
The important reason why Kate Middleton didn’t reveal the type of cancer she had
The Princess of Wales announced her diagnosis in March 2024
ate Middleton was inundated with messages of support and well wishes when she revealed her cancer diagnosis on March 22, 2024, but the palace gave a reason as to why she never disclosed the type she had.
Princess Kate’s candid video released in March 2024 after several months of building tension packed with conspiracy theories and concern, was a shock to the system. The hashtag #WhereIsKateMiddleton swiftly melted away after she explained why she had been taken time away from her royal duties.
Two years on, we look at why Kate Middleton’s cancer diagnosis was as impactful as it was, and the possible reason she didn’t want to say what type of cancer she had.
The Princess of Wales announced her cancer diagnosis in March 2024 (Credit: ALPR/AdMedia)
Prince William’s reaction to Kate Middleton’s cancer diagnosis
Last year, former royal aide Jason Knauf spoke to 60 Minutes Australia about his time working with the Prince and Princess of Wales throughout his career.
He also divulged on how the dad-of-three took the news his wife Kate was dealing with a cancer diagnosis at 43 years old.
He said: “It was awful, absolutely awful. It’s the lowest I’ve ever seen him.”
Jason further revealed the couple wanted to delay telling the world about her health because they “hadn’t told the children” and they wanted to tackle it properly, as a family.
The Prince of Wales has been by Kate’s side throughout her health ordeal (Credit: Cover Images)
Why Kate Middleton isn’t revealing what type of cancer she had
Nobody can put it better than Kensington Palace themselves, who actually responded to requests from media and the public who wanted to know what type of cancer Kate Middleton had.
They said at the time: “We will not be sharing any further private medical information.
“The Princess has a right to medical privacy, as we all do.”
The Firm won’t be disclosing this information now she is remission or what stage the disease was.
It’s a similar decision made by Buckingham Palace when King Charles announced his own cancer diagnosis weeks prior in February 2024.
“His Majesty has chosen to share his diagnosis to prevent speculation and in the hope it may assist public understanding for all those around the world who are affected by cancer,” the palace said at the time.
Princess Kate didn’t reveal the type of cancer she had (Credit: Cover Images)
What did Kate Middleton say about her cancer diagnosis?
A poignant video was released in March 2024, where we watched the mum-of-three sitting on a wooden bench in the sunshine.
She said in the clip: “In January, I underwent major abdominal surgery in London and at the time, it was thought that my condition was non-cancerous. The surgery was successful. However, tests after the operation found cancer had been present.
“My medical team therefore advised that I should undergo a course of preventative chemotherapy and I am now in the early stages of that treatment. This of course came as a huge shock, and William and I have been doing everything we can to process and manage this privately for the sake of our young family.”
Out of darkness, can come light, so let that light shine bright.
In September, when she updated fans on her progress and that she had completed her treatment, she added: “Despite all that has gone before, I enter this new phase of recovery with a renewed sense of hope and appreciation of life. William and I are so grateful for the support we have received and have drawn great strength from all those who are helping us at this time.
“Everyone’s kindness, empathy and compassion has been truly humbling. To all those who are continuing their own cancer journey – I remain with you, side by side, hand in hand. Out of darkness, can come light, so let that light shine bright.”
Princess of Wales in remission
In January 2025, Kate revealed she was in remission and was looking forward to the future.
More recently, Kate opened up about one aspect of her lifestyle she’s changed since her cancer journey.
After pulling a pint at Fabal Beerhall earlier this month, the princess was invited to give the alcohol a try.
But, she said: “Since my diagnosis, I haven’t had much alcohol. It’s something I have to be a lot more conscious of now.”
Watch more:
News
Investigators Examine Disturbing Alleged Getaway Car F00tage After San Diego Mosque Sh00ting
The San Diego mosque tragedy had already left an entire community devastated. Now, investigators are reportedly examining chilling footage allegedly recorded inside the suspects’ vehicle moments after the deadly attack — and the disturbing details emerging are deepening the horror…
LATEST UPDATE: San Diego Community H-aunted By Questions As Troubling New Details Emerge About Teen Suspects
San Diego Community Haunted By Questions As Troubling New Details Emerge About Teen Suspects 6 As investigators continue unraveling the events surrounding the deadly San Diego mosque sh00ting, heartbreaking new details about the two teenage suspects are leaving communities across…
D1sturbing New Details Emerge From Alleged Getaway Car Footage After San Diego Mosque Att-ack
Disturbing New Details Emerge From Alleged Getaway Car Footage After San Diego Mosque Attack 7 The terrifying chaos surrounding the San Diego mosque sh00ting may not have ended when the gunfire stopped. Now, investigators are reportedly analyzing disturbing new footage…
“HEY… READ THE NOTE.” The San Diego mosque sh00ting had already devastated an entire community — but now, investigators say disturbing handwritten notes left behind by the teenage gunmen may reveal the dark thoughts building long before the att@ck
Investigators Examine Disturbing Handwritten Notes Left Behind After Deadly San Diego Mosque Attack 7 The San Diego mosque sh00ting had already devastated an entire community. Now, investigators say disturbing handwritten notes allegedly left behind by the teenage gunmen may reveal…
“ABSOLUTELY INSANE!…”: MEGHAN MARKLE DEMANDS FULL PRINCESS PRIVILEGES FOR HER UK RETURN
Palace Tensions Explode As Meghan Markle’s Reported UK Return Demands Spark Royal Fury 6 Fresh royal controversy is erupting after explosive reports claimed Meghan Markle is seeking an extraordinary level of royal treatment ahead of a potential return to the…
ONE HOUR AGO: “MEGHAN MARKLE STUNS THE PALACE WITH HER ‘SH0CKING EUROPEAN TRIP’ JUST DAYS AFTER PRINCESS CATHERINE’S HIGHLY PRAISED VISIT
5 Royal watchers are once again in full meltdown mode after Meghan Markle unexpectedly revealed new European travel plans just days after Princess Catherine’s widely praised appearance in Italy — and many online are already questioning the timing. The sudden…
End of content
No more pages to load