‘That moment was painful, but it did not break me.’

Bondi attack hero Ahmed Al Ahmed has received heartbreaking news about his recovery from his gunshot injury.
Bondi terror attack hero Ahmed Al Ahmed has received heartbreaking news about his recovery from his gunshot injury.
Al Ahmed was among 40 people injured when father and son Sajid and Naveed Akram allegedly opened fire at Archer Park at Bondi Beach on December 14.
The Syrian-Australian jumped from behind a parked car and wrestled a gun from Sajid, choosing not to shoot him.
WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE: Moment Bondi hero receives heartbreaking news.
Moments later, he was shot five times. He suffered injuries to his left hand and arm.
The 43-year-old travelled to the US for further treatment on the injuries but on Tuesday he posted on social media devastating news about his recovery.
“Today I went through a nerve test on my hand, and it confirmed what I feared,” he wrote.
“Doctors sent electric shocks through it again and again. Even at 100 mA, I felt nothing.
“That moment was painful, but it did not break me.”


Al Ahmed said this is a “hard” but “temporary” phase in the long road of recovery.
“I remember the days when I saved lives and made a difference. If I had that strength once, I will find it again,” he said.
“Healing takes time, and I am ready to fight for it.
“I believe I will heal. I believe I will rise again. I will not give up.”


Al Ahmed had previously shared that he may never regain feeling in his left hand despite medical professionals’ best efforts through multiple surgeries.
In December, Al Ahmed was presented with a $2.5 million cheque while in his hospital bed.
The extraordinary amount of money had been raised in only four days through a GoFundMe set up for the hero.
Since footage of his heroic actions went viral online, Al Ahmed has met with a number of high-profile politicians both in Australia and the US, and shared dinner with Hollywood filmmaker M. Night Shyamalan.
Originally published on 7NEWS
News
Two minutes ago: King Charles and Queen Camilla planted a symbolic tree in Northern Ireland — Royal Garden Party takes meaningful turn
King Charles and Queen Camilla plant royal tree at Northern Ireland garden party The couple have enjoyed an action-packed two days in Northern Ireland The King and Queen attended a garden party at Hillsborough Castle this afternoon, on the second…
Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank were seen leaving Kensington Palace for a late-night outing at a private Mayfair club — and royal watchers are already buzzing
Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank take 20-minute drive from Kensington Palace to Mayfair club The pregnant royal is expecting her third child this summer Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank stepped out for an evening at the exclusive Mayfair venue Oswald’s…
ROYAL TIMING RAISES EYEBROWS: DUCHESS OF EDINBURGH SPOTTED IN GENEVA JUST DAYS AFTER MEGHAN’S EXIT A curious coincidence that’s getting people talking
Duchess of Edinburgh pictured in Geneva just days after Meghan Markle’s departure The Duchess of Sussex attended the inauguration of The Lost Screen Memorial on Sunday The Duchess of Edinburgh made an appearance at the World Health Assembly in Geneva…
UNDERWATER HORROR — Divers tragically d!3 in cave incident in the Maldives after being “sucked in” and unable to escape
UNDERWATER HORROR Maldives divers ‘were sucked into the cave & unable to swim out before running out of air’ – as final bodies recovered FIVE Italian divers who drowned in a tragic Maldives expedition may have been sucked into a…
Tributes are pouring in for Dr Nikhil Autar, a pioneering young doctor and former NSW Young Australian of the Year, who has d!3d at just 32
Tributes flow for pioneering doctor, former NSW Young Australian of the Year Dr Nikhil Autar following death at age 32 A “beloved” young doctor and former NSW Australian of the Year who overcame teenage leukaemia has died aged 32. A…
TRAGIC CRASH VERDICT — Man sentenced over f4tal collision that k!ll3d Ian Welldon in Toowoomba
Man sentenced for killing Ian Welldon in Toowoomba truck and motorcycle crash Ian Welldon was described by his family as funny, kind and hard-working. (Supplied: Welldon family) Allan John Eveleigh has been sentenced to three-and-a-half years in jail after pleading guilty…
End of content
No more pages to load