Nick Mastrascusa is survived by his wife and their three children
Nick Mastrascusa.Credit : GoFundMe
A fourth victim in the January private plane crash in Maine has been identified.
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) said a Bombardier Challenger 650 crashed during takeoff at about 7:45 p.m. local time on Sunday, Jan. 25, at Bangor International Airport.
In an updated accident notice, the agency said six people died in the incident, including four passengers and two members of the flight crew. No one survived.
The identities of three victims were previously made public. On Jan. 27, Nick Mastrascusa was identified by his wife as the fourth victim in the crash, according to ABC 13.
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():focal(637x241:639x243):format(webp)/Nick-Mastrascusa-2-012726-47ab9d3d1a6f470c91455ba6af028e90.jpg)
Nick Mastrascusa.GoFundMe
Mastrascusa is survived by his wife and their three children, his family said in a verified GoFundMe fundraiser. “We are heartbroken to share the tragic news of the loss of Nick Mastrascusa, a parent, coach, and friend in our ‘ohana,” his relatives wrote, referring to the Hawaiian word for “family.”
Mastrascusa was a chef who worked in some of the “world’s most exclusive restaurants and resorts,” per ABC13.
“Nick touched the lives of so many in our community through his kindness, dedication, generosity and friendship,” Mastrascusa’s family wrote. “As we grieve this unimaginable loss, our hearts are with the Mastrascusa family and all who knew and loved Nick.”
The GoFundMe has already raised over $100,000 of its $110,000 goal as of publication time.
“Please join us in holding the Mastrascusa family in your thoughts and hearts, and consider making a contribution to help them through this challenging time,” the fundraiser reads. “Your support will make a meaningful difference as we surround this family with love and hope.”
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():focal(334x1169:336x1171):format(webp)/Nick-Mastrascusa-012726-192eeb13a1ff4893898e8c0896de42f9.jpg)
Nick Mastrascusa (left).GoFundMe
Jacob Hosmer, a 47-year-old Houston-area pilot, was previously identified as the captain of the flight, according to NBC affiliate KPRC, citing his father.
The plane he was flying was registered to a company with a Houston address shared with the personal injury law firm Arnold & Itkin, Reuters previously reported. Hosmer had Houston-based injury law firm Arnold & Itkin LLP listed as his employer on LinkedIn.
Though the firm’s founders, Kurt Arnold and Jason Itkin, reportedly were not on the aircraft, ABC affiliate KTRK said Kurt’s wife, attorney Tara Arnold, was among the victims, citing sources.
Harris County Commissioner Lesley Briones, a close friend of the family, described Tara to the outlet as “a phenomenal person, a bold leader, and someone with a heart of service.”
“My heart is with Kurt, their children, and everyone affected,” Briones said at the time.
Event planner Shawna Collins’s daughter said her mom was also on board the aircraft, according to her daughter, per the outlet. The mom reportedly spoke to her daughter just before the flight, and was heading to Europe on a business trip.
News
Two minutes ago: King Charles and Queen Camilla planted a symbolic tree in Northern Ireland — Royal Garden Party takes meaningful turn
King Charles and Queen Camilla plant royal tree at Northern Ireland garden party The couple have enjoyed an action-packed two days in Northern Ireland The King and Queen attended a garden party at Hillsborough Castle this afternoon, on the second…
Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank were seen leaving Kensington Palace for a late-night outing at a private Mayfair club — and royal watchers are already buzzing
Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank take 20-minute drive from Kensington Palace to Mayfair club The pregnant royal is expecting her third child this summer Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank stepped out for an evening at the exclusive Mayfair venue Oswald’s…
ROYAL TIMING RAISES EYEBROWS: DUCHESS OF EDINBURGH SPOTTED IN GENEVA JUST DAYS AFTER MEGHAN’S EXIT A curious coincidence that’s getting people talking
Duchess of Edinburgh pictured in Geneva just days after Meghan Markle’s departure The Duchess of Sussex attended the inauguration of The Lost Screen Memorial on Sunday The Duchess of Edinburgh made an appearance at the World Health Assembly in Geneva…
UNDERWATER HORROR — Divers tragically d!3 in cave incident in the Maldives after being “sucked in” and unable to escape
UNDERWATER HORROR Maldives divers ‘were sucked into the cave & unable to swim out before running out of air’ – as final bodies recovered FIVE Italian divers who drowned in a tragic Maldives expedition may have been sucked into a…
Tributes are pouring in for Dr Nikhil Autar, a pioneering young doctor and former NSW Young Australian of the Year, who has d!3d at just 32
Tributes flow for pioneering doctor, former NSW Young Australian of the Year Dr Nikhil Autar following death at age 32 A “beloved” young doctor and former NSW Australian of the Year who overcame teenage leukaemia has died aged 32. A…
TRAGIC CRASH VERDICT — Man sentenced over f4tal collision that k!ll3d Ian Welldon in Toowoomba
Man sentenced for killing Ian Welldon in Toowoomba truck and motorcycle crash Ian Welldon was described by his family as funny, kind and hard-working. (Supplied: Welldon family) Allan John Eveleigh has been sentenced to three-and-a-half years in jail after pleading guilty…
End of content
No more pages to load