
Savannah Guthrie with her mother, Nancy, on the set of the Today Show. (Instagram: @savannahguthrie)
US television host Savannah Guthrie has issued another message calling for the safe return of her mother Nancy, who went missing from her home in Tucson, Arizona under suspicious circumstances last weekend.
In a video posted to Instagram on Sunday morning, Australian time, the host of NBC’s Today Show appears to directly address her mother’s potential kidnappers, telling them she and her siblings have “received your message, and we understand”.
“We beg you now to return our mother to us so that we can celebrate with her,” she says, as she clasps hands with her brother and sister.
“This is the only way we will have peace. This is very valuable to us, and we will pay.”
The video appears to confirm the Guthrie family has been contacted by those behind the apparent kidnapping, who until this point had not sent any messages to the family directly.
Guthrie on Thursday recorded a similar message in response to media reports of a ransom letter, calling on the kidnappers to provide proof “without a doubt” that her mother was alive.
Tucson TV station KOLD on Friday said it had received an email message that was tied to the Guthrie case, but could not disclose its contents.
The FBI said it was aware of a new message and was reviewing its authenticity.
A sign of solidarity from neighbours at Nancy Guthrie’s home in Tucson, Arizona. (AP: Caitlin O’Hara)
Authorities believe that Nancy, who is 84 years old with extremely limited mobility, was taken from her home against her will last weekend.
There were signs of forced entry at her house, and DNA tests of blood found on her front porch came back as a match for her, police said.
On Saturday, Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos said police were yet to identify any suspects or rule anyone out.
He had previously expressed frustration that a camera at Nancy’s home was unable to capture images of anyone the day she went missing.
Investigators have found that the home’s doorbell camera was disconnected early last Sunday, and that software data recorded movement at the home minutes later.
However, Nancy did not have an active subscription to her doorbell camera service, so no images were able to be recovered.
“It is concerning — it’s actually almost disappointing, because you’ve got your hopes up,” the sheriff said.
The case has also sparked interest from US President Donald Trump, who said on Friday he believed the investigation was going “very well”.
“We have some clues that I think are very strong,” the president said, while en route to his Mar-a-Lago club in Florida.
“We have some things that may be coming out reasonably soon.”
News
Two minutes ago: King Charles and Queen Camilla planted a symbolic tree in Northern Ireland — Royal Garden Party takes meaningful turn
King Charles and Queen Camilla plant royal tree at Northern Ireland garden party The couple have enjoyed an action-packed two days in Northern Ireland The King and Queen attended a garden party at Hillsborough Castle this afternoon, on the second…
Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank were seen leaving Kensington Palace for a late-night outing at a private Mayfair club — and royal watchers are already buzzing
Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank take 20-minute drive from Kensington Palace to Mayfair club The pregnant royal is expecting her third child this summer Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank stepped out for an evening at the exclusive Mayfair venue Oswald’s…
ROYAL TIMING RAISES EYEBROWS: DUCHESS OF EDINBURGH SPOTTED IN GENEVA JUST DAYS AFTER MEGHAN’S EXIT A curious coincidence that’s getting people talking
Duchess of Edinburgh pictured in Geneva just days after Meghan Markle’s departure The Duchess of Sussex attended the inauguration of The Lost Screen Memorial on Sunday The Duchess of Edinburgh made an appearance at the World Health Assembly in Geneva…
UNDERWATER HORROR — Divers tragically d!3 in cave incident in the Maldives after being “sucked in” and unable to escape
UNDERWATER HORROR Maldives divers ‘were sucked into the cave & unable to swim out before running out of air’ – as final bodies recovered FIVE Italian divers who drowned in a tragic Maldives expedition may have been sucked into a…
Tributes are pouring in for Dr Nikhil Autar, a pioneering young doctor and former NSW Young Australian of the Year, who has d!3d at just 32
Tributes flow for pioneering doctor, former NSW Young Australian of the Year Dr Nikhil Autar following death at age 32 A “beloved” young doctor and former NSW Australian of the Year who overcame teenage leukaemia has died aged 32. A…
TRAGIC CRASH VERDICT — Man sentenced over f4tal collision that k!ll3d Ian Welldon in Toowoomba
Man sentenced for killing Ian Welldon in Toowoomba truck and motorcycle crash Ian Welldon was described by his family as funny, kind and hard-working. (Supplied: Welldon family) Allan John Eveleigh has been sentenced to three-and-a-half years in jail after pleading guilty…
End of content
No more pages to load