‘That moment was painful, but it did not break me.’

Bondi attack hero Ahmed Al Ahmed has received heartbreaking news about his recovery from his gunshot injury.
Bondi terror attack hero Ahmed Al Ahmed has received heartbreaking news about his recovery from his gunshot injury.
Al Ahmed was among 40 people injured when father and son Sajid and Naveed Akram allegedly opened fire at Archer Park at Bondi Beach on December 14.
The Syrian-Australian jumped from behind a parked car and wrestled a gun from Sajid, choosing not to shoot him.
WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE: Moment Bondi hero receives heartbreaking news.
Moments later, he was shot five times. He suffered injuries to his left hand and arm.
The 43-year-old travelled to the US for further treatment on the injuries but on Tuesday he posted on social media devastating news about his recovery.
“Today I went through a nerve test on my hand, and it confirmed what I feared,” he wrote.
“Doctors sent electric shocks through it again and again. Even at 100 mA, I felt nothing.
“That moment was painful, but it did not break me.”


Al Ahmed said this is a “hard” but “temporary” phase in the long road of recovery.
“I remember the days when I saved lives and made a difference. If I had that strength once, I will find it again,” he said.
“Healing takes time, and I am ready to fight for it.
“I believe I will heal. I believe I will rise again. I will not give up.”


Al Ahmed had previously shared that he may never regain feeling in his left hand despite medical professionals’ best efforts through multiple surgeries.
In December, Al Ahmed was presented with a $2.5 million cheque while in his hospital bed.
The extraordinary amount of money had been raised in only four days through a GoFundMe set up for the hero.
Since footage of his heroic actions went viral online, Al Ahmed has met with a number of high-profile politicians both in Australia and the US, and shared dinner with Hollywood filmmaker M. Night Shyamalan.
Originally published on 7NEWS
News
Meghan Markle is once again in the headlines, with reports claiming she continues to seek publicity online despite recently speaking out against social media during an appearance in Geneva
Meghan Markle ‘seeks publicity’ online despite recent attack on social media in Geneva The Duchess of Sussex addressed a crowd in Switzerland on the perils of social media yesterday evening Meghan Markle “seeks publicity” online, a royal commentator has claimed,…
PRIVATE LIFE FIRST: Dara Huang OPENS UP ABOUT WHY Princess Beatrice’S STEPSON IS KEPT OUT OF THE SPOTLIGHT
Wolfie has been seen at Sandringham and the Princess of Wales’s annual carol service Dara Huang has offered a rare insight into how she protects her son, Christopher “Wolfie” Woolf Mapelli Mozzi. The mother-of-one revealed that she deliberately avoids sharing…
Royal Frenzy in Italy: Catherine, Princess of Wales, Stirring Up Crowds – But Her Real Mission Has Only Just Begun 🇮🇹
Princess of Wales draws screaming crowds in Italy as Catherine’s real mission begins The future queen showed how she plans to turn global fascination into lasting change There is no doubt that the Princess of Wales is an international icon….
Trouble continues to mount for Prince Andrew as new action is reportedly being taken to remove one of his remaining public honours
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor suffers fresh blow as action taken to strip former duke of Freedom honour The censure motion will come before the Court of Common Council at its meeting on May 21 The City of London Corporation has decided to…
What’s behind the fresh new look? Meghan Markle has sparked buzz after updating her profile picture and giving both her Instagram and As Ever website a noticeable refresh.
Meghan Markle in major rebrand as Duchess changes profile picture The Duchess of Sussex has given her Instagram and As Ever website a new look. Meghan Markle had a major rebrand (Image: Getty) Meghan Markle has updated her Instagram profile picture for…
“SILENCE SPEAKS VOLUMES…” — Meghan Faces Backlash Over Mother’s Day Post
Meghan Slammed After Leaving Doria Ragland Out of Mother’s Day Tribute: ‘Silence Speaks Volumes’ Meghan Markle’s Mother’s Day silence is being dissected by royal watchers following her latest brand expansion. Meghan Markle and her mother, Doria Ragland, at an event…
End of content
No more pages to load