Parton delivered the keynote address at her theme park Dollywood on its 41st anniversary
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():focal(999x0:1001x2):format(webp)/Dolly-Parton-opening-day-of-Dollywood-031326-1-84da31c6c4764dc09e008e0c6c20d1b0.jpg)
Dolly-Parton-opening-day-of-Dollywood-031326-1-84da31c6c4764dc09e008e0c6c20d1b0.jpg.Credit : Angelina Alcantar/News Sentinel / USA TODAY NETWORK via Imagn
Dolly Parton shared that she is taking good care of herself in the wake of health concerns, following the death of her husband Carl Thomas Dean.
Parton, 80, opened up about her health and her grief journey during a keynote speech on opening day at her theme park, Dollywood, on Friday, March 13. This year’s theme park season marks the 41st since the Tennessee theme park opened.
“I’ve not been touring, as you know,” Parton said, as seen in footage of the speech shared by WVLT 8. “I’ve had a few little health issues, and we’re taking good care of them.”
“I just kind of got worn down and worn out, grieving over Carl and a lot of other little things going on,” the country icon said, noting the loss of Dean, who she was married to for 58 years before his death on March 3, 2025 at 82. “I just got myself kind of where I needed to build myself back up spiritually, emotionally, and physically. But, all is good. It didn’t slow me down.”
After joking that fans shouldn’t confuse Dollywood Company President Eugene Naughton, who she shared the stage with, to be her “new husband,” she confirmed that she is “not dating anybody” since Dean’s death.
“I think Carl Dean’s waiting for me,” she said. “If I should show up at the pearly gates with somebody else, he would not like that. He’d be saying, ‘Who’s that little pisser? You leave him outside the gates.’ ”
Dean married the country legend in 1966 but eschewed the spotlight. He never attended public events with his wife, and the singer shared only a handful of photos of him over the years.
Parton previously shared a video apologizing for missing the Hall of Fame ceremony for the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA) for Dollywood in November 2025 amid her health concerns.
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():focal(999x0:1001x2):format(webp)/Dolly-Parton-opening-day-of-Dollywood-031326-514e72e0add54cf0adadb9f59d478dc1.jpg)
Dolly Parton at the opening day of Dollwyood’s 41st season.Angelina Alcantar/News Sentinel / USA TODAY NETWORK via Imagn
The Nashville legend postponed her Las Vegas residency due to an unspecified illness in October 2025, though she had mentioned earlier in September 2025 that she had been having issues with kidney stones. Parton announced she would be pushing back the performances by nearly a year to focus on her health.
“Dolly is getting better every day,” a source close to Parton told PEOPLE in a November 2025 cover story of the “I Will Always Love You” singer’s health.
“She is at home taking care of herself while many friends and family visit her,” the source added of Parton who just released her new book Star of the Show: My Life on Stage. “In true Dolly spirit she has already started decorating for the holidays — her favorite time of year.”
News
IT WAS ALL OVER THE PROPERTY MONEY… — COUSIN ACCUSED OF K!LLING Prince McFarland IN SH0CKING FAMILY TRAG-EDY THAT LEFT QUEENS STUNNED
A shocking family tragedy in South Jamaica, Queens, New York has left a community stunned after a heated dispute over family property reportedly ended with two cousins dead inside a home that had been put up for sale. The incident,…
You just never know when it’s time to go…. — FAMOUS RAPPER REPORTEDLY K!LLED BY FAMILY MEMBER OVER $600K QUEENS HOME, FANS LEFT STUNNED
A family property dispute in Queens, New York ended in shocking tragedy after rapper Prince McFarland was k!lled in a shooting connected to a home worth more than $600,000. According to information shared in a video summarizing the case, Prince…
HE DELETED THE FOOTAGE… — CHI-LLING NEW DETAIL IN THE Kayla Atwood CASE LEAVES MANY PEOPLE STUNNED
The disappearance of 32-year-old Kayla Atwood in Pensacola, Florida shocked the public after a series of disturbing details gradually emerged throughout the investigation. According to authorities, Kayla was last seen on January 3, 2024 after dropping her children off at…
VERY DANGER0US – POLICE CONFIRM 3 PEOPLE WANTED AFTER MAN SH0T 15 TIMES IN KENTUCKY, ONE DETAIL LEAVES EVERYONE STUNNED…
“They should be considered armed and dangerous,” the Newport Police Department said in a statement Tiance Combs, Kortney Alford and Terry Moses.Credit : Newport Police Department Police in Kentucky are searching for two men and a woman wanted in connection…
MAN SH0T 15 TIMES — MAN GUNNED DOWN IN BRU-TAL ATT-ACK AS THREE SUSPECTS REMAIN WANTED, COMMUNITY LEFT IN SH0CK
“They should be considered armed and dangerous,” the Newport Police Department said in a statement Tiance Combs, Kortney Alford and Terry Moses.Credit : Newport Police Department Police in Kentucky are searching for two men and a woman wanted in connection…
SHOCK ALLEGATION EMERGES — Prosecutors CLAIM Kouri Richins TARGETED LEAD DETECTIVE AFTER ARREST
The posting of the ‘gay dating profile’ is just one of the ‘new to the record’ incidents prosecutors’ included in their sentencing memo Kouri Richins.Credit : Trent Nelson – Pool/Getty Prosecutors are sharing details about a number of actions that they…
End of content
No more pages to load