The British monarchy is facing yet another seismic upheaval as public outrage over Prince Andrew shows no sign of abating. New polling reveals that a staggering 67% of Britons now support stripping the Duke of York of all remaining royal titles, including his birthright as a prince.
The figures, from a comprehensive national survey conducted by YouGov this week, mark a significant increase from just three years ago, when 62% of respondents backed such a move. Experts say this reflects growing impatience and demand for accountability following years of scandals surrounding the Queen’s second son.
Prince Andrew, once a senior working royal, retreated from public duties in 2019 following his disastrous Newsnight interview addressing his ties to convicted financier Jeffrey Epstein. That single televised appearance, intended to clarify his relationship with Epstein, instead sparked widespread public condemnation and set in motion his effective removal from royal life.
The Duke’s troubles have been compounded by the release of a damning new biography, which alleges that he was manipulated by Epstein and exploited taxpayer-funded overseas trips for private gain. The book also claims he accepted questionable gifts and large loans from wealthy associates, raising ethical and legal concerns about his conduct as a member of the royal family.
Adding fuel to the fire, a separate YouGov survey conducted just days prior found that only 5% of Britons now hold a positive view of Prince Andrew. Political commentators have described this as “virtually unprecedented” for any member of the monarchy, highlighting the depth of public distrust.
Legally, the removal of Prince Andrew’s ducal title would require an act of Parliament, while his status as a prince could only be revoked via letters patent from King Charles III—a decision of extraordinary symbolic weight. Sources close to Buckingham Palace reveal that Prince Andrew is being advised to maintain a low profile within the UK to avoid rekindling public outrage.
Meanwhile, Prince William is said to be taking a firm stance, establishing strict rules for his uncle in a bid to protect the monarchy’s reputation. The heir to the throne has reportedly received King Charles’ full backing to take all necessary actions to safeguard the institution.
“The public sentiment is crystal clear,” said royal analyst Dr. Emily Fraser. “There is overwhelming support for a complete separation of Prince Andrew from the monarchy. It’s a matter of public trust, and the future King is clearly determined to address it decisively.”
The unfolding saga comes at a delicate moment, as Prince William prepares to take on greater responsibility and lead the royal family into a new era. With the majority of Britons calling for Andrew’s titles to be revoked, the Duke of York faces an uncertain future, and the monarchy itself continues to navigate the fallout from one of its most damaging modern controversies.
News
“THAT WAS THE LAST TIME ANYONE SAW HIM ABOVE THE SURFACE…”
Last words of Italian marine biologist who died in Maldives scuba dive tragedy revealed The last words of one of the marine biologists who died in a scuba diving accident in the Maldives were a tribute to the lifelong passion…
“THAT WAS THE LAST TIME ANYONE SAW HIM ABOVE THE SURFACE…”
An eerie video captures the final hours of the Maldivian Coast Guard diver who died Saturday during a dangerous mission to recover the bodies of the Italian tourists trapped in a deep underwater cave. Sgt. Major Mohamed Mahudhee was filmed on Friday standing shoulder-to-shoulder with the…
“THEY WERE NEVER SUPPOSED TO GO IN THERE…”
A veteran Maldivian diver alleges the five Italians who died trapped in a deep underwater cave didn’t have the required government authorization to undertake such a perilous dive, and would still be alive today if the rules had been followed. A group…
“HOLLYWOOD SAYS IT’S BEEN MISSING THIS ENERGY…” — Charlize Theron’s Massive Comeback Is Already Taking Over The Internet
It’s the kind of Hollywood rebound no one saw coming — and yet, suddenly, everyone is talking about it. After months of speculation, whispers of disappointment, and questions about whether her action streak had finally run its course, Charlize Theron…
“THE LINCOLN LAWYER IS OFFICIALLY BACK… AND THIS TIME THE STAKES LOOK EVEN HIGHER.”
Diane Guerrero, Teresa Maria, Richard Cabral, Steve Howey, Patty Guggenheim, Corbin Bernsen, Chris Diamantopoulos và Iker Garcia.Ảnh do Cuahutemoc Garcia/James Mooney/Getty/Stephanie Nelson/Amanda Pays/Irvin Rivera/Jeffrey Nicholson cung EXCLUSIVE: As production begins on Netflix‘s The Lincoln Lawyer, they’ve stacked up their Season 5 cast with…
“NETFLIX VIEWERS SAY THIS MAY BE THEIR NEXT TRUE CRIME OBSESSION…”
Netflix doesn’t lack for great detective series, from modern classics like Mindhunter to terrific licensed shows like Dark Winds. The genre has always been popular among users, and a new detective series debuted in late March only to become the most-watched Netflix show worldwide,…
End of content
No more pages to load