Frenzy in Italy: Catherine, Princess of Wales, Stirring Up Crowds – But Her Real Mission Has Only Just Begun 🇮🇹
Princess of Wales draws screaming crowds in Italy as Catherine’s real mission begins The future queen showed how she plans to turn global fascination into lasting change There is no doubt that the Princess of Wales is an international icon….
Trouble continues to mount for Prince Andrew as new action is reportedly being taken to remove one of his remaining public honours
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor suffers fresh blow as action taken to strip former duke of Freedom honour The censure motion will come before the Court of Common Council at its meeting on May 21 The City of London Corporation has decided to…
What’s behind the fresh new look? Meghan Markle has sparked buzz after updating her profile picture and giving both her Instagram and As Ever website a noticeable refresh.
Meghan Markle in major rebrand as Duchess changes profile picture The Duchess of Sussex has given her Instagram and As Ever website a new look. Meghan Markle had a major rebrand (Image: Getty) Meghan Markle has updated her Instagram profile picture for…
“SILENCE SPEAKS VOLUMES…” — Meghan Faces Backlash Over Mother’s Day Post
Meghan Slammed After Leaving Doria Ragland Out of Mother’s Day Tribute: ‘Silence Speaks Volumes’ Meghan Markle’s Mother’s Day silence is being dissected by royal watchers following her latest brand expansion. Meghan Markle and her mother, Doria Ragland, at an event…
End of content
No more pages to load